Root cx 919 II

Search This thread

Delgadovsky

Sep 10, 2007
Lisboa
Hello everybody

Just bought a CX 919 II and is very good. Great wifi reception, fast and very usefull. Problem is that i want to root but dont find a way to do it in the "whole" internet. I read that is different fron cx919 and that the roms for cx 919 doesent apply to cx919 II. Thanks if anyone can help

arnookie

Jun 14, 2009
Hello everybody

Just bought a CX 919 II and is very good. Great wifi reception, fast and very usefull. Problem is that i want to root but dont find a way to do it in the "whole" internet. I read that is different fron cx919 and that the roms for cx 919 doesent apply to cx919 II. Thanks if anyone can help

Here you go fella give us a thumbs up if it works for you. It did with my "CX 919 II" :0)

link for software here should work on any "CX-919" device / TVstick

http://www.share-online.biz/dl/54FMSCQM0U

1. plugin cx-919 II with usb-cable on "usb" to usb-slot on computer and wait for detection as "cx-919".
2. a new device detected, called "cx-919" or "CX-919 II), go to device manager and install the
latest usb google sdk driver from sdk android 4.2.2 file "android_winusb.inf"
path to file: RK3188_ROOT\usb_driver
(included in this file, modded for x64 and x86 os for rk3188 detection).
3. after installation usb-driver, cx-919 now detected as "android composite adb interface"

for test driver install go to root directory from attached file and go to cmd and call:

adb devices

you should see a message like this:
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
0123456789ABCDEF device 4. next call "TPSparkyRoot.bat"
5. follow the onscreen instruction, 3 reboots and you have root
(wait for every step at least 2 minutes, so you are sure your device is rebooted and ready for next step...)
6. plug in cx-919 in tv and start app "Super SU" execute binary update and upgrade to latest version through google play store...

Last edited:

Delgadovsky

Sep 10, 2007
Lisboa
Here you go fella give us a thumbs up if it works for you. It did with my "CX 919 II" :0)

1. plugin cx-919 II with usb-cable on "usb" to usb-slot on computer and wait for detection as "cx-919".
2. a new device detected, called "cx-919" or "CX-919 II), go to device manager and install the
3. after installation usb-driver, cx-919 now detected as "android composite adb interface"

for test driver install go to root directory from attached file and go to cmd and call:

adb devices

List of devices attached
(wait for every step at least 2 minutes, so you are sure your device is rebooted and ready for next step...)
6. plug in cx-919 in tv and start app "Super SU" execute binary update and upgrade to latest version through google play store...

Thanks a lot. Just great :D

arnookie

Jun 14, 2009

Hope it worked for you. :eek:)

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

If you need a new firmware let me know especially if you find its locked to 1ghz as some are at the moment. check speed with perfmon.apk I have firmware that goes to 1.43 ghz. But I can't get display higher than 530p on any firmware. The firmware is from april 2014 build from what I can remember. ;0) I'm tempted to make a firmware myself for this stick if I can with 1080p hd, 1.8ghz cpu (stock max) and overclocked mali gpu.

Last edited:

racka

Mar 31, 2006
Hope it worked for you. :eek:)

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

If you need a new firmware let me know especially if you find its locked to 1ghz as some are at the moment. check speed with perfmon.apk I have firmware that goes to 1.43 ghz. But I can't get display higher than 530p on any firmware. The firmware is from april 2014 build from what I can remember. ;0) I'm tempted to make a firmware myself for this stick if I can with 1080p hd, 1.8ghz cpu (stock max) and overclocked mali gpu.

Hi, can you please share a good, perhaps cpu, gpu an ram overclocked version with wifi and bt working? I have looked all over the internet. Bricked a couple of times. Bit still didn't find a fully working rom yet.

Thanks.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

arnookie

Jun 14, 2009
Hi, can you please share a good, perhaps cpu, gpu an ram overclocked version with wifi and bt working? I have looked all over the internet. Bricked a couple of times. Bit still didn't find a fully working rom yet.

Thanks.

OK here you go. :eek:) This is the most recent 1.4GHZ stock rom for the CX 919II model CYX_809III_RK3188 V2_1 20140208 ; http://www.mediafire.com/download/o...rom_vendor_have_playstore_working_1.46ghz.zip
As usual flash at your own risk ;0) Don't hold me responsible if you brick or damage your device.

