Cm9/ics for the droid 3 *** users thread ***

Search This thread

zzandrewst

Oct 11, 2011
South Carolina

chemicalboyxda

Oct 22, 2010
Hi, i have problem with this rom. I came from stock VRW(2.3.4) rom. The phone is unlocked. I am using in Argentina with GSM/HSPA. I put the xt883 radio and modify the build.prop like others user. Beautiful, 3G and 2G without problems.
When i flash this rom in safestrap the Baseband appears as Unknow, imei info not showing, No Service 2g, 3g, etc.
I done everything, wipedata/cache, try to format system and flash and many other things. I tried to flash radio again over this rom but no lucky.
I read something about put /system/lib/*ril* but i dont want to brick my phone.
Help me please!!

macroman8807

Nov 28, 2011
Lucerne Valley
Does any on know how to get the 3 buttons ,at the bottom of the screen in this build, off I don't really like them too much

sent from My Awesome Droid 3

mtva24

Oct 19, 2011
Using the blur version (the update before last)...anyone know else having problems with videos?

rebith75

Feb 10, 2011
Verizon Droid 3, I am having difficulty at times with outbound calls, saying the member no longer has service etc. Fixed usually after reboot, but happens several times daily. Does anyone else get this? I have tried to flash 3 different ROMS, the latest being the 3/7 nightly. Does the patch to download help? Any ideas? Thanks! Love the ROM, put it on my wifes phone too so she is baller with ICS.

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS
Verizon Droid 3, I am having difficulty at times with outbound calls, saying the member no longer has service etc. Fixed usually after reboot, but happens several times daily. Does anyone else get this? I have tried to flash 3 different ROMS, the latest being the 3/7 nightly. Does the patch to download help? Any ideas? Thanks! Love the ROM, put it on my wifes phone too so she is baller with ICS.
Maybe try a complete wipe and wipe the delvik too. Make sure you don't restore from your Google account.

Is it me or ICS is kinda stiffy when I try to scroll up or down a page? Also why am I not able to play any video online?

Do a search around the ICS/AOKP threads.

Sent from my XT862 using XDA

udrunner

Mar 11, 2012
Is anyone else having problems with getting some pictures in texts? I've got some that come through in black and white instead of color?

ChocolateShein

Oct 19, 2011
I'm getting a bootloop for 3/11 beta. I've even factory resetted my phone and reflashed the 890 update and tried again with no luck. My phone was working fine before on the 3/7 nightly.

PM_mobile

Apr 22, 2011
I'm getting a bootloop for 3/11 beta. I've even factory resetted my phone and reflashed the 890 update and tried again with no luck. My phone was working fine before on the 3/7 nightly.

Did you confirm the checksum? Might just be a bad download... I'm on 3/12 nightly atm, but I vaguely remember booting the 3/11 beta before that. (I have Obsessive Compulsive Flashing Disorder... so maybe I imagined that..)

checksum from hashcode's blog for 3/11 beta is " f26cd5332642dd0ab1fc0cdb3d06f79a"

(I usually wipe data/factory reset and format /system)

chemicalboyxda

Oct 22, 2010
Hi, i have problem with this rom. I came from stock VRW(2.3.4) rom. The phone is unlocked. I am using in Argentina with GSM/HSPA. I put the xt883 radio and modify the build.prop like others user. Beautiful, 3G and 2G without problems.
When i flash this rom in safestrap the Baseband appears as Unknow, imei info not showing, No Service 2g, 3g, etc.
I done everything, wipedata/cache, try to format system and flash and many other things. I tried to flash radio again over this rom but no lucky.
I read something about put /system/lib/*ril* but i dont want to brick my phone.
Help me please!!

Well i fix my problem. If you have the verizon with the radio of the xt883 you have this problems, baseband unknow, no signal, etc. The fix is that you have to put the original verizon radio before flash to this rom.

Raffi.Be

Jan 14, 2010
Hello,

I'm sorry to disturb but I have been looking all night yesterday and I can't find my answer.
I installed the new version from the 03/11/12 from the blog, followed all instructions, used safestrap and did a backup before.
Unfortunately I am having issues with the ICS, like the Phone process keeps crashing, Flash Players does not work, lag issues, ect.
I appreciate a lot the work developer put in this, and I might be probably at fault for following wrong instructions for those issues to happen.
I tried to find a fix for that, but they where unsuccessful.

I would like to go back to my stock ROM, and yesterday while I was looking I found that there was the Droid 3 Fastboot from Rootswiki, but the links to download are dead. And I found OTA Leak thread on XDA, but I did not understand what to do, and I'm worried from the warning saying I won't be able to get back to my stock ROM, and I thought this was one.

Could anyone advice me please on what instructions to follow to get back to my original ROM ?
I have the Droid 3 XT862 with Verizon.
It's rooted and has safestrap.
Has ICS installed with CyanogenMod 9.

I would very much appreciate your help & support.

Thank you in advance.

Raf

chemicalboyxda

Oct 22, 2010
Hello,

I'm sorry to disturb but I have been looking all night yesterday and I can't find my answer.
I installed the new version from the 03/11/12 from the blog, followed all instructions, used safestrap and did a backup before.
Unfortunately I am having issues with the ICS, like the Phone process keeps crashing, Flash Players does not work, lag issues, ect.
I appreciate a lot the work developer put in this, and I might be probably at fault for following wrong instructions for those issues to happen.
I tried to find a fix for that, but they where unsuccessful.

I would like to go back to my stock ROM, and yesterday while I was looking I found that there was the Droid 3 Fastboot from Rootswiki, but the links to download are dead. And I found OTA Leak thread on XDA, but I did not understand what to do, and I'm worried from the warning saying I won't be able to get back to my stock ROM, and I thought this was one.

Could anyone advice me please on what instructions to follow to get back to my original ROM ?
I have the Droid 3 XT862 with Verizon.
It's rooted and has safestrap.
Has ICS installed with CyanogenMod 9.

I would very much appreciate your help & support.

Thank you in advance.

Raf

Sorry to hear that. Did you do a wipe after rom installation?
To go back to your original rom you have to disable safe system and you go back to the stock verizon rom.
Hope this help you

Raffi.Be

Jan 14, 2010
Sorry to hear that. Did you do a wipe after rom installation?
To go back to your original rom you have to disable safe system and you go back to the stock verizon rom.
Hope this help you

Hello,

Thank your for your fast reply. Yes I did a system wipe after installing the rom and the gapps.
Well I'm trying to find how to get back to the stock rom.
I just fell on something, I will try it out and see if it works.
It's the Root Ultimate Thread from androidforums. Can't post the link unfortunately.

EDIT:

I just found out that it's a dual-boot, I didn't know that. I'm sorry for that.
Thank you chemicalboyxda , I didn't know it was that simple.

Raf

Last edited:

chemicalboyxda

Oct 22, 2010
anybody knows what is change with 3/13 nightles?

In the hascode website have the changelog.
CM9
Fixed In-call Phone Mute Button
Added Rapvm78′s Front-facing Camera fix
1% battery mod

AOKP
Fixed In-call Phone Mute Button
Added Rapmv78′s Front-face Camera fix
Merged Milestone 4 changes
Fixed hard keyboard backlight (needs auto brightness on)
1% battery mod
Added Global Phone settings

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made no mods. It was like this right off the bat, while I was setting up my google acct. I had trouble selecting the text input box until I actually held my finger there. Thought it was frozen or something at first. I can't stand it, I had to switch back to liberty. Frankly until the camera works I can't use ics as a daily driver anyways. I use it a fair bit

Sent from my XT862 using xda premium

Could try these build.prop tweaks. I have them all at except I haven't adjusted the max_events because I find the screen pretty responsive(tested to see if they caused crashing for you lol). Perhaps just the 1of keeping the launcher in memory will help with what you're noticing. I have to say it seems even quicker here now but it could be placebo. I've also removed libGLES_android.so etc been messing around with flashplayer trying to find a fix but no luck yet, poor framerate in videos, like maybe 1 fps and it drops the rest to give ~27fps slideshow.

Helps Scrolling Response
    windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150

Increases overall touch response
    debug.performance.tuning=1
    video.accelerate.hw=1

Forces your home screen launcher to remain in memory
    ro.home_app_adj=1

Render UI with GPU
    debug.sf.hw=1
    @dano
    The globalnwswitch thing is in the /system/app folder. Delete the apk from there

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk
    In build.prop

it goes

"# Default Network type.
    # 7 => Global Phone (4 => CDMA).
    ro.telephony.default_network = 2."

does this mean that the default network is already set to 2? Do i have to change the number '7' to '2' also?? Thanks for any help guys. :)

I tried to change the setting in build.prop but i don't think it saved anything. Im using AstroViewer to do it. I also deleted the GlobalNswitch.apk from the APP folder.

But when i reboot the phone it says 'process com.android.phone has stopped. Am I doing something wrong?? LOL

edit: and one more thing. phone won't let me uninstall/delete GlobalNSwitch.apk. it said delete was unsuccessful and uninstall was unsuccessful..

The # means that that line is commented out ie doesn't actually do anything. Its just there for your information. So yes default network is set to 2 already.

/system is a read only file system. I'm not familiar with astro manager, some file mangers allow you to remount read/write. Look around otherwaise use a terminal emulator to run this command
    busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
    Make sure you are root first by using the command su if you are it should say som ething like root@solana (or something similar, I can't remember exactly)

How does this do for a daily driver? I just got my Droid 3 replaced so I've got a fresh system to fall back on just in case.

If you don't use the camera much/at all, it's a great daily. I've been on CM9 exclusively, for about three months now, and haven't had any problems doing what I need to do. The camera is a sticking point for some, but, I don't mind at all. :)