Search This thread

chalid

Jan 18, 2008
CME Desire HD2 Compact v1.6
HTC Desire HD base (RUU 1.84); Android 2.2.1; RAFPIGNA 1.9OC

3h7ih.png
197ff.png
2d7pe.png

The idea behind this ROM was to get as much free space as possible, while keeping HTC enhancements to android, like dialer, calendar, contacts etc.

To achieve that, besides many enhancements and optimizations, the HTC Launcher (Rosie.apk) and ALL HTC Widgets have been removed.

This ROM is partly RE-odexed and loads parts of the framework into the RAM, for better performance and more free space.

Included:
  • HTC Dialer
  • HTC Calendar
  • HTC Clock
  • HTC Messaging
  • HTC Mail
  • HTC Weather
  • HTC Contacts
  • HTC Camera
  • HTC Friends Stream
  • HTC Flashlight
  • HTC Album
  • HTC Music
  • HTC Keyboard
  • HTC FM Radio
  • HTC WiFi Hotspot
  • 1% battery meter
  • Power Notification Widgets
  • Launcher Pro (default launcher)
  • DSPManager
  • Miscellaneous HTC enhancements (USB-Sync, Lockscreen, etc.)

Removed:
  • HTC Sense (Launcher/Rosie.apk)
  • All HTC Widgets
  • All Google Apps (you can get them from the market)
  • HTC (Live) Wallpapers
  • Quickoffice
  • Adobe Reader
Good to know:
  • Everything is working.
  • 170MB free space on SECOND boot (194MB with UseLast24Nand!). Why on second boot? Because the part of dalvik cache, which is loaded to the RAM isn't cleared at first boot, but on second boot and all following.
  • ROM is running on a 230MB system partition. If you don't know how to set it up yourself, use this
  • Framework partly loaded into RAM. This method is the same as imilka uses. Thanks to imilka for pointing out how to use it.
  • Re-odexed system/apps. You are still able to use UOT-Kitchen; framework deodexed.
  • No app2sd+; No data2ext.
  • Zipaligned and rooted. Not squashfs-ed!
  • Multilanguage; w/o Arabic.
  • Coffee accepted ;-)

And like always: use at own risk.

Known issues:
  • Some games not starting / Render FX not working

Download Partition Layout v1.6

Download CME DESIRE HD2 COMPACT v1.6

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 330
  • 2.png
    2.png
    27 KB · Views: 275
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:

chalid

Jan 18, 2008
Changelog:

April 30th; v1.6:
- Plus 21MB free space
- Complete rebuild, with some parts of imilkas ROM (RAM method); not based on cmyxlogos ROM anymore.
- Fixed "Force close"-issue on boot
- Fixed Flash 10.2 problem
- Included zipalignment-script at startup
- Included DSPManager

April 24th; v1.5:
- Plus 17MB free space
- Re-odexed system/apps with already optimized APKs
- Some small adjustments to build.prop
- Adobe Flash lite removed
- Launcher Pro updated to 0.8.5

April 11th; v1.4:
- Gained another 5MB

April 10th; v1.3:
- More free space optimizations (squeezed out another 22MB!)
- Some small adjustments to the default language settings

April 8th; v1.2:
- Public release

Last edited:

doorfixer

Feb 20, 2011
Gonna try this build :p btw does it support apps2sd ?

Last edited:

chalid

Jan 18, 2008

no, sorry. I explicitly wanted a ROM without the need of any dependence on the sd card. otherwise most of the other desire hd, desire s or incredible s ROMs would have sufficed.

if you are willing to use an ext partition, there is imho actually little sense in using any light or compact ROMs, such as mine. ;-)

Last edited:

eseregin

Jun 23, 2010
Moscow
Interesting :)
Thank you for this build, it is seldom finding Light editions.

I used Markinus Light for long time, so it is good idea to try yours as well, thanks a lot!

eseregin

Jun 23, 2010
Moscow
Works fine!!! I love it, with Cianogen bar!
Removed from zip all existing HTC widgets, Adobe Reader, Quick Office, changed system in flash.cfg to 230 - very well! Working fine, thanks for great ROM!

