Good ROM & is gingerbread upgrade worth it?

Search This thread

life=42

Jan 2, 2012
Yep. If I can get my Extended Power Menu finished, I'm done.
Then all I'll need to get is themes and the 1% battery modification (easiest).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

Awesome, I still haven't figured out how to port just yet... not enough time. Would you give MIUI or that Neutrino a go?
I'm for sure going to try yours though

umirin

Jan 8, 2012
well that sucks. so cyanogen mod is the only good ROM for LG Optimus 3D yet the 3D and hdmi port doesn't work. totally useless!

do other phone brands have more ROMS or what?

umirin

Jan 8, 2012
so the only point of using cyanogen mod is if you don't like the theme of froyo. which I agree is ugly. but you lose 3d and hdmi. so theme vs useful stuff.

can someone tell me if the stock gingerbread upgrade is worth it, or is it buggy still.

also can someone tell me a better way to backup texts and phone log. since someone in my other topic said titanium backup is not as good for that.

Markyzz

Jan 7, 2012
California
so the only point of using cyanogen mod is if you don't like the theme of froyo. which I agree is ugly. but you lose 3d and hdmi. so theme vs useful stuff.

can someone tell me if the stock gingerbread upgrade is worth it, or is it buggy still.

also can someone tell me a better way to backup texts and phone log. since someone in my other topic said titanium backup is not as good for that.

Have you read the other threads in this forum? It looks like all your questions are covered in different threads.

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA Premium App

umirin

Jan 8, 2012
Have you read the other threads in this forum? It looks like all your questions are covered in different threads.

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA Premium App
I was reading LG Optimus 3D forum before.

I see only seen negative things about stock gingerbread.

so you think it sucks too? bad battery life and buggy?

ryanbmw51

Jun 9, 2011
Winter Park, FL

There is an app in market called SMS backup and restore....free and awesome. Using it all the time.

Hit thanks button yo

sent from my tricked out Infuse 4G or Transformer Prime...

baudilus

Jan 29, 2011
in most cases the extra at&t bloatware were removed and different look to the rom (bootscreen status bar etc.)

Although "Thriller" is no longer under development, it has one very major thing going for it - the "HSDPA Category" is changed from 8 to 10. Apparently either AT&T or LG or both have decided that setting the "4G" to the fastest setting was too much for users to handle.

One I updated to Thriller ROM, my speeds over HSDPA more than tripled. Before, i was hard pressed to reach 2 Mbps download, now I average 6-7 Mbps.

I don't know if any of the other ROMs have also made this change.

umirin

Jan 8, 2012
Although "Thriller" is no longer under development, it has one very major thing going for it - the "