[Resolved] HANNSpree HSG1279 root and recovery!!! [Updated 01/28/14]

Search This thread

Omegadrive

Sep 26, 2012
Vega Baja
omegadrivers.net
Updated OP with solution, many thanks to @fipsy for the final solution, here is his post for those that need help rooting this device: (UPDATE: Root for 4.2.2 at the end of the post)
Last week I investigated a lot of days to solve the problem: (I'm sorry for not being able to post working links in this forum because I didn't write enough here. :( So you have to reconstruct my links yourself into your browser)

As omegadrive supposed you just have to exchange the su binary, give the right permissions and the Superuser App from the Playstore will immediately work.

The necessary USB drivers for the device are found here: http://yadi.sk/d/54lX5c2O386XU

They only work with Windows 7!

After starting the "adb shell" you can gain root permissions on the device by typing "su". The su distributed with the device in /system/xbin is not compatible with common superuser apks. So it has to be exchanged with the version 3.1.1 binary: http://downloads.androidsu.com/superuser/su-bin-3.1.1-arm-signed.zip

Copy it to your /sdcard. Then continue with adb shell:

Code:
$ su
# cd /system/xbin

Mount the system partition read/write:

Code:
# mount -o remount,rw -t rfs /dev/block/st19 /system

Rename the original binary for later use (if something fails):

Code:
# mv su su-orig

Copy the binary to the xbin folder:

Code:
# busybox cp /sdcard/su ./su

Change the permissions:

Code:
# chmod 6755 su

Mount the system partition read-only and exit:

Code:
# mount -o remount,ro -t rfs /dev/block/st19 /system
# exit
$ exit

Now install the Superuser App from the Playstore - and have fun! Do *NOT* Update the su binary from within the Superuser App or it will be overwritten with a non-working version!

Cheers, Volker

CUSTOM RECOVERY FINALLY POSSIBLE!!! Again, many thanks to @fipsy, here is his post:
I finally made it! :laugh: Here is a working CWM Recovery for the HANNspree HANNSpad SN1AT71 (HSG1279).

I didn't fully test it but the backup function works. Also mounting and unmounting partitions works as well as the adb shell which is very important if the device is bricked and doesn't boot anymore.
Before connecting to the device via adb shell it is necessary to mount the /system partition (menu "mounts and storage") because otherwise /system/bin/sh cannot be found by adb shell.

The CWM recovery by default stores it's backups on the external SD-Card. The benefit is that the backup can easily be plugged out and stored apart from the device. But the recovery is also able to restore backups from the internal sdcard. Those backups can be made online on a running android system by using apps like "Online Nandroid Backup" and "Nandroid Manager". The benefit is that it's not necessary to reboot the device before backing up and you can keep on working.

There is one problem when creating backups in CWM Recovery: The date/time of the backup is always set to 1st of January 1970 due to a missing backup battery in this device. Look here: http://tau.shadowchild.nl/attn1/?p=341. So if you want to make backups with accurate timestamps you would have to set the actual time of the device using adb shell: Start adb shell and enter:

Code:
/system/xbin/busybox date -s "YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss"

before making the backup.

To cut a long story short: Download the CWM-Recovery here: http://yadi.sk/d/ArprqzfFFWvy4 and flash it to your (rooted) device. How to do this:

• Copy the file cwm-recovery.ima to your internal sdcard.
  • Either connect via adb shell and enter su
  • or run a Terminal Emulator and enter su
  • then enter
    Code:
    cat /sdcard/cwm-recovery.ima > /dev/block/acta
and you're done! Have fun! Comments are appreciated!
Perhaps someone likes to create an update.zip from it?

Edit (01/28/2014): There is a new version 6.0.3.3. Look here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49835135&postcount=283
Edit (05/04/2014): There is a new version 6.0.3.3.a. Look here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52416205&postcount=492

ROOT for new OTA 4.2.2 update:
Good news for germany: The rollout began tonight! I just got the update to Android 4.2.2! :laugh:

Some people asked for the upgrade file to manually update from the recovery. Here it is: http://yadi.sk/d/igsBGsAjFpLsL
Edit (01/13/2014): Seems this update only works on devices with special G-Sensor hardware (KIONIX 3-axis Accelerometer).