PS
Advice - you can activate uselast24nand in Magldr-Service menu. It will give you another 24 Mb space :) Do it Before flashing CWM from computer!
Dont forget, if you will flash new version of magldr (if will :) ) this 24 Mb will be erased.
But still i use it on many ROMs, never was problems.

But do it on your own risk :)

Last edited:

chalid

Jan 18, 2008
NOP...
Look into zip, plenty of HTC widgets inside, including weather.
So question staying

Yeah, I need to clarify this a bit: I kept some of the smaller widgets because I wasn't sure what dependencies there are. With HTC Sense it's not always clear. For example: The HTC Keyboard depends on the HTC SetupWizard - so does the HTC Location Service and Weather etc ...

Thats why I kept the weather app too. I wanted to save the weather forecast functionality on the calendar and the location service. So I didn't remove any weather parts, as they rely on each other.

Some other smaller widgets (together less than 1MB) are kept for the same reason. Deleting all those files would bring another 1,5MB, but I just didnt want to endlessly trial and error just for the last few bytes, since 105MB isn't too bad. But of course there is always room for optimizations. ;-).

Is it Ok with flash.cfg - just 4 mb for boot and 1 mb for cash? Looks strange...
Yes, those values are correct. The cache on most of the sense builds isn't a separate partition but part of the data-partition. Still we have to flash 1MB because of CWM ...

Thanks, good to hear :D

Removed from zip all existing HTC widgets, Adobe Reader, Quick Office, changed system in flash.cfg to 230 - very well! Working fine, thanks for great ROM!
Yes, it would be easily possible to remove those too, but I wanted to keep some basic functions.

Advice - you can activate uselast24nand in Magldr-Service menu. It will give you another 24 Mb space :) Do it Before flashing CWM from computer!
Dont forget, if you will flash new version of magldr (if will :) ) this 24 Mb will be erased.
Yes, its a neat feature. But be careful, not only does flashing magldr erase those last 24MB but just entering SPL does too (without flashing anything).

app2sd for this rom work?
No, sorry. Like stated before, there is no point in that. If you are willing to use your SD-card as an integral part of the daily use, you can as well try a full-sense build. This ROM is optimized to work without any SD-card for best batterylife and stability.

And thats really the main advantage on this ROM: Its small (for a Desire HD based ROM) and stable.

Last edited:

chalid

Jan 18, 2008
Just released an update to version 1.3. I managed to squeeze out another 22MB. :cool: This means you will have 127MB of free space on the first boot. With "UseLast24Nand" you'll even have 151MB. With those new modifications this should be the smallest Desire HD based ROM you can get.

I changed my mind and deleted Adobe Reader, YouTube and Quickoffice. You can get the first two on the market. As for quickoffice - it was bugged, so no sense in keeping it. Alternatives can be found on the market too.

More information and download on the first post. Enjoy ... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: eseregin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CME Desire HD2 Compact v1.6
    HTC Desire HD base (RUU 1.84); Android 2.2.1; RAFPIGNA 1.9OC

3h7ih.png
    197ff.png
    2d7pe.png

The idea behind this ROM was to get as much free space as possible, while keeping HTC enhancements to android, like dialer, calendar, contacts etc.

To achieve that, besides many enhancements and optimizations, the HTC Launcher (Rosie.apk) and ALL HTC Widgets have been removed.

This ROM is partly RE-odexed and loads parts of the framework into the RAM, for better performance and more free space.

Included:
    • HTC Dialer
    • HTC Calendar
    • HTC Clock
    • HTC Messaging
    • HTC Mail
    • HTC Weather
    • HTC Contacts
    • HTC Camera
    • HTC Friends Stream
    • HTC Flashlight
    • HTC Album
    • HTC Music
    • HTC Keyboard
    • HTC FM Radio
    • HTC WiFi Hotspot
    • 1% battery meter
    • Power Notification Widgets
    • Launcher Pro (default launcher)
    • DSPManager
    • Miscellaneous HTC enhancements (USB-Sync, Lockscreen, etc.)

Removed:
    • HTC Sense (Launcher/Rosie.apk)
    • All HTC Widgets
    • All Google Apps (you can get them from the market)
    • HTC (Live) Wallpapers
    • Quickoffice
    • Adobe Reader
    Good to know:
    • Everything is working.
    • 170MB free space on SECOND boot (194MB with UseLast24Nand!). Why on second boot? Because the part of dalvik cache, which is loaded to the RAM isn't cleared at first boot, but on second boot and all following.
    • ROM is running on a 230MB system partition. If you don't know how to set it up yourself, use this
    • Framework partly loaded into RAM. This method is the same as imilka uses. Thanks to imilka for pointing out how to use it.
    • Re-odexed system/apps. You are still able to use UOT-Kitchen; framework deodexed.
    • No app2sd+; No data2ext.
    • Zipaligned and rooted. Not squashfs-ed!
    • Multilanguage; w/o Arabic.
    • Coffee accepted ;-)

And like always: use at own risk.

Known issues:
    • Some games not starting / Render FX not working

Download Partition Layout v1.6

Download CME DESIRE HD2 COMPACT v1.6

Changelog:

April 30th; v1.6:
    - Plus 21MB free space
    - Complete rebuild, with some parts of imilkas ROM (RAM method); not based on cmyxlogos ROM anymore.
    - Fixed "Force close"-issue on boot
    - Fixed Flash 10.2 problem
    - Included zipalignment-script at startup
    - Included DSPManager

April 24th; v1.5:
    - Plus 17MB free space
    - Re-odexed system/apps with already optimized APKs
    - Some small adjustments to build.prop
    - Adobe Flash lite removed
    - Launcher Pro updated to 0.8.5

April 11th; v1.4:
    - Gained another 5MB

April 10th; v1.3:
    - More free space optimizations (squeezed out another 22MB!)
    - Some small adjustments to the default language settings

April 8th; v1.2:
    - Public release
    you only need to add rosie.apk into system/app.

however, you need another source. rafpigna is using an 1.72 base rom. I'm using 1.84 as a base. imilkas froyo dhd rom and cmyxlogos froyo dhd ROM are based on an 1.84 ROM, so both of them should work. after copying rosie.apk you might need to delete launcherpro.apk or use a launcher-switcher.

no, sorry. I explicitly wanted a ROM without the need of any dependence on the sd card. otherwise most of the other desire hd, desire s or incredible s ROMs would have sufficed.

if you are willing to use an ext partition, there is imho actually little sense in using any light or compact ROMs, such as mine. ;-)
    NOP...
    Look into zip, plenty of HTC widgets inside, including weather.
    So question staying

Yeah, I need to clarify this a bit: I kept some of the smaller widgets because I wasn't sure what dependencies there are. With HTC Sense it's not always clear. For example: The HTC Keyboard depends on the HTC SetupWizard - so does the HTC Location Service and Weather etc ...

Thats why I kept the weather app too. I wanted to save the weather forecast functionality on the calendar and the location service. So I didn't remove any weather parts, as they rely on each other.

Some other smaller widgets (together less than 1MB) are kept for the same reason. Deleting all those files would bring another 1,5MB, but I just didnt want to endlessly trial and error just for the last few bytes, since 105MB isn't too bad. But of course there is always room for optimizations. ;-).

Is it Ok with flash.cfg - just 4 mb for boot and 1 mb for cash? Looks strange...
    Yes, those values are correct. The cache on most of the sense builds isn't a separate partition but part of the data-partition. Still we have to flash 1MB because of CWM ...

Thanks, good to hear :D

Yes, it would be easily possible to remove those too, but I wanted to keep some basic functions.

Yes, its a neat feature. But be careful, not only does flashing magldr erase those last 24MB but just entering SPL does too (without flashing anything).

app2sd for this rom work?
    No, sorry. Like stated before, there is no point in that. If you are willing to use your SD-card as an integral part of the daily use, you can as well try a full-sense build. This ROM is optimized to work without any SD-card for best batterylife and stability.

And thats really the main advantage on this ROM: Its small (for a Desire HD based ROM) and stable.