The best way of knowing what firmware and kernel to use is to pry open you'r cx-919 and get the information printed on the mainboard.
It will say something like CYX_809III_RK3188 V2_1 20140208
If you post the information on this thread I will try find the best firmware for you.
CYX_809III_RK3188 V2_1 20140208

The one above is specific to the CX 919ii / CYX_809III_RK3188 V2_1 20140208.

HERE IS A 4.4 KITKAT ROM for the CX919II_andriod_4.4_tech_rk31_dongle_ap6210_140403
But I have not tested it yet on the above board. But give it a try if you like.
https://mega.co.nz/#!QtlAwLgQ!Q6VNlhL7XlmRqkAo-Lv6liQJOm-ojRo9VA7TWjaXlZU

For most 919 II devices just look here for the firmware and kernel.
http://www.freaktab.com/forumdisplay.php?161-J22-GM282-LT88-T-R42-CX919-II

Kitkat rom thread but read it carefully and caution using it if your board is a CYX_809III_RK3188 V2_1 20140208 (but it might work) ;)
http://www.freaktab.com/showthread....-to-Kit-Kat-4-4-x-without-bricking-the-device!!!

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Another kitkat firmware you can also try that may work on the CX 919II device with board CYX_809III_RK3188 V2_1 20140208
http://allminipc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1185

Last edited:
Reactions: racka

racka

Mar 31, 2006
OK here you go. :eek:) This is the most recent 1.4GHZ stock rom for the CX 919II model CYX_809III_RK3188 V2_1 20140208 ; http://www.mediafire.com/download/o...rom_vendor_have_playstore_working_1.46ghz.zip
As usual flash at your own risk ;0) Don't hold me responsible if you brick or damage your device.

The best way of knowing what firmware and kernel to use is to pry open you'r cx-919 and get the information printed on the mainboard.
If you post the information on this thread I will try find the best firmware for you.

HERE IS A 4.4 KITKAT ROM for the CX919II_andriod_4.4_tech_rk31_dongle_ap6210_140403

Kitkat rom thread but read it carefully and caution using it if your board is a CYX_809III_RK3188 V2_1 20140208 (but it might work) ;)
http://www.freaktab.com/showthread....-to-Kit-Kat-4-4-x-without-bricking-the-device!!!

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Another kitkat firmware you can also try that may work on the CX 919II device with board CYX_809III_RK3188 V2_1 20140208

Thanks a lot! You're really a life safer ;

My version is ineed CYX_809III_RK3188 V2_1 20140208. There is not so much to be found for this version.
I had to open the stick (again) anyway because it was bricked "again" for trying the wrong version.

I tried the kitkat version from the second link, for the sake of trying and found the wifi an bt not working.
Then I flashed the official oc version and it works like a charm!

Thanks again for making my 50 euros nog go to waist ;)

arnookie

Jun 14, 2009

My version is ineed CYX_809III_RK3188 V2_1 20140208. There is not so much to be found for this version.
I had to open the stick (again) anyway because it was bricked "again" for trying the wrong version.

I tried the kitkat version from the second link, for the sake of trying and found the wifi an bt not working.

Did you use the firmware from the first link? I found that to be quite stable and work well at 1.4ghz. It also did work in 720p fine for me.
I hope to have a new version soon and will post in the next day or so :fingers-crossed:
I have direct link to factory so I normally get firmware months before the sellers do.

Last edited:

racka

Mar 31, 2006
Did you use the firmware from the first link? I found that to be quite stable and work well at 1.4ghz. It also did work in 720p fine for me.
I hope to have a new version soon and will post in the next day or so :fingers-crossed:
I have direct link to factory so I normally get firmware months before the sellers do.

Yes I've used the firmware from the first link. It's been great so far. 720 working good, reaction time of the system also much better. Overall much snappier.

It would be great to have a new firmware. Good thing you're on xda :)

arnookie

Jun 14, 2009
Yes I've used the firmware from the first link. It's been great so far. 720 working good, reaction time of the system also much better. Overall much snappier.