@ig6677: There you will also find the META-INF you wanted.

For your information: After my update to Android 4.2.2 root has gone on my device! I expected this. All Apps that need root don't work anymore. I don't know what you did that root was still there after the update...

Furthermore in /system/xbin there is no su file anymore. Also my CWM Recovery has gone and was replaced by the Stock HANNspree recovery!

But whats new: If you connect to the device via adb shell you immediately have superuser rights! No su is needed for this anymore. So it's possible to restore the CWM Recovery using cat.

If you adb push the 3.1.1 su binary from your pc to the /sdcard on your device and after this execute my commands in the first posting of this thread the apps have su rights with superuser.apk again. But you will not be able to add new programs to the superuser app (if a new app requests superuser rights there is no popup). So this is no solution.

The Superuser App is not able to grant superuser rights on android systems > 4.1.1, but the App SuperSu is! So download the SuperSU ZIP from here: http://download.chainfire.eu/351/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip

Then copy it to your sdcard and install it using the Recovery. Voila! Everything works again!

Another issue: The Huawei E1750 Surfstick is not detected anymore. On 4.1.1 it was no problem to surf using this stick. But I think this is one of the "great features" of the new android versions...

New recovery version!
:victory: Here it is: The new version 6.0.3.3 of CWM Recovery for the HANNspree HANNSpad SN1AT71 (HSG1279)

Beside some minor bugfixes the main benefit of this release is that there are no more errors when trying to restore the .android_secure folder. So the "dirty" workaround to restore this folder is not necessary anymore.

The .android_secure folder is also automatically restored together with the data partition when selecting "data" from the "advanced restore" options.

http://yadi.sk/d/OmsYk6TIGsBsB

Information on how to install you will find here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49166546&postcount=133

Cheers, Volker

My original question:
Just bought this tablet on Cybermonday for a really good price, but can't find a way to root it for the life of me...
Main problem has been I can't see it using ADB (v1.0.31), always list no devices even with the latest generic Google ADB driver, which shows fine on device manager.
Tablet comes with Android 4.1.1 and no extras, is just a plain version of android with Play market and ES File Explorer pre installed and have access to android stock recovery.

Any ideas?

Also, just in case I start messing with the tablet, Any way I can backup the stock system just in case?

Thanks.

Update:
More info on the tablet...
Model name: SN1AT71
Hardware (According to CPU-Z): gs702a
Board: full_gs702a

Last edited:

foszuled

Apr 14, 2011
West Warwick
If you saved the original recovery as an image file (e.g. orig-recovery.img) you can restore it to the recovery partition by just entering

Code:
cat orig-recovery.img > /dev/block/acta
in superuser mode.

Ok someone gave me a link to a recovery I don't know if it's an original or not. But if I were to try to use what you said where would I put the image file? And when I downloaded the file it's name was recovery.ima do I rename it to recovery.img? Thanks for any help you can give

fipsy

Feb 6, 2013
Hannover, Germany
Ok someone gave me a link to a recovery I don't know if it's an original or not. But if I were to try to use what you said where would I put the image file? And when I downloaded the file it's name was recovery.ima do I rename it to recovery.img? Thanks for any help you can give
(All commands executed with superuser rights [su])
First save your original recovery with:
Code:
cat /dev/block/acta > /sdcard/orig-recovery.img
Then copy your test-recovery to the sdcard (the name may be 'new-recovery.img' or whatever you want - the filename is irrelevant).
Now move the test-recovery to the recovery partition:
Code:
cat /sdcard/new-recovery.img > /dev/block/acta
Now you may test it by turning the device off. Then holding down 'Vol -' and pressing the power-button for 2 seconds and releasing it while keep holding down the 'Vol -' until the recovery starts (or doesn't if it isn't suitable for this device) ;). It may take 10-20 seconds until the recovery starts.

