[ROM]16-11-12 Dark Passion Unofficial ParanoidAndroid 2.55 | Fully Inverted | Online

Search This thread

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Three Musketeers Proudly Present.....

Welcome to the Darkside....
Dark Passion - Unofficial Paranoid Android 2.55

This started as me compiling Paranoid for a few friends over on the Galaxy Nexus and then after a while it was getting modified everytime I compiled it, to add more and more 'Inverted Apps' and its got to the stage now where its all just about inverted.... when one of my friends suggested we should release it on there because it was 'good enough' we thought why the hell not... So now one of the team has a Galaxy Note 2 and he's pestered me till I compiled one for him (only joking man ;)) so here it is...

As stated this is compiled from source by me. Its just the plain compile, with no cherry picks (yet). We have added various things and taken some out to make it better for us and we will be releasing as is. Now this is made for our little circle of friends and I will not be changing it from how it is now... So please don't ask for the old apps to be added back. If you want a plain standard version of Paranoid, use the official version as that is the benchmark we all try to rise too ;)

I will endeavor to update at least once a week, and update the inverted apps accordingly. Some of the inverted apps I use like Google+ will obviously try to update through Play Store when they are updated. If you update it will revert it to normal, so just simply turn off auto updates for them

ROMInfo.png

Code:
CHANGELOG:

Dark Passion 2.55
Updated all Device and Kernel files to Cyanogenmod (which means s pen gestures :))
Updated Vendor Files
Updated Gapps

Dark Passion 2.54
Paranoid Android Updates
Updated Gapps

Dark Passion 2.53
Initial Release
Removed Apollo Music
Added Awesome Beats modded DSP manager
Added a few Themes
Added Inverted Keyboard

This rom isn't made to compete with any other roms out there. Its just made by us and released to be another option to whats already out there... If you don't like what we've done here, don't use it...

Install.png

Check post 3 for Install descriptions

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the thanks bit now... firstly the other Musketeers...
Benjamin.j.Goodwin - for being an absolute star, giving me pointers and helping... although sometimes he doesn't think he's helping but he is
Shingers5 - for his tireless testing, ideas and generally keeping me on my toes... and of course being a legend

Thanks also goes out to
Massive thanks to Utacka for giving me some good pointers
CM team
PA team
DutchDanny - for getting me started and for being very patient while I was asking silly questions
BinDroid Team for loads of help when I first started
los1010 for the awesome beats
joeyfettucine from themikmik.com for the inverted Facebook
rujeluss22 for most of the other inverted apps
JusTUN_Bean for the fixed Email/Exchange
XDA for just about everything else
If you think you need to be thanked, just let me know ;)

Download.png

Dark Passion 2.55

Inverted GApps

Older Versions

Dark Passion 2.53
Dark Passion 2.54

Last edited:

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
How to install

This guide is based on my install procedure to ensure optimal performance. I am aware that we all have our own preferred methods but I have realised that by following OP procedure its much easier to get help and figure out flashing related issues:
This guide is based on the assumption you have a form of recovery be it CWM and TWRP installed and ready to flash..........I have CWM
- boot into recovery using extended power menu or 3rd party app or 3 button combo home, vol down and power
- in recovery do a nandroid backup from backup/restore menu
- wipe data/factory reset
- in mounts and storage format system
- install zip from sdcard and choose rom zip to install
- install inverted gapps
- wipe cache
- in advanced wipe dalvik cache and fix permissions
- reboot system
I have found that wiping cache and dalvik after installing rom and gapps ensures a clean install on reboot.
This is the exact method I used to install the rom so if u have any issues after using this method then please report it to us. If you used your own method then we may not be able to offer adequate support. thanks for reading and hope you enjoy the rom

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Last edited:

lolmensch

Jul 14, 2009
FarFarAway
looks interesting. so it is completely based on imilkas github? if imilka fixes something it will be here rather soonish and there are the same issues with this rom as there are with his? (for example weird camera behavior for some phones?)

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Yeah as its based on his github, it will have the same issues as his rom, but as soon as its fixed in his rom, it should be fixed in this, we've just added a dark feel to the rom and added inverted apps...

Reactions: lolmensch

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
It won't have the soft buttons enabled by default, if you look, the pics are from the Xperia T (Put those on to give you an idea what the rom looks like) which has soft buttons only, like the Nexus, so you shouldn't have a problem ;) Unless you have it in tablet mode

Last edited:

Reb0rn

Sep 19, 2007
Ulricehamn
God damn you for making such a tease of a ROM ... when i was just setting up my PA to my liking...

Downloading :D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

shingers5

Come on guys don't be shy as this is a solid build. We may not be as popular as others on Samsung scene but we have been around a while as users and building roms privately. We only recently decided to release roms on Samsung scene as we think its as good enough as others on offer right now. We were a bit hesitant at first due to flaming issues on previous devices like s2 note 1 s3 etc but I am sure people will appreciate this.

Reb0rn

Sep 19, 2007
Ulricehamn
Nfc didn't work but utaka's fix worked here.

Its really a nice rom. Really well planed and beautiful and cohesive in its presentation.

Like the themes u have added as standard. Cool.

Overall an really nice addition to the xda scene. Specially for Samsung phones. Thank you!

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield

Its really a nice rom. Really well planed and beautiful and cohesive in its presentation.

Overall an really nice addition to the xda scene. Specially for Samsung phones. Thank you!

Thanks for the good comments guys... that's what makes it all worthwhile. We don't ask for anything other than thanks. If you want to donate, just do it to your favourite charity ;)

As far as NFC goes, this was just a basic compile using imilka's sources on github for our first attempt, we just wanted to make sure it was stable enough for release. I will look at utacka's fix, hopefully it will be merged, so the next compile will have it in, if not I will just add it manually...

