[Crack-Prj] BOINC Project for bruteforcing Milestone's RSA Keys

Search This thread

kholk

Retired Recognized Developer
May 20, 2007
Torino
Hi all!
As you all know, the 2ndboot and vulnerability hunting project has started months and months ago, one with some results (but still not useful), and the other without any result.

As far as we're seeing, finding a vulnerability in Milestone is nearly impossible.. it's powered by military equipment from TI (OMAP) and, well... I'm not discrediting the work done by droid-developers where I've put my partecipation (yakk, xvilka, Bavilo etc...) but I think that they're getting a bit off-road as they're now setting their own AOSP for Milestone without going on with vulnerability hunt.

The 2ndboot project seems died, as they've tried to boot MBM with 2ndboot for re-initing the modem, but failed. And it seems that modem reinit is almost impossible.

So, cracking the RSA key it's not an easy thing to do, but we can almost try, setting a BOINC project and giving our CPUs to the work: we can crack it in seconds, days, weeks, months.. or we can FAIL, but at this point it's worth trying to do it, as all the methods tried seems to be a fail...

Well, what I'm tryin' to do with this thread?

I need your collaboration and your help for this project as we need processing power. The more we have, less would be the time for finding the key.
I think that if we started this thing months ago, now we'd be able to flash our custom ROMs.

I can provide the BOINC server as I've got a dedicated server w/Linux (Gentoo) or FreeBSD, but I need help for setting it as I've never done a BOINC project and I don't know how it works.

Are you with me? :D

The Eugenia Project Developer
-kholk

Reactions: devwithzachary

devwithzachary

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 12, 2009
London
Huawei P40
Well my boinc is set up wait, im sure there must be a how to guide or something but i guess it isn't going to be easy good luck man

Sent from my Milestone using XDA App

MrPadie

Jan 29, 2010
Cape Town
www.voidblog.com
I will dedicate 2 computers that will be online 24/7, both with dual cores in them, only to run for this project. That means the usage of full processing power on each, and I'll let my Macbook do the odd running too. Let us know the details once you have this up and running, and we can get this show on the road. I too feel it's the only way we're going to get this working.

MrP.

Menelkir

Jul 30, 2010
Porto Alegre
menelkir.itroll.org
I will dedicate 2 computers that will be online 24/7, both with dual cores in them, only to run for this project. That means the usage of full processing power on each, and I'll let my Macbook do the odd running too. Let us know the details once you have this up and running, and we can get this show on the road. I too feel it's the only way we're going to get this working.

MrP.

Same here, I have my homeserver with core2duo (idle most of time) so I'll give full power to it. Also, I can install in my notebook to help.

vennstrom

Feb 27, 2008
So far we have lots of volunteer who can provide processing power.....but yet to have someone who knows how to make it work...anyone?

Ps.you've got additional power from me.

Sent from my Milestone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all!
    As you all know, the 2ndboot and vulnerability hunting project has started months and months ago, one with some results (but still not useful), and the other without any result.

As far as we're seeing, finding a vulnerability in Milestone is nearly impossible.. it's powered by military equipment from TI (OMAP) and, well... I'm not discrediting the work done by droid-developers where I've put my partecipation (yakk, xvilka, Bavilo etc...) but I think that they're getting a bit off-road as they're now setting their own AOSP for Milestone without going on with vulnerability hunt.

The 2ndboot project seems died, as they've tried to boot MBM with 2ndboot for re-initing the modem, but failed. And it seems that modem reinit is almost impossible.

So, cracking the RSA key it's not an easy thing to do, but we can almost try, setting a BOINC project and giving our CPUs to the work: we can crack it in seconds, days, weeks, months.. or we can FAIL, but at this point it's worth trying to do it, as all the methods tried seems to be a fail...

Well, what I'm tryin' to do with this thread?

I need your collaboration and your help for this project as we need processing power. The more we have, less would be the time for finding the key.
    I think that if we started this thing months ago, now we'd be able to flash our custom ROMs.

I can provide the BOINC server as I've got a dedicated server w/Linux (Gentoo) or FreeBSD, but I need help for setting it as I've never done a BOINC project and I don't know how it works.

Are you with me? :D

The Eugenia Project Developer
    -kholk
    saw this and thought it might be useful anyone with more knowledge than me got time to take a look?

http://stacksmashing.net/2010/11/15/cracking-in-the-cloud-amazons-new-ec2-gpu-instances/

This.
    I would be happy to donate for some server time, if someone knows what to do.
    I too would like to use my systems to help out - can someone please post some instructions? And maybe update the opening post so newcomers don't need to read 20+ pages.

Greets, 47

have a look at

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=883376

;)