What would your ideal theme have?

Search This thread

Erik_T

Sep 15, 2011
Hmm.. This needs a bump. To themes and apps. But I guess it going back up to where it belongs will KINDA make me happy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Bubonic78

Feb 7, 2012
Garland
Umbrella Corporation

I'd like to see some Umbrella Corporation in a theme like the Umbrella Corporation logo for a battery status. Colors like Red, black, white some thing like this.
SC4-1-1.png

reddial.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Thamma513

Mindreci

Mar 10, 2012
Transparent status bar and app drawer background. Loop scroll pages on home and app drawer. Ics screen off animation and resizable widgets

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

Reactions: EXPERIMENT

EXPERIMENT

Sep 27, 2011
ok,
I'd like to start getting some ideas from you guys what you'd like to know/learn about, then I can try to have some sort of a schedule of things to address during the workshop.
You can post your questions here, or message me on twitter, this will help me get an idea of what you'd like me to cover.
You'll be able to ask questions during the live as well, but if I get enough questions prior to the event, they will take priority.
I look forward to meeting you all under a different format :)

X

Reactions: ppalbicke

ppalbicke

Dec 14, 2010
Chicago
I would say apktool. I am very inconsistent with it. Especially when changing a system app and making into a zip. I make it harder than it should be.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Theme thoughts

Hi Ex (and fellow XDA members). Since this thread is titled with a question, I thought I'd give a shot at answering it. I started out trying to answer by doing a little research. I've been trying out most of your work the past few weeks as well as looking in some of the other threads at themes others have done for various ROMs. I even gave the UOT kitchen a shot but the results are best cleared, wiped, and deleted from the phone! But I have gotten an idea of the things that appeal to me and some of the things that make me thing "not on my phone" or "what do I have to smoke to like that?"

So, here are some of the things I would include or at least consider if I had ANY themeing skills: the Infuse is the first phone I've had that I really like and want to keep for a while. I think its great enough that it doesn't need to scream and shout to get attention so I really love the whole ColorKiller idea. Its subdued and understated but intrigueing enough to get a second look. I like the style of the round "coin look" toggles; I also saw a theme that had square toggles with rounded corners that interesting. I love the clean, monochrome look throughout with the subtle touches of color. I happen to like blue, but something less intense than the ICS blues.

As for some of the indicators, I'm happy with just about any battery icon that gives me a percent indication. The 4G signal indicator is a nice touch to tease my friends, but I can live with the H icon although I think the standard orange/green arrows are cheap looking.

I gave the Aeries theme a try and really loved the transparent "glass" look of the chat bubbles but that's not a big thing. I also like the bubbles in CK with the sutle difference in colors.

Because I see the carrier name every month when I pay the bill, I have no desire to see their name everytime I look at the phone screen. If they want me to promote their service, they can write me a check! I have no problem, however, with seeing the theme name, ROM name, or artist's "signature" as long as its not the overwhelming element.

I like to look of the icons in GoLauncher. The simple, line drawing, single color icons. (I'd love to be able to make icons like them for all the apps I have installed -- maybe someday I'll get there).

Overall, I guess I want my Infuse to say "thanks for noticing me" not "HEY LOOK AT ME!"

Like you, I have classes and homework constantly getting in the way of fun stuff. Until that's out of the way, learning the in's and out's of theme creation will have to wait. If I even get the technical skills perfected, I just hope I can find the artistic genes to use them with some success.
    I'm not sure what thats supposed to do?

It is used as bait to bring you out of hiding. See how well it works. Nice to see you are still around sir. Hope all is well with you. Take care Mr. X sir.

Sent from my Big Ass Outlaw Phone.

FJ -CM9 (Gotham)

And yes ... Size is important.
    Then there was...R3VELATiON

X
    Here's a taste of R3velation

ColorKiller Theme [greyed out] Zeus Build 5.2

Dear XDA members and friends,
    I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm gonna stop themes for this week to officially try to catch up on homework, and life in general. 5 kids, college online at home, and trying to juggle the various tasks that are involved with children from newborn to 12 years old is tough, not to mention I'd love to spend some time with my beautiful wife :)
    In order for me to make these themes has been pretty much like a full time job. I have seriously logged A LOT of hours. As much as most everyone on here love to flash I love to create, so this has and is definitely a labor of love for me. I do hope there is some sort of future for me in this type of work (where I make money though, lol) because I love it enough to do it for free, obviously. Anyway thanks for reading this, and please wish me luck this week as I try to catch up.

Because I aim to please though, I'm gonna share with you the theme I will be rockin during this week.
    The concept I went with for ColorKiller is little to none on the color, with some orange highlights from the sunRise theme.

Also you may have noticed that I figured out how to get my donate button working, so if you're enjoying my work that would be a great way to express your gratitude, and help convince my very patient wife to let me continue to do this ;) at the very least slap my thanks button.

EXPERIMENT
    of The Collective
    proudly presents:

tumblr_lypu526Lap1r8jvdbo1_500.png

tumblr_lypu3zsWJN1r8jvdbo1_500.png

tumblr_lypu0qvZqq1r8jvdbo1_500.png

tumblr_lyptz00h941r8jvdbo1_500.png

tumblr_lyptxqA8vC1r8jvdbo1_500.png

tumblr_lyptwoHTQd1r8jvdbo1_500.png

tumblr_lyptvgDTHg1r8jvdbo1_500.png

DOWNLOAD
    ColorKiller Theme

Enjoy!

Extra info:
    Be sure to check out the TW wallpaper gallery, there are a couple extra customs in there, including the default in case you accidentally switch it and want it back, as well as a couple from Verticae, if you end up using one of his, please hit his thanks button, mmK.

X,
    Sent from my infuse using
    The ColorKiller theme.