what should i do if the rom i want to port has boot.img

Search This thread

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
yes but i searched and i didn't find any which tells about the boot.img

like I said boot.img is the kernel

you dont want to flash another phones kernel on your phone so you just delete it or replace it with one from your phone buts its probably better to just delete it and leave the rom kernel free as unless you have permission and the kernel source you cant post it and most people like to choose what kernel they use

you can remove the line for boot.img from the updater script if you want to

when porting a rom you are just looking at the system folder and then if there is anything extra in the updater script you can look at that

Reactions: Omar El- Hussien

Omar El- Hussien

Sep 30, 2013
Ismailia

you dont want to flash another phones kernel on your phone so you just delete it or replace it with one from your phone buts its probably better to just delete it and leave the rom kernel free as unless you have permission and the kernel source you cant post it and most people like to choose what kernel they use

when porting a rom you are just looking at the system folder and then if there is anything extra in the updater script you can look at that
thanks man you are really very helpful :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Delete the boot.img file no need for it..
    If using Biel cm7 as base flash specific kernel
    If using Percy cm7 flash CM#2 kernel.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
    yes but i searched and i didn't find any which tells about the boot.img