copying pictures from old phone

Search This thread

cgibsong002

Apr 12, 2011
PA
Ok so I guess this isn't specifically for the M8.. but I need some help. I've had my m8 for a while now but never properly copied over everything from my old phone. All of my old pictures in particular are still on my old phone. Well, most of them copied over.. but not the way I want. Basically, what I want is to get all of my pictures, and all of the different albums to just transfer from internal to SD so that I can just load it in my M8.

I don't remember what I did exactly, but most of my old pictures transferred over to my M8 all grouped into one album. I also don't want to use dropbox or do this over the internet. I thought Quickpic would've been easy to just select all and copy over.. but not that I could figure out. I suppose I could create new folders on my SD card and then use quickpic to copy them individually... but not ideal. Is there an easier way??

Also, unfortunately, my old phone will not connect to my computer, or else I'd use that.

Madcat8686

Nov 9, 2013
Konoha
HTC One (M8)
Google Pixel 2
Ok so I guess this isn't specifically for the M8.. but I need some help. I've had my m8 for a while now but never properly copied over everything from my old phone. All of my old pictures in particular are still on my old phone. Well, most of them copied over.. but not the way I want. Basically, what I want is to get all of my pictures, and all of the different albums to just transfer from internal to SD so that I can just load it in my M8.

I don't remember what I did exactly, but most of my old pictures transferred over to my M8 all grouped into one album. I also don't want to use dropbox or do this over the internet. I thought Quickpic would've been easy to just select all and copy over.. but not that I could figure out. I suppose I could create new folders on my SD card and then use quickpic to copy them individually... but not ideal. Is there an easier way??

Also, unfortunately, my old phone will not connect to my computer, or else I'd use that.

I don't know if you tried this or not but, if you are on a stock Rom, choose the "get content from another phone" in settings. The catch is you will need to get the HTC transfer tool from the play store on the old phone. Once you do that follow the instructions. This method will transfer a lot more than just photos. You get to choose what to transfer. It works really well.

Reactions: cgibsong002

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
You should just be able to use any Android file manager to copy, move, create the albums/folders however you like. And then the M8 should just pick up the new albums. I'm a little confused on what the issue is?

cgibsong002

Apr 12, 2011
PA
I don't know if you tried this or not but, if you are on a stock Rom, choose the "get content from another phone" in settings. The catch is you will need to get the HTC transfer tool from the play store on the old phone. Once you do that follow the instructions. This method will transfer a lot more than just photos. You get to choose what to transfer. It works really well.

Thanks so much. I thought I used that already, but clearly not. This worked perfectly and was no hassle.

You should just be able to use any Android file manager to copy, move, create the albums/folders however you like. And then the M8 should just pick up the new albums. I'm a little confused on what the issue is?

I was hoping to find a way where I didn't have to manually go in and find all of my folders, then create new ones on the sd card, then copy over each folder individually... huge hassle.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I was hoping to find a way where I didn't have to manually go in and find all of my folders, then create new ones on the sd card, then copy over each folder individually... huge hassle.

I don't see that as a huge hassle, unless you have a lot of folders in different places. And if so, why? I suppose you are free to organize your files however works best for you. But just having them in a couple master folders like DCIM and/or Pictures seems the most logical IMO. And if that is the case, just migrating them even manually is just going to be a few taps and take a few minutes.

In any case, glad you found a solution that worked for you. But it looks like the HTC Transfer Tool is cloud/internet based which I thought you were trying to avoid?

cgibsong002

Apr 12, 2011
PA
The HTC tool was Wi-Fi direct using the m8s connection which I was much more comfortable using instead of hosting everything in a company's site.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: redpoint73

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The HTC tool was Wi-Fi direct using the m8s connection which I was much more comfortable using instead of hosting everything in a company's site.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app