If you want to restore the original recovery, just enter:
Code:
cat /sdcard/orig-recovery.img > /dev/block/acta

Last edited:

foszuled

Apr 14, 2011
West Warwick
First save your original recovery with
Code:
cat /dev/block/acta > /sdcard/orig-recovery.img
Then copy your test-recovery to the sdcard (the name may be 'new-recovery.img').
Now move the test-recovery to the recovery partition:
Code:
cat /sdcard/new-recovery.img > /dev/block/acta
Now you may test it by turning the device off. Then holding down 'Vol -' and pressing the power-button for 2 seconds while keep holding down the 'Vol -' until the recovery starts (or doesn't if it isn't suitable for this device) ;). It may take 10-20 seconds until the recovery starts.

If you want to restore the original recovery, just enter:
Code:
cat /sdcard/orig-recovery.img > /dev/block/acta

Well that's the thing I didn't save my original recovery before I flashed a cwm recovery it boots into recovery but it can't mount any folders so it can't flash any zips it can't do anything so I wanted to somehow restore or flash the stock one back I asked on here if anyone backed up the original one someone posted a link to one I'm assuming it's an original but I'm not sure could I place that recovery to where the device would have backed up my original if I did back it up and then use your method to restore it? I just don't know where to put the recovery.img file? So basically right now I'm stuck with a cwm recovery that doesn't work and no idea how to restore the original cuz I didn't know how to back it up... a factory reset in the android os wouldn't restore it would it it would just reset the system and data right?

fipsy

Feb 6, 2013
Hannover, Germany
Well that's the thing I didn't save my original recovery
I already answered your question here (didn't you see it?): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48739153&postcount=87 and uploaded the original image file for you.

You can always flash a recovery manually from adb shell with the commands I gave above. You don't need to have a zip for that. Just a recovery image on your sdcard.

could I place that recovery to where the device would have backed up my original if I did back it up and then use your method to restore it?
Yes :cyclops: You can place it anywhere you want. But I would place it on the sdcard because there is enough room for it. ;)

a factory reset in the android os wouldn't restore it would it it would just reset the system and data right?
Yes

Last edited:

foszuled

Apr 14, 2011
West Warwick
I already answered your question here (didn't you see it?): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48739153&postcount=87 and uploaded the original image file for you.

You can always flash a recovery manually from adb shell with the commands I gave above. You don't need to have a zip for that. Just a recovery image on your sdcard.

Yes :cyclops: You can place it anywhere you want. But I would place it on the sdcard because there is enough room for it. ;)

Yes

Sorry you are were I downloaded the recovery.img from sorry I'm just not good at all with the adb shell stuff or adb at all thank you for all your help I'm gonna try it in a few mins and let you know how it worked out thanks

fipsy

Feb 6, 2013
Hannover, Germany
I'm just not good at all with the adb shell stuff or adb at all thank you for all your help I'm gonna try it in a few mins and let you know how it worked out thanks
Practice makes perfect. ;)
If you are able to access your device from your pc via adb shell you just have to enter "su" and then the commands I stated above.

Perhaps you first try to restore the original recovery. And if this works you may experimentalize to your heart's content...

Last edited:

ou2mame

Oct 17, 2008
Lenovo Legion Y700
outmame, I wasn't even able to get pimpmyrom to run.
Are you rooted? I ran it on mine and my gf's tablet and it worked fine. As for price, we got them on ebay. I don't know how germany works, but I had no problem explaining that the manufacturer falsely advertised the tablet. I guess German companies stand behind the manufacturers.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

foszuled

Apr 14, 2011
West Warwick
Practice makes perfect. ;)
If you are able to access your device from your pc via adb shell you just have to enter "su" and then the commands I stated above.

Perhaps you first try to restore the original recovery. And if this works you may experimentalize to your heart's content...

Hey thanks allot got the original recovery back worked like a charm!! Now only if I can get a custom recovery that actually works..

Bluze

Dec 10, 2013
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Yeah, it's rooted, and I can mount RW. When I tried to run pimpmyrom it gave me a black screen and just kind of hung there. I didn't have a lot of time though, I'll play with it some more tonight and see.