PS. Love the avatar :D

Last edited:

Dai323

Nov 28, 2009
Cologne Germany
www.couporando.co.uk
I used Paranoid for a long time on my Galaxy Nexus, but not sure how it would work on the Note 2. Do I lose all SPen functionality if I flash it?

Maybe its easier if someone could let me know exactly what standard Note 2 functions are lost when using a Cyanogen based ROM?

Also, is there a list of things NOT working for the ROM?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Last edited:
Reactions: cocaino

shingers5

I used Paranoid for a long time on my Galaxy Nexus, but not sure how it would work on the Note 2. Do I lose all SPen functionality if I flash it?

Maybe its easier if someone could let me know exactly what standard Note 2 functions are lost when using a Cyanogen based ROM?

Also, is there a list of things NOT working for the ROM?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Well for me there are no spen apps but its early days as on my old note running PA some apps were being ported over. Official PA in original android thread states all you need to know

sunny2303

Apr 11, 2012
Mumbai
docs.google.com
Really cool ROM... Nice themeing options.. I just loved blumagic.. very detailed job done. Keep it up guys.. :thumbup:

No issues to report so far(its been hardly few hours). will update if I find any :)

cocaino

May 3, 2012
raipur
wow nice and beautiful rom

How multi window support and how pen app and pen sensor supported plz tell me

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Well I'm guessing there is not that many issues as we haven't had a load of posts saying this and that doesn't work.... We've got to thank the PA and CM guys for that, but mainly imilka for merging those changes into his repo on github. As far as the spen goes, I will try to get hold of utacka to see what he cherry picked to get it working :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Three Musketeers Proudly Present.....

Welcome to the Darkside....
    Dark Passion - Unofficial Paranoid Android 2.55

This started as me compiling Paranoid for a few friends over on the Galaxy Nexus and then after a while it was getting modified everytime I compiled it, to add more and more 'Inverted Apps' and its got to the stage now where its all just about inverted.... when one of my friends suggested we should release it on there because it was 'good enough' we thought why the hell not... So now one of the team has a Galaxy Note 2 and he's pestered me till I compiled one for him (only joking man ;)) so here it is...

As stated this is compiled from source by me. Its just the plain compile, with no cherry picks (yet). We have added various things and taken some out to make it better for us and we will be releasing as is. Now this is made for our little circle of friends and I will not be changing it from how it is now... So please don't ask for the old apps to be added back. If you want a plain standard version of Paranoid, use the official version as that is the benchmark we all try to rise too ;)

I will endeavor to update at least once a week, and update the inverted apps accordingly. Some of the inverted apps I use like Google+ will obviously try to update through Play Store when they are updated. If you update it will revert it to normal, so just simply turn off auto updates for them

ROMInfo.png

Code:
    CHANGELOG:

Dark Passion 2.55
    Updated all Device and Kernel files to Cyanogenmod (which means s pen gestures :))
    Updated Vendor Files
    Updated Gapps

Dark Passion 2.54
    Paranoid Android Updates
    Updated Gapps

Dark Passion 2.53
    Initial Release
    Removed Apollo Music
    Added Awesome Beats modded DSP manager
    Added a few Themes
    Added Inverted Keyboard

This rom isn't made to compete with any other roms out there. Its just made by us and released to be another option to whats already out there... If you don't like what we've done here, don't use it...

Install.png

Check post 3 for Install descriptions

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the thanks bit now... firstly the other Musketeers...
    Benjamin.j.Goodwin - for being an absolute star, giving me pointers and helping... although sometimes he doesn't think he's helping but he is
    Shingers5 - for his tireless testing, ideas and generally keeping me on my toes... and of course being a legend

Thanks also goes out to
    Massive thanks to Utacka for giving me some good pointers
    CM team
    PA team
    DutchDanny - for getting me started and for being very patient while I was asking silly questions
    BinDroid Team for loads of help when I first started
    los1010 for the awesome beats
    joeyfettucine from themikmik.com for the inverted Facebook
    rujeluss22 for most of the other inverted apps
    JusTUN_Bean for the fixed Email/Exchange
    XDA for just about everything else
    If you think you need to be thanked, just let me know ;)

Download.png

Dark Passion 2.55

Inverted GApps

Older Versions

Dark Passion 2.53
    Dark Passion 2.54
    Screens.png

Xperia%201.jpg
    Xperia%203.jpg
    Xperia%204.jpg
    Xperia%205.jpg
    Xperia%206.jpg

These are screenshots took from the Xperia T but you get the idea... ;)

If you want to support us... Use our banner ;)

MusketeersAddictB%26W.png

MusketeersAddictW%26B.png
    Sorry guys if you're having probs with the new build I will pull it and re-compile... I always 'make clobber' before I do a build, I know it takes longer, but you always get a fresh build...
    How to install

This guide is based on my install procedure to ensure optimal performance. I am aware that we all have our own preferred methods but I have realised that by following OP procedure its much easier to get help and figure out flashing related issues:
    This guide is based on the assumption you have a form of recovery be it CWM and TWRP installed and ready to flash..........I have CWM
    - boot into recovery using extended power menu or 3rd party app or 3 button combo home, vol down and power
    - in recovery do a nandroid backup from backup/restore menu
    - wipe data/factory reset
    - in mounts and storage format system
    - install zip from sdcard and choose rom zip to install
    - install inverted gapps
    - wipe cache
    - in advanced wipe dalvik cache and fix permissions
    - reboot system
    I have found that wiping cache and dalvik after installing rom and gapps ensures a clean install on reboot.
    This is the exact method I used to install the rom so if u have any issues after using this method then please report it to us. If you used your own method then we may not be able to offer adequate support. thanks for reading and hope you enjoy the rom