Home singal booster

Search This thread

evoflorida

Jul 2, 2010
your comments are wanted. thanks

"boosting signal up to 1200 sq. ft. or up to 40 feet from the unit. "
"Sprint or MetroPCS"

http://www.wi-ex.com/YX400-P.aspx

if i had a 12 volt converter for my truck. i would use it as a mobile booster too.

i might order one it these and get it a try at home and mobile.

evoflorida

Jul 2, 2010
so no body here has a home booster?
i'm ordering this to today and a car voltage converter. i'll post something in a week.

Samzebian

May 22, 2010
Westfield
I have the Z-Boost YX500-CEL, bought it a few years back. kinda worked on AT&T, idk why but doesn't help on sprint at all. Maybe I set it up for GSM?

-ooops posted that I bought the yx500-cel, but I actually just checked it and it's a YX510, compatible with GSM or CDMA.

Last edited:

Sirchuk

Jul 12, 2009
For the price, why not just pick up an Airave? It works with your home WiFi connection to give you 100% signal around your home. For I think $5 a month, you can also make unlimited calls while your at home through the Airave. It's Sprint only, and only from a Sprint store, but it's a heck of a lot cheaper.

I would rather go that route ($100+$5/month for 2 years is still less than $250.)

evoflorida

Jul 2, 2010
Sirchuk - here's what i found

Pricing
Sprint AIRAVE Base Station - $99.99/each (requires activation at time of purchase and subscription to an AIRAVE plan. Excludes taxes.)
AIRAVE Enhanced Coverage Charge - $4.99/mo. (required per AIRAVE unit)**
Single Line Unlimited Calling Plan (optional) - $10/mo. per account**
Multi-Line (multiple phones sharing minutes on one account) Unlimited Calling Plan (optional) - $20/mo. per account**

Sirchuk

Jul 12, 2009
Sirchuk - here's what i found

Pricing
Sprint AIRAVE Base Station - $99.99/each (requires activation at time of purchase and subscription to an AIRAVE plan. Excludes taxes.)
AIRAVE Enhanced Coverage Charge - $4.99/mo. (required per AIRAVE unit)**
Single Line Unlimited Calling Plan (optional) - $10/mo. per account**
Multi-Line (multiple phones sharing minutes on one account) Unlimited Calling Plan (optional) - $20/mo. per account**

Ahh, okay, so it's an extra $5 a month just to use. I would probably pay the $10 for unlimited talk in the home as well, so for the extra $150 you spend on the device you can get unlimited talk from home for 10 months.

Also, I've heard that if you go into your local store and talk about how bad your service is at home, they will sometimes either give you the airave for free or wave the $5 monthly fee. It's worth a shot!

dwertz

Aug 22, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
I have the Airave but I paid $99 and they comp me the $5 per month so I get for free.

I would say that antenna would be nice in a car with a AC converter. Hopefully less dropped calls in specific dead spots.

kwajr

May 26, 2008
lynchburg va
On the airave note
It just doesn't work everywhere the gave me one for free in bc but moved to va and it don't work

Sent from my Evo on on the Now network from Sprint

oh and duck Apple

illmaticone

Mar 24, 2007
i got the airave completely free and monthly fee credited.

i would try that first since its no out of pocket expensive and im sure ull be happy with the results.

foxgrey

Jun 25, 2010
I've posted this on the actaul sprint forums, all the good that did me :mad:

I have terrible reception in only one place that I use my phone. My house. I called sprint went through the run around and they determined that the only thing that would help is the airwave unit. The person on the phone started to offer it to me for free, then decided that since I am a new customer they will not send me one. Instead I have to pay for it.

That in on itself isn't terrible, except that its really stupid I have to pay extra a month to use my current broadband, a service that I already pay for, to be able to make use of my cell plan that I already pay for.

Anyway, way to go sprint. Driving away new customers before I pay for this ridiculous data plan. :rolleyes: