[KERNEL] Phoenix v1.49 (11/04/2010)

Search This thread

tehdarkknight

Jun 8, 2010
Tennessee
twitter.com
My linpack score was 6.7 and quadrant was 850

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I've identified a scaling issue with the interactive governor. It idles at 800 mHz and doesn't clock up or down. I'll be releasing a minor version soon with a different default governor until I can find a permanent solution.

As for the benchmarks, even when interactive is working properly, you won't get amazing benchmarks, but your device will be more responsive and have better battery life. Typical benchmarks for this kernel so far with, say, the performance governor are an 8.2 linpack and 950 quadrant. Once interactive is scaling properly, those scores won't mean anything.

tehdarkknight

Jun 8, 2010
Tennessee
twitter.com
v1.32 is re-uploaded and working, sorry for any confusion.

If you've downloaded v1.32, please discard it immediately. something failed in the upload and it causes a boot failure.

Last edited:

Decad3nce

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 19, 2010
Sweet, time to fork and do a proper patch for BFS. :p

dondadah88

Jan 5, 2007
I know you care about performance and tweaking the kendal a much as potable but can you add the brightness tweak cause the phone is stupid bright at 0

Geniusdog254

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 2, 2009
St. Louis
Great to see this! I'll be borrowing some stuff for MixUp ;)

In particular the interactive governor, I added it yesterday but ran into problems getting it to compile, so this is uber-handy!

tehdarkknight

Jun 8, 2010
Tennessee
twitter.com
v1.40 is up, added 600 and 1200 as possible frequencies.
By just setting the scaling governor to performance and locking the frequency at 1200, I managed 1010 in Quadrant and 9.75 in Linpack.

Whosdaman

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 9, 2008
Gainesville, Florida
Heh, I'm moving things along pretty quickly today, my apologies. v1.40 should be it for the day, though I might be doing some fun things and releasing an alternative version tonight ;)

Can't wait. I am switching between yours and genius kernel. If you need someone to test for you I can. Also can you give me a heads up on twitter when you release your alternative. I'm korey118

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

nimaim

Aug 28, 2010
Thanks for this knight. Plan to test it out very soon after I play around with some other stuff. Hopefully this helps the devs with CM6.1 for the epic as well :)

ecker2008

Nov 30, 2007
thanks man.. sounds like a great kernel! I will probably flash whatever is the latest release tonight.. i'll let you know how it goes and how it performs compared to other kernels.. I've been testing a few of them lately..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yeah that's cool, thx. i've been running DK28 ROMs only.... never did run a cutom di18 ROM or custom kernal, so was thinking about doing it for fun, lol. thx

If you want a badass rom/kernel combo for 2.1 I suggest running 1.43 of this kernel with the Epic Experience 2.1 rom or EE and xtreme kernel. 1.43 pheonix will get you better battery life but xtreme will be a bit snappier

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App