Reverting to official RUU with HardSPL

Search This thread

flipside123

Aug 17, 2008
I have been searching all over for this but it's probaly right in front of my face. I read that you need to get rid of SPL.nbh from official ROMS before flashing back with HardSPL. The problem is, the official T-Mobile Wing ROM that I downloaded is an .exe file. How do I go about removing the SPL.nbh file since it doesn't display folder contents or anything, just runs the RUU?

Sorry for the double post, I realized I was in the wrong forum

ttran001

Jun 17, 2007
I have been searching all over for this but it's probaly right in front of my face. I read that you need to get rid of SPL.nbh from official ROMS before flashing back with HardSPL. The problem is, the official T-Mobile Wing ROM that I downloaded is an .exe file. How do I go about removing the SPL.nbh file since it doesn't display folder contents or anything, just runs the RUU?

Sorry for the double post, I realized I was in the wrong forum

I'm uploading a zip file which will have the entire thing already to go.

Just flash your device as you would with any other rom.

Hang tight the link will be available within 10 mins.

flipside123

Aug 17, 2008
One more question. I'm looking to keep HardSPL but I have to revert to original to upgrade ROMS don't I? I want to upgrade to your OT 6.5 ROM:)

ttran001

Jun 17, 2007
One more question. I'm looking to keep HardSPL but I have to revert to original to upgrade ROMS don't I? I want to upgrade to your OT 6.5 ROM:)

Okay,

I thought you wanted to go back to the original T-Mobile rom.

If your trying to HARD-SPL your device to install one of my roms or another cooks roms then thats another story.

Please read my FAQ or one of the stickies.

flipside123

Aug 17, 2008
Ok, I think I got it now. So I don't need to revert to the original ROM to flash it since I have HardSPL? Thanks for the help

angest90

Sep 13, 2008
wen i did this i think i bricked my fone now its at the tmobile screen and it jus staying there

trav2001

Sep 28, 2008
I tried the file that you uploaded here...And it went thru the whole process of flashing the ROM, but after it updated my wing just stays on the T-Mobiel screen and never boots past that.

It had that open touch software on it and I don't want open touch. I want plan old WM 6.0 on there.

I called T-Mobile and got an offical 6.0 update from them, but when I try that one it gets to 1% then says it has a disconneted and I get a connection error.

apathetic

Nov 10, 2008
Inglis, Florida
Done:

Remove HARD-SPL On The Wing

This is the same tool used to flash your device when it was not HARD-SPL.
I replaced the RUU_Signed file and SPL.nh file already.

It will bring your wing back to the stanard rom as when you first got it.

So does this work? The two people who did this had problems. I need the phone to be all stock so I can have t-mobile send a free replacement because the screen is going on this wing.

***EDIT:*** Oka so this is the same as http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=364543&page=2 the first time I tried it it froze at 15% on step 2 so I installed the RAPI CAB like it says. Step two completed, phone rebooted and had white screen then I got error 260 I think. I have the stock t-mobile rom on it and had it on before I did this but it still has the yang from when I did a hard spl. Is there another way to get it to stock or am I doing something wrong? Plug in phone, let it sync, run herald-uspl.exe hit enter and so forth.

***EDIT*** Ok so this time it completed but is now stuck at the T-Mobile screen and I am now unable to even flash because I can't get past it :( And that damn yang still shows up in bootloader. Well went into bootloader and flashed from there so phone works but the damn yang is still there. And on a side note: Has anyone ever had a problem with their screen going very dark after flashing a rom from here? Phone was fine then I flashed OTP v7.4 TouchFlo 2D Lite.nbh yesterday and at night screen started going dark, would light up when opened in keyboard mode, then switched and then both were very dark and hard to see. I then flashed to OTP v7.3.1 TouchFlo 2D Final.nbh and still dark. Then I flashed to stock rom and have been able to see the screen since.

Last edited:

apathetic

Nov 10, 2008
Inglis, Florida
This is stupid easy to do... im shocked there isnt a post going into detail.
5 steps to going back.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2998657&postcount=4
Did not work. Do I need to install the cab files again? I know I deleted a file out of the stock rom so it would not overwrite or verify or something but I put that file back, should I not have? This has been a few weeks and still can't get the yang off. Screen on my girls phone is almost dead, she can't even slide it any more so I need to fix the spl so I can send back to t-mobile....anyone ?

Smoke362

Aug 8, 2008
Kansas City, MO
this is what i do to get back to the tmobile orginal. download the software from tmobile. I downloaded the newest update from tmobile site. REMOVE YOUR SD CARD. Connected my phone via usb. Launched the update. It has never failed me yet. It is just like updating your phone. tmobile has to take it, it is their update. They sent me a new phone noproblem, matter of fact i have to do it again, the back on the phone keeps getting loose on me. so they are sending me another phone again. hope this helps.

moon47usaco

Jan 1, 2009
Alternatively you can use the combination of uspl and stock rom ruu to return your device to stock tmobile rom...

1. Enter in to uspl like you were falshing one of ttran001 roms... You can get this HERALD-USPL-beta3 from http://rapidshare.com/files/79249048/Flash_Center.rar

2. ONLY use steps 1 and 2 from the black screen (getting the white screen on your device)...

3. For step 3 in the flasher exit out of the black screen (windows cmd screen) by pressing ctrl+C...

4. Fire up the official ruu from tmobile found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=358030 or alternatively if you have a tmobile account still active you can get the most up to date rom from http://www.t-mobile.com/wmupgrade/

5. Fallow on screen instructions...

6. Back to stock rom...

jhemzz

Sep 14, 2004
manila
www.yahoo.com
Brick dopod C858

Done:

Remove HARD-SPL On The Wing

This is the same tool used to flash your device when it was not HARD-SPL.
I replaced the RUU_Signed file and SPL.nh file already.

It will bring your wing back to the stanard rom as when you first got it.

Hello freind,

I have been downloaded the above "Remove_HARD-SPL_On_The_Wing.rar" files and flash it to my Dopod C858 which has the Chiness language, I suppose to change the language from chinesse to Englis, After flashing the above files, now the phone is only in bootloader mode.
If you start the phone it will stuck on white screen and turn off.

Please help me how to revive my phone back.

Thanks and best regards

Jhemzz

QwErTy1235

Mar 6, 2009
Brooklyn
Hey I'm having the same problem as most of these guys who tried the file. The phone just idles on the white Tmobile screen... does anyone know what to do or how to help?

Please and thank you!

pandeypankaj

May 29, 2010
Remove Hard SPL from bootloader

Hi,

Anyone out there knows if we can remove hardspl from bootloader of Wing. Problem is my mobile displays splash screen, then switch offs by itself. Its been quite some time that I have hardspled it and have been using it. But recently I am facing this issue, so I am trying to move to original RUU and try if it works.

So for that anyone knows if we can remove hardspl from bootloader, because I am only able to enter bootloader. Moreover I tried several original roms from Flash Center as well as through SD card as well, but still be SPL version is 4.70.yang. Anyone knows any other alternative.

Also, if anyone has faced similar problem then kindly advice how you resolved.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Pankaj