No problem my friend. I will, with all luck, have the new firmware tomorrow evening. :D
The factory is just starting to finalise it and have a working mass market flashable image by tomorrow. :fingers-crossed:

arnookie

Jun 14, 2009

I have the latest firmware for this stick I will post the link later today. Its the complete official firmware dated 14/05/09
I have not had time to test it my self yet but I will do as soon as I can. I will post a link once I upload it. :D

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

I have the latest firmware for this stick I will post the link later today. Its the complete official firmware dated 14/05/09
I have not had time to test it my self yet but I will do as soon as I can. I will post a link once I upload it. :D

here you go this is the latest link. :highfive:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l...k31_CX-919II_J22_140509_8G2G_from_factory.zip

racka

Mar 31, 2006

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

here you go this is the latest link. :highfive:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l...k31_CX-919II_J22_140509_8G2G_from_factory.zip

Wow, great! Thanks a lot. I will test it later today or tomorrow. I'll let you know how it works for me.

You know what's really funny. Even now I am looking in other forums. Mainly freaktab and there is so much confusion about this model. And so many people, like me ;) struggling to find the right firmware. And here you are on this small thread providing it.

Sometimes I want to refer to this XDA thread but I don't know if links to other forums is appreciated.

Maybe next time I will ;)

arnookie

Jun 14, 2009
Wow, great! Thanks a lot. I will test it later today or tomorrow. I'll let you know how it works for me.

You know what's really funny. Even now I am looking in other forums. Mainly freaktab and there is so much confusion about this model. And so many people, like me ;) struggling to find the right firmware. And here you are on this small thread providing it.

Sometimes I want to refer to this XDA thread but I don't know if links to other forums is appreciated.

I don't see why they would have a problem with links to helpful threads really. They should appreciate it really in my honest opinion. Just hope it has faster cpu I just have had no time to check it myself yet. But it is straight from the factory and you sure have it before anyone else apart from me. It should have better hdmi support and offer better detection on more TV models. It is as far as I know supposed to offer faster cpu but if it does and you find it causes heat issues you can always underclock with nofrillscpu from playstore. ;)

arnookie

Jun 14, 2009

Just letting you know this new firmware runs very well its still only 1.43 ghz but all hdmi resolutions are now working on all my tv sets.
Its very stable and rootable the same way as the others I posted with debugging on just install supersu and . I am Getting just under 17000 score on antutu and it seems very snappy. I would suggest going into developer options and setting the window animation scales all to 0.5 or off to make it feel even snappier (I have them all set to off) especially animation duration scale. I would also suggest Nova launcher from playstore for a nicer launcher. Its running really well and so far I have had no problems at all.
:highfive:

racka

Mar 31, 2006
Just letting you know this new firmware runs very well its still only 1.43 ghz but all hdmi resolutions are now working on all my tv sets.
Its very stable and rootable the same way as the others I posted with debugging on just install supersu and . I am Getting just under 17000 score on antutu and it seems very snappy. I would suggest going into developer options and setting the window animation scales all to 0.5 or off to make it feel even snappier (I have them all set to off) especially animation duration scale. I would also suggest Nova launcher from playstore for a nicer launcher. Its running really well and so far I have had no problems at all.
:highfive:

Thanks for the update. I've just flashed the new firmware and was running antutu. It shows the cpu runs from 312 tp 1608 MHz. Score is 16742.

I have purchased nova prime before for my smartphone and have tried it on the stick but then the bottom bar was gone. Most of the time I only use a bt mouse so it's kinda usefull to me. But I agree nova makes the system snappier and nicer looking. I will install it again and try to adjust it so it works for me.

As for the other tips, I will definitely apply them. I have not rooted this stick before, bit tomorrow I will give it a try.

Keep me posted (^o^)

Greets from the Netherlands :)

Edit: I have installed nova launcher and the bottom bar is still available. I must have done something wrong last time.

Last edited:

arnookie

Jun 14, 2009
Thanks for the update. I've just flashed the new firmware and was running antutu. It shows the cpu runs from 312 tp 1608 MHz. Score is 16742.

I have purchased nova prime before for my smartphone and have tried it on the stick but then the bottom bar was gone. Most of the time I only use a bt mouse so it's kinda usefull to me. But I agree nova makes the system snappier and nicer looking. I will install it again and try to adjust it so it works for me.