Are you rooted? I ran it on mine and my gf's tablet and it worked fine. As for price, we got them on ebay. I don't know how germany works, but I had no problem explaining that the manufacturer falsely advertised the tablet. I guess German companies stand behind the manufacturers.

ou2mame

Oct 17, 2008
Lenovo Legion Y700
That's weird. Maybe they updated it and it doesn't work? I didn't do anything special, all I did was install it lol.. There are other tools to do the same thing i'm sure, I just chose that one cause I've used it before.

Bluze

Dec 10, 2013
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Morning ou2mame. I tried it again last night and still just got the black screen. I let it go and eventually it popped up a message saying it wasn't responding. So I'm not sure what's going on. I'll try to look around for something else. I have Clean Sweep, but I've never been to happy with it on my other rooted devices. Any recommendations?

That's weird. Maybe they updated it and it doesn't work? I didn't do anything special, all I did was install it lol.. There are other tools to do the same thing i'm sure, I just chose that one cause I've used it before.

fipsy

Feb 6, 2013
Hannover, Germany
Clearly, what would be the actions to be taken to build a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP)?
For CWM there is an online recovery builder but I didn't get it to work. But I also didn't spend so much time on it: http://builder.clockworkmod.com/
This may also help: http://xda-university.com/as-a-developer/porting-clockworkmod-recovery-to-a-new-device

Are there risks implied by the needed tests?
If you first make a backup of your original recovery und just overwrite the recovery-partition (/dev/block/acta) there are no risks.

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Out of interest might this happen to be the same device inside? As I am looking to root it?
I think rooting will work on this device the same way. So if you just want to root it I suppose my method will work. But not a recovery.
The problem with the recovery is that there are a lot of devices that are nearly identical concerning the hardware (like the "Ainol Novo 10 Hero") but they have different file system tables and mounts what makes foreign recoveries unusable. :crying:

Last edited:

JimboJoe

Oct 21, 2007
For CWM there is an online recovery builder but I didn't get it to work. But I also didn't spend so much time on it: http://builder.clockworkmod.com/
This may also help: http://xda-university.com/as-a-developer/porting-clockworkmod-recovery-to-a-new-device
Thanks. So basically you tried the online CWM builder, providing a dump of the original recovery and leaving default parameters? What was the problem?
As another alternative, the guide for TWRP is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=32965365

fipsy

Feb 6, 2013
Hannover, Germany
Thanks. So basically you tried the online CWM builder, providing a dump of the original recovery and leaving default parameters? What was the problem?
The build-procedure stopped after some minutes with an error.
The problem is that the original recovery probably cannot be read because it may have a proprietary filesystem. The filesystem of the recovery partition (/dev/block/acta) is vfat and hence can be opened with every tool like WinImage. But within this filesystem there is another recovery image called "recovery.img". Look here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48471832&postcount=37. I wasn't able to open this image. It's neither vfat nor ext2 nor ext4. If we were able to open it probably it would be no problem to create a custom recovery.

Last edited:

xxBenJamminxx

Jul 4, 2010
Does anyone know where could get a copy of the stock Hannspree Rom to install as a ZIP from the sd card? Got one for our 4yr old daughter and after she went to take a picture it said "cannot connect to the camera." So I went to restart it and it shut down but will not power back on at all. You can see the backlight on the screen come but it just remains black. I can enter the stock recovery so I tried wiping the Cache first, then went on to try full data wipe/factory reset with not progress.

If anyone has any ideas that would great as Id like to get this going again for her.

Should add hers is the HANNSpad SN1AT71B.

fipsy

Feb 6, 2013
Hannover, Germany
I can enter the stock recovery so I tried wiping the Cache first, then went on to try full data wipe/factory reset with not progress.
Sounds quite weird. Especially because the HANNspree logo doesn't appear after turning on the device. This means that even the bootloader doesn't start. If you also cannot restore the system from the recovery maybe there is a technical problem with the memory?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWM-Recovery for the HANNspree HANNSpad SN1AT71 (HSG1279)

I finally made it! :laugh: Here is a working CWM Recovery for the HANNspree HANNSpad SN1AT71 (HSG1279).

I didn't fully test it but the backup function works. Also mounting and unmounting partitions works as well as the adb shell which is very important if the device is bricked and doesn't boot anymore.
    Before connecting to the device via adb shell it is necessary to mount the /system partition (menu "mounts and storage") because otherwise /system/bin/sh cannot be found by adb shell.

