Testing Nand ics builds

Search This thread

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
Hi everyone - So arrrrgh somehow convinced me to work on rhod a bit and I need help testing.
I have an initial cooked build of ice cream sandwich version 4.0.1 based off the dream/saphire build ready to be tried out. I need testers with adb skills to give me a hand solving a few quick questions while I work on a compiled version that's actually optimized for rhod.

This is UNTESTED and for NAND only flash via recovery ONLY after backing up everything.
Nothing is guaranteed to work in fact if it boots all the way up it will be a happy surprise.

Things that REALLY SHOULDN'T work at all yet:
hardware acceleration
jit
wifi
TOUCHSCREEN - it needs to be patched

What this rom should do:
It really should boot all the way up to the launcher but graphics are likely to be pretty darned quircky and as mentioned previously touchscreen probably isn't going to work without my input patch.

I just need some intrepid users to give me some feedback and logs - logcat mostly not too interested in dmesg yet

here is the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?f1o69oa37oiiqo6

Flash at your own peril - if you use your phone as a phone you probably should just stay away but if your rhod is collecting dust I'd appreciate the help

Reactions: hoatienii

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
As of a couple of days ago, both my RHOD400's are collecting dust.

I should be able to carve some time out tonight after work.

Also, you're way too easy to convince. I didn't even try! :p

Last edited:

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
the xdandroid device tree is being a really big pita to compile :D I think I'm just gonna rebase off the hero cdma work

*edit
and it's compiling, this should work much better for my purposes

edit again
it finished compiling so now I've got some source to work with - I'll finish uploading test2 which is cooked from heroc anyways then you can test both and tell me what happens with each and I can start the process of adjusting the hell out of everything

edit even more
upload failed so I just merged in my compiled build with test 2 so that should hopefully correct touch screen issues if it boots at all that is.

*bah the upload keeps failing - probably at&t's way of increasing data usage a 100mb file becomes 1gb of failed data usage lol

ok here's test 2
http://www.mediafire.com/?ff82o4iahfv0jj1

let me know what they each do

Last edited:

ryannathans

Dec 4, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
If the recommended cpu speed was 1ghz for gingerbread, we are pushing that a bit.

What's it like for ICS?

Secondly I didn't think we had enough ram for ICS.

Must be some serious kick-ass optimizations going on ;)

Is nand ready for all RHODs yet? I've been in the dark on the other side of the country for a while.

Nand investigation/research time!

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
Ics has the potential to be just as fast as gingerbread and yes there is enough ram this is mostly just for fun though. GSM rhods are supported in nand now

Anyways I want testers not negative nancys lol

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
it shouldn't touch the recovery partition at all so risk of a brick is slim however you need to wipe dalvik and cache and data to test so it is inconvenient I suppose

milda25

Apr 23, 2008
I would like to try this built but it isn't possible to install it. In recovery mode after "apply update from sdcard" I got this error:
"E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 6)"
Why?

milda25

Apr 23, 2008
This is because miss semicolon in update script.

Thanks Muziling, you are right. Install is now sucessfull.
Missed 2 semicolon on begin of script (\rhodicstestbuild2.zip\META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script, line 2 and 3)

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Successfully installed (thanks again muziling), but not booting. I'm waiting 15minutes on NAND splash screen (burning AndroidMan with text "ACL"), but nothing happend.
Any idea?

muziling

Dec 7, 2010
adb logcat

Many error, netd, lib crash, etc... you can post your log to randomblame for debug

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
k I see a few issues there wanna try the first rom I posted and log me too. They're built on different bases but I suspect it will also have the netd trouble maybe I included the wrong init.rc thanks for tha logs!

Last edited:

milda25

Apr 23, 2008
k I see a few issues there wanna try the first rom I posted and log me too. They're built on different bases but I suspect it will also have the netd trouble maybe I included the wrong init.rc thanks for tha logs!

OK, I tried rhodicstestbuild1.zip and all logs using adb has only one line in log: - exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -
I don't know why.
btw: in update script are missed 2 semicolon again ...
edit: same result as with build2 - not booting.

Last edited:

thatfreak

Jun 15, 2009
spalding
I have a rhod100 collecting dust willing to use for testing have no programming skills bit happy to test from a user perspective

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone - So arrrrgh somehow convinced me to work on rhod a bit and I need help testing.
    I have an initial cooked build of ice cream sandwich version 4.0.1 based off the dream/saphire build ready to be tried out. I need testers with adb skills to give me a hand solving a few quick questions while I work on a compiled version that's actually optimized for rhod.

This is UNTESTED and for NAND only flash via recovery ONLY after backing up everything.
    Nothing is guaranteed to work in fact if it boots all the way up it will be a happy surprise.

Things that REALLY SHOULDN'T work at all yet:
    hardware acceleration
    jit
    wifi
    TOUCHSCREEN - it needs to be patched

What this rom should do:
    It really should boot all the way up to the launcher but graphics are likely to be pretty darned quircky and as mentioned previously touchscreen probably isn't going to work without my input patch.

I just need some intrepid users to give me some feedback and logs - logcat mostly not too interested in dmesg yet

here is the link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?f1o69oa37oiiqo6

Flash at your own peril - if you use your phone as a phone you probably should just stay away but if your rhod is collecting dust I'd appreciate the help

This is because miss semicolon in update script.
    what test rom was it and yes logcat please that was the whole point

OK, here is some logs. I'm used continous logcat (without parameter -d). Hope this logs will be usefull.
    Edit: my device is Rhod100 and used your rhodicstestbuild2.zip build.
    Anyway, since this thread is relatively inactive, and since others have had similar problems with porting ICS, but all I can find is pastebin pages with no context as to why or how it was fixed, I'm posting the full logcat here.

Next time put large stuff like logs, code, etc in [ code ] braces... I edited your post already ;).
    I just tried it. It's stuck on ACL's burning android.

Did you bother reading?

CWM install works.

I have this problem on boot.

He even posted logs of what was happening... I'm betting he's asking for help on how to fix the issue, this is after all xda-developers.