As for the other tips, I will definitely apply them. I have not rooted this stick before, bit tomorrow I will give it a try.

Keep me posted (^o^)

Greets from the Netherlands :)

Edit: I have installed nova launcher and the bottom bar is still available. I must have done something wrong last time.

I would suggest use antutu overclock instead of nofrills cpu as for some reason nofrills does not keep processor setting after reboot. antutu overclock does. Also set to 1.43ghz and performance in antutu overclock and tick apply at boot. Shame it still runs at only 1.43ghz but its as good as any custom rom.

smlkat

May 21, 2014
I would suggest use antutu overclock instead of nofrills cpu as for some reason nofrills does not keep processor setting after reboot. antutu overclock does. Also set to 1.43ghz and performance in antutu overclock and tick apply at boot. Shame it still runs at only 1.43ghz but its as good as any custom rom.

hello to everyone! I have the device MK809III with motherboard CYX_809III_RK3188 V2_1 20140208. I installed the latest firmware 14-05-09 and it was fine. then I put the root, and the wifi started to go slower, often freezes and does not load.

Is this normal? is there a solution?

thank you

edit: i think it is the adaway give problems to the internet connection, anyway it is unusable for my pourpose.

Last edited:

arnookie

Jun 14, 2009
hello to everyone! I have the device MK809III with motherboard CYX_809III_RK3188 V2_1 20140208. I installed the latest firmware 14-05-09 and it was fine. then I put the root, and the wifi started to go slower, often freezes and does not load.

Is this normal? is there a solution?

thank you

edit: i think it is the adaway give problems to the internet connection, anyway it is unusable for my pourpose.

I have had zero problems with wifi. 72mb average. Just make sure you have both antenna pointing in slightly different position.
I normally keep them just up at a slight angle, just at an opposite angle to each other.
I find If I have them both straight or both full pushed back I get problems. Also make sure you set date time and timezone as accurate as you can. That causes problems if its not right. I found the rom is default to a strange time zone so its worth a check. :) Also after flashing the rom and rooting its always best to do a full factory reset. You will not loose root resetting. Just make sure to install root to system within supersu before factory restore. ;)

Last edited:

manouky

May 22, 2014
Tried everything

THank you for that wonderful post,

but for the love of Pete, I cannot install that driver on my PC and or laptop.. When I try to install android_winusb.inf it keeps telling me I cannot install it that way.

And if I go via the device manager, it keeps telling me that my driver is up to date ;-((

How do I force intall the drive so I can finally root that device.

Cheers

arnookie

Jun 14, 2009
THank you for that wonderful post,

but for the love of Pete, I cannot install that driver on my PC and or laptop.. When I try to install android_winusb.inf it keeps telling me I cannot install it that way.

And if I go via the device manager, it keeps telling me that my driver is up to date ;-((

How do I force intall the drive so I can finally root that device.

Cheers

This is a common problem try fully removing the drivers from device manager and make sure to tick the box for (delete driver software on the popup box) also. You should try all your usb ports and also make sure Android setting/ developer/ debugging is turned on!

Are you trying to root or flash the rom? If that fails you should try another pc or laptop. Sometimes some pc's just will not take the driver (I know its a real pain in the ass) but just keep trying. Windows 7 seems to have issues. Also make sure you use the otg port on the stick and keep the reset button press whilst inserting the stick (but only do that for flashing the firmware) you don't need to just to root the stick. :eek:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody

adb devices

List of devices attached

Thanks.

I don't see why they would have a problem with links to helpful threads really. They should appreciate it really in my honest opinion. Just hope it has faster cpu I just have had no time to check it myself yet. But it is straight from the factory and you sure have it before anyone else apart from me. It should have better hdmi support and offer better detection on more TV models. It is as far as I know supposed to offer faster cpu but if it does and you find it causes heat issues you can always underclock with nofrillscpu from playstore. ;)
    Please read the thread. Both your questions are allready answered. Drivers are included in the download from post #6. (first link)

If yo wat to be shure if the model is the same prie it open like Arnooki suggested. You can click it back afterwards.

pe9abage.jpg