The CWM recovery by default stores it's backups on the external SD-Card. The benefit is that the backup can easily be plugged out and stored apart from the device. But the recovery is also able to restore backups from the internal sdcard. Those backups can be made online on a running android system by using apps like "Online Nandroid Backup" and "Nandroid Manager". The benefit is that it's not necessary to reboot the device before backing up and you can keep on working.

There is one problem when creating backups in CWM Recovery: The date/time of the backup is always set to 1st of January 1970 due to a missing backup battery in this device. Look here: http://tau.shadowchild.nl/attn1/?p=341. So if you want to make backups with accurate timestamps you would have to set the actual time of the device using adb shell: Start adb shell and enter:

Code:

To cut a long story short: Download the CWM-Recovery here: http://yadi.sk/d/ArprqzfFFWvy4 and flash it to your (rooted) device. How to do this:

• then enter
      Code:

Edit (01/28/2014): There is a new version 6.0.3.3. Look here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49835135&postcount=283
    Edit (05/04/2014): There is a new version 6.0.3.3.a. Look here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52416205&postcount=492
    New CWM Recovery v6.0.3.3

:victory: Here it is: The new version 6.0.3.3 of CWM Recovery for the HANNspree HANNSpad SN1AT71 (HSG1279)

Beside some minor bugfixes the main benefit of this release is that there are no more errors when trying to restore the .android_secure folder. So the "dirty" workaround to restore this folder is not necessary anymore.

The .android_secure folder is also automatically restored together with the data partition when selecting "data" from the "advanced restore" options.

Information on how to install you will find here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49166546&postcount=133

Cheers, Volker

BTW: Thank you wyelkins and Sparkrite for the comments! Following your suggestions I still omitted the sd-ext option which could have been used for the sdcard-backup.
    Updated OP with solution, many thanks to @fipsy for the final solution, here is his post for those that need help rooting this device: (UPDATE: Root for 4.2.2 at the end of the post)
    Last week I investigated a lot of days to solve the problem: (I'm sorry for not being able to post working links in this forum because I didn't write enough here. :( So you have to reconstruct my links yourself into your browser)

As omegadrive supposed you just have to exchange the su binary, give the right permissions and the Superuser App from the Playstore will immediately work.

The necessary USB drivers for the device are found here: http://yadi.sk/d/54lX5c2O386XU

They only work with Windows 7!

After starting the "adb shell" you can gain root permissions on the device by typing "su". The su distributed with the device in /system/xbin is not compatible with common superuser apks. So it has to be exchanged with the version 3.1.1 binary: http://downloads.androidsu.com/superuser/su-bin-3.1.1-arm-signed.zip

Copy it to your /sdcard. Then continue with adb shell:

Code:
    $ su
    # cd /system/xbin

Mount the system partition read/write:

Code:
    # mount -o remount,rw -t rfs /dev/block/st19 /system

Rename the original binary for later use (if something fails):

Code:
    # mv su su-orig

Copy the binary to the xbin folder:

Code:
    # busybox cp /sdcard/su ./su

Change the permissions:

Code:
    # chmod 6755 su

Mount the system partition read-only and exit:

Code:
    # mount -o remount,ro -t rfs /dev/block/st19 /system
    # exit
    $ exit

Now install the Superuser App from the Playstore - and have fun! Do *NOT* Update the su binary from within the Superuser App or it will be overwritten with a non-working version!

Cheers, Volker

CUSTOM RECOVERY FINALLY POSSIBLE!!! Again, many thanks to @fipsy, here is his post:

Code:

• then enter
      Code:

ROOT for new OTA 4.2.2 update:
    Good news for germany: The rollout began tonight! I just got the update to Android 4.2.2! :laugh:

Some people asked for the upgrade file to manually update from the recovery. Here it is: http://yadi.sk/d/igsBGsAjFpLsL
    Edit (01/13/2014): Seems this update only works on devices with special G-Sensor hardware (KIONIX 3-axis Accelerometer).

@ig6677: There you will also find the META-INF you wanted.

