[Q] Spare part : sim reader

Search This thread

cadumg

Mar 19, 2011
Next time you see it, can you check if they have a on-line store or get an e-mail that I can reach then and try to ship it to me ? Thanks

shockem

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2010
Singapore
I just got mine spoiled after returning from a holiday:( I've tried putting the copper thing back in place and slotting it back but it doesn't work. Now i have to wait till tomorrow to call Samsung support in hope that they will fix it if i pay money because my device has no warranty because it is from Australia and i'm using it in Singapore. Will they accept it to fix it if i pay for the repair?

And can anyone who used aluminium foil or anything to make it work post photos or videos on how to do it? I have no experience in soldering and stuff (15 years old) and i dont know how much foil to put there. Please help me! :(

Last edited:

Skirmishcs

Dec 5, 2011
I too have the same thing happened sorry for my English
days ago I bought a galaxy's i9000 used by a private
and I realized I was missing a player sim pin so it does not read any sim card
this phone is not under warranty and is now in service in Italy I would like to know what you think I can spend to repair this damage? and how long should I expect in a service center samsung Italian?
Thanks for your attention

shockem

Sep 10, 2010
Singapore
I too have the same thing happened sorry for my English
days ago I bought a galaxy's i9000 used by a private
and I realized I was missing a player sim pin so it does not read any sim card
this phone is not under warranty and is now in service in Italy I would like to know what you think I can spend to repair this damage? and how long should I expect in a service center samsung Italian?
Thanks for your attention

Hmm, i ended up sending mine to the service centre as well. Took a week, a whole week. It was about a total of $50 SGD. $30 for the enquiry and $20 for the replacement. Good luck!

Reactions: Skirmishcs

shockem

Sep 10, 2010
Singapore
what work have they done exactly?
now it works well?
Perhaps here in Italy are slower

I'm in Singapore and i doubt the service depends on countries because it is just a service centre. They opened up the phone and they took out the sim card reader circuit board and ordered a new one. Then they put the new one in place and gave it back to me.

It works perfectly now. Also there wont be anything to worry about. Its just the sim card reader. its not really deeply embeded. I'd suggest you send it to the service centre. Good luck!

Skirmishcs

Dec 5, 2011
we hope to be fast to me the phone is already in service from 5 days
I will keep up to date I have been very helpful
thanks

NXUSER

Nov 23, 2010
Sim Card Disaster!

Yeah I've had the same issue with the micro sim card pulling out the pins on my sim slot.

Was wondering if anyone did eventually post screen shots of the aluminium strip on the sim card method?

Or of a way to solder pins back on!?

Cos that would be fantastic and really help me try and make use of my nexus s rather than the attractive wifi enabled paper weight it has become!

Cheers!

shockem

Sep 10, 2010
Singapore
Yeah I've had the same issue with the micro sim card pulling out the pins on my sim slot.

Was wondering if anyone did eventually post screen shots of the aluminium strip on the sim card method?

Or of a way to solder pins back on!?

Cos that would be fantastic and really help me try and make use of my nexus s rather than the attractive wifi enabled paper weight it has become!

Cheers!

You should just send it to samsung. Like i did. Don't screw it up further:)

NXUSER

Nov 23, 2010
Cheers mate but I've just checked and it's out of warranty. I could do with a method of fixing this myself if anyone has any other ideas! Several of the ins have broken off (I really regret using that micro sim adapt now)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will try to buy any sim tray and replace on my board.

Here is a picture of my board (I really screwed it removing the sim tray). My doubt is, in the board, it has only the 3+3 pins ? Because in the sides (in yellow arrows) the sim tray was fixed to the board. My doubt is, there is a circuit track in there or they are just to fix the sim tray to the board (with some kind of glue) ?

I tired of globaldirectparts too... but worse than that is Samsung that hasn't the replacement part...

the sim only requires the 3*3 solder pins
    September 1, 2012 UPDATE

*WARNING* DON'T USE MICRO SIMS WITH SIM ADAPTERS! THIS CAN AND WILL HAPPEN TO YOU TOO!

Just happened to me as i removed my micro sim with sim adapter. Broke one of the pins off.

Got threw reading the whole thread. Tried the tin-foil trick and it works! Get a small little piece of tin-foil about the size of the missing pin and place it over the missing pin contact point and put the sim card in and it should pick up signal again! If it doesn't maybe the foil moved while sliding the sim card in. Try again.

This is a temporary fix and should be used just to get you by for a while.

I found the replacement part here and placed my order. It will be coming from China, so its good to use the tinfoil trick while you wait for the part to arrive in the mail.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190710339483?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:BIN&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2650

Found this easy dissasembly guide here. Use this to replace the sim tray once it arrives.

http://youtu.be/dYB5wiFFIno

Requires a philips screw driver and about 10 minutes of time. Pretty easy DIY Repair. Costs about 25-30$
    Do you know how do I do it ? I know how to solder/desolder, but I don't know exactly what should I do.

Here is a picture of the Galaxy S Sim Tray. Should I desolder this points marked by the red arrow (and off course in the oposite side) and sold it to the Nexus S board ? Is the sim tray just fixed by this solded points ?
    Ok guys, i too have broken 1 pin from the sim tray, and i got some tin foil and placed it where the missing pin was and slid my sim card in and it worked. If it works for you please reply. if you need a picture please reply.
    I dont have 8 posts so i cant link you to the picture... so if you go to my albums the picture will be there!