[ROM][NC] Unofficial CM9 Nightly builds - with/without OpenGL

Search This thread

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Hi, i'm pretty new into Android development. I'm using the CM9 on my NC, and currently working on some simple app development. I have problem in getting the USB debugging working on my Win7 machine, however using Wi-Fi is fine.

In the device manager, it's detected as Portable Devices and having the hardware id of
USB\VID_18D&PID_2D03&REV_0216 and USB\VID_18D&PID_2D03. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks :)
Yes, look at my referenced post one back. There is a tip on how to get the adb drivers working in windows.

Reactions: raymondtan85

DizzyDen

Feb 7, 2011
Hi, i'm pretty new into Android development. I'm using the CM9 on my NC, and currently working on some simple app development. I have problem in getting the USB debugging working on my Win7 machine, however using Wi-Fi is fine.

In the device manager, it's detected as Portable Devices and having the hardware id of
USB\VID_18D&PID_2D03&REV_0216 and USB\VID_18D&PID_2D03. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks :)

Edit the inf file for your adb driver to include:
Code:
%SingleAdbInterface%        = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_2D03
%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_2D03&MI_01
Then reinstall the drivers.

Reactions: purenoise

velizet

Jul 5, 2011
Out of curiosity.. are there many of you using Goo Manager with TWRP/CWM and updating every day/night? Or do most of you skip a few days?
I was never succesfull using the goomanager. It is either md5 mismatch, or partial downloads.

I download to the PC, and copy to the sdcrad every few days.

eyeballer

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2010
teamw.in
I was never succesfull using the goomanager. It is either md5 mismatch, or partial downloads.

I download to the PC, and copy to the sdcrad every few days.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, some people say it fixes that md5 issue.

No daily update today 27 Apr 12?

It's up on techerrata. We broke some stuff with the goo app in testing the incremental updates, should be fixed later today.

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, some people say it fixes that md5 issue.

It's up on techerrata. We broke some stuff with the goo app in testing the incremental updates, should be fixed later today.

Yes, downloading now.. thanks.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

We broke some stuff with the goo app in testing the incremental updates, should be fixed later today.

How do I help test the incremental update capability?

RVD26

May 15, 2011
Houston
Netflix?

Does Netflix not work on CM9?
I updated a friend's NC from CM7 to CM9 and now he is saying Netflix will not work.

Last edited:

afzalarsalan

Apr 12, 2011
I have just noticed that there is now an option in default CM9 to make /emmc the default storage for apps, media, etc. I finally have a way to use that space decently without wasting it.

mOn62.png

h8i32.png

eyeballer

Jun 24, 2010
teamw.in
And incremental updates are live! Update Goo Manager in the play store (v2.0.4).

Currently incremental updates will ONLY be offered by the app when attempting to update from the previous night's build. If you miss a night, you'll have to flash the full rom, then incrementals will be available again. Incremental updates are 35-40mb (depending on how much changes of course) vs a full 120mb nightly. They also don't format /system each flash like a full rom does. So faster downloads, faster flashes and less wear on the flash memory of your device.

Please note:
1) This feature is still experimental, please let me know if you hit any issues.
2) Incremental updates will work with CWM but require handing off or manually flashing. If you use TWRP the updates happen at the press of a button.. TWRP offers the best user experience. You can install TWRP via goo manager by going to menu-install openscriptrecovery.
3) This is only for emmc setups not sdcard installs

Huge huge thanks to s0up for making this possible!

Last edited:

neuroval

Feb 13, 2012
Is it possible to switch from samiam03's nightlies and eyeballer's nightlies without losing data/apps/settings? As in, can I just flash eyeballer's nightly over samiam03's on my sd card install?

Thanks!

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Is it possible to switch from samiam03's nightlies and eyeballer's nightlies without losing data/apps/settings? As in, can I just flash eyeballer's nightly over samiam03's on my sd card install?

Thanks!
Those two are interchangeable. Flash one over the other with no problems. All data, apps and settings stay. But use the SD card installer, not CWM recovery or TWRP. I'm not sure how the incremental will work with SD installs, I'm hoping they will work. Sounds like they should.

Last edited:

mateorod

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 16, 2011
New Orleans
www.gigmasters.com
When I go from eyeballer to Sam's, I lose my gapps. And everytime I flash after that until I restore a backup. Not from Sam to eyeballer, though.

I'm sure there is an easy solution, but instead of looking for it, I just use eyeballers if I need an update zip stat. Better to use regularly clobbered builds anyway, the prebuilts are up to date.

incubus26jc

Feb 12, 2009
Illinois
And incremental updates are live! Update Goo Manager in the play store (v2.0.4).

Currently incremental updates will ONLY be offered by the app when attempting to update from the previous night's build. If you miss a night, you'll have to flash the full rom, then incrementals will be available again. Incremental updates are 35-40mb (depending on how much changes of course) vs a full 120mb nightly. They also don't format /system each flash like a full rom does. So faster downloads, faster flashes and less wear on the flash memory of your device.

Please note:
1) This feature is still experimental, please let me know if you hit any issues.
2) Incremental updates will work with CWM but require handing off or manually flashing. If you use TWRP the updates happen at the press of a button.. TWRP offers the best user experience. You can install TWRP via goo manager by going to menu-install openscriptrecovery.
3) This is only for emmc setups not sdcard installs

Huge huge thanks to s0up for making this possible!

Thanks eyeballer, this is great. 2 questions.

1. If i go to twrp manually to install zips, it doesnt seem to properly show my sd card files. it says im looking at the sd dir but shows emmc folders?

2. When i install zips from the goo app, if i check to install gapps and rom at the same time. does it matter that it installs the gapps before the rom? doesnt seem to have an issue.

eyeballer

Jun 24, 2010
teamw.in
Thanks eyeballer, this is great. 2 questions.

1. If i go to twrp manually to install zips, it doesnt seem to properly show my sd card files. it says im looking at the sd dir but shows emmc folders?

2. When i install zips from the goo app, if i check to install gapps and rom at the same time. does it matter that it installs the gapps before the rom? doesnt seem to have an issue.

1. Look under the mounts menu and change the radio button to external sdcard. TWRP can support both internal and external memory
2. It shouldnt really matter but you can order the files in the goo app before you hit flash.

Reactions: incubus26jc

incubus26jc

Feb 12, 2009
Illinois
1. Look under the mounts menu and change the radio button to external sdcard. TWRP can support both internal and external memory
2. It shouldnt really matter but you can order the files in the goo app before you hit flash.

ahh thanks. that worked.
btw, thanks for everything. stuff that was driving me crazy before seem to be fixed, such as lockscreen being landscape on a reboot by default is now portrait like i want :)
Open gl seems to run great for me as well. Not sure what you did since 4/20 (my last update) but homescreen transition and everything else is butter smooth now.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As of 9/4 opengl is enabled on all builds (so no more double builds each night) and hardware UI acceleration is working. Thanks krylon360 for the work :)

In the same spirit as Samiam303 I've been building and hosting nightly builds of CM9 for the community to use. In particular I'm now building nightlies with OpenGL rendering turned on in addition to non-openGL builds (same as Samiam303). These builds are all straight sync with CM source with no additional mods. Builds are sync'd at 3am EST for non-openGL and 4am EST for openGL - they will be available to download approx 15 mins after their sync times.

So what does OpenGL rendering mean? It means we have some form of hardware acceleration for the UI and apps. It is not full hw accel and it is not hw video decoding. The couple of things you'll notice work is wallpaper scrolling in the launcher and chrome beta will mostly work to render webpages but will fc if you go into settings. Flash also somewhat works - I've found you definitely need to OC to get some flash videos to work, most still are not smooth.

The downside to it seems to vary user to user, some people report sluggish responses and some get lock ups, a few have no problems at all..

Either way, give them a try and report back. Please try to keep the thread on topic of these builds only, other mods can be flashed over, but that discussion should be in the respective thread. I'd also like to revisit keyodi's suggestion here (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22277804#post22277804) - a few people reported good results with that change. Any more feedback?

Downloads

There's a few ways to get the builds:
    1) Browse the hosted folder here: http://techerrata.com/browse/nightly_kangs/encore
    2) Follow @CM_Encore on twitter for announcements of the builds as they hit the host (PLEASE NOTE: @CM_Encore IS A TWITTER BOT - don't bother tweeting at it)
    3) *NEW* Use the Goo Manager app to receive notifications of new builds and download them directly on your nook. With Goo Manager you can also get incremental updates, see my post here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25441065#post25441065

Latest ICS gapps can be found here http://goo-inside.me/gapps or mirrored here http://techerrata.com/browse/gapps

Updates

For the latest updates/announcements follow me on twitter, or check back here.

5/9/12: Goo Manager now comes pre-installed to make updating as easy as possible :)
    4/28/12: Incremental updates are available for the flash-a-holics: See http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25441065#post25441065
    3/10/12: Due to some merges yesterday you may need to reflash gapps when going from a nightly prior to 3/9 to later than 3/9

Credit and Thanks
    Thanks to fattire, dalingrin and the rest of the CM encore theme for making this possible. Thanks to fellow TeamWin members Kevank for providing the hosting and to s0up for the Goo app.
    The 9/4 nightly includes all of krylon's changes, and opengl is now enabled by default so there will only be 1 build each night from now on (unless something changes again). In testing we haven't experienced any freezes or random reboots with the new code and opengl enabled, of course with wider testing we may discover something.
    I've decided to pause the nightlies at this point. If most people are on 9/4 we can start to see if there's any specific issues affecting all users that might be able to be resolved with the goal being as stable a cm9 release as possible. There isn't much being merged into the cm9 tree upstream so we're not losing anything by building less frequency.

So go ahead and install 9/4, if I see something of significance merged upstream I'll kick off a new public build.
    Nightlies will now feature HWA and full Hardware Decoding, as well as working Flash.

Known issues.
    Netflix - Stupid Stupid App. :p - Giving the same error as we are getting in JB, so when we fix one, we will fix the other.

Fruit Ninja - Hangs at the loading screen. - Known issue across several devices.
    I've decided to pause the nightlies at this point. If most people are on 9/4 we can start to see if there's any specific issues affecting all users that might be able to be resolved with the goal being as stable a cm9 release as possible. There isn't much being merged into the cm9 tree upstream so we're not losing anything by building less frequency.

So go ahead and install 9/4, if I see something of significance merged upstream I'll kick off a new public build.

thanks eye.
    This gives me a chance to hack in the PBHACK which will bring down the memory usage of SystemUI like I did in JB.
    Gonna take some work since it didnt like some of the syntax usage when I attempted the 1st time.
    Will try to get to this sometime this week. Have my Grandma coming to town on Sunday, so will be unavail this weekend/next week.