For your information: After my update to Android 4.2.2 root has gone on my device! I expected this. All Apps that need root don't work anymore. I don't know what you did that root was still there after the update...

Furthermore in /system/xbin there is no su file anymore. Also my CWM Recovery has gone and was replaced by the Stock HANNspree recovery!

But whats new: If you connect to the device via adb shell you immediately have superuser rights! No su is needed for this anymore. So it's possible to restore the CWM Recovery using cat.

If you adb push the 3.1.1 su binary from your pc to the /sdcard on your device and after this execute my commands in the first posting of this thread the apps have su rights with superuser.apk again. But you will not be able to add new programs to the superuser app (if a new app requests superuser rights there is no popup). So this is no solution.

The Superuser App is not able to grant superuser rights on android systems > 4.1.1, but the App SuperSu is! So download the SuperSU ZIP from here: http://download.chainfire.eu/351/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip

Then copy it to your sdcard and install it using the Recovery. Voila! Everything works again!

Another issue: The Huawei E1750 Surfstick is not detected anymore. On 4.1.1 it was no problem to surf using this stick. But I think this is one of the "great features" of the new android versions...

New recovery version!

Cheers, Volker

My original question:
    Just bought this tablet on Cybermonday for a really good price, but can't find a way to root it for the life of me...
    Main problem has been I can't see it using ADB (v1.0.31), always list no devices even with the latest generic Google ADB driver, which shows fine on device manager.
    Tablet comes with Android 4.1.1 and no extras, is just a plain version of android with Play market and ES File Explorer pre installed and have access to android stock recovery.

Any ideas?

Also, just in case I start messing with the tablet, Any way I can backup the stock system just in case?

Thanks.

Update:
    More info on the tablet...
    Model name: SN1AT71
    Hardware (According to CPU-Z): gs702a
    Board: full_gs702a
    I have had the best luck with AOKP for a daily driver on this tablet. CM10 seemed to lag more than the stock ROM, and had some stability issues as well IIRC. Recommend you start reading on page 86 of this thread and read it through, don't just skim it.

What ever you do to this tablet, it will always be a work mule, never a thoroughbred.
    Thanks for your reply, kevinthefixer. I have read this thread more throughly. Because things can be confusing and it's hard to gather all relevant information, I have created a small step-by-step guide how to replace stock ROM with Cyanogenmod 10.1. Here it is:

1. Download BNMGUYs_CWM_based_recovery_v6.0.3.3_for_ATM7029_portable_[cxz].zip (see http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/107...e-versions-of-custom-recoveries-cwm-and-twrp/) and copy the zip file to a microSD card.
    2. Create a folder called clockworkmod on the microSD card with a backup folder inside that folder.
    3. Download CM10.1_Hannspad_T71.zip (see http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=58325450&postcount=854) and extract the folder CM10.1_Hannspad_T71 to clockwordmod/backup/ on the microSD card.
    4. Insert the microSD card in your tablet (tablet turned off).
    5. Press Vol- + Power button to boot the recovery system.
    6. Select "apply update from sdcard", then sd-ext and then BNMGUYs_CWM_based_recovery_v6.0.3.3_for_ATM7029_portable_[cxz].zip. This will boot CWM once without replacing the recovery partition.
    7. In CWM select "wipe data/factory reset" and confirm with Yes.
    8. After wiping the tablet select "backup and restore", then "restore" and "CM10.1_Hannspad_T71" and confirm with Yes.
    9. Done. Reboot.

CM 10.1 runs pretty smooth on my tablet, definitely better than stock ROM. Maybe I will try AOKP later, but I am already fairly satisfied.

Thank you very much Christian Troy, steve30x, CXZa and everybody else who contributed to the creation of custom ROMs for this tablet!
    Hey great news guys. Got a CM 10.2 ROM working like a charm on this thing fast too puts the buggy 4.2.2 stock ROM to shame.
    Does have a few issues but its a great start.
    Follow the steps on this thread except step 1 if you already have fipsy's excellent CWM 6.0.3.3

All credit goes to the people who made this possible with their hard work like Christian Troy

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/102857-compatibility-zip-maker-and-cwm-recovery-maker/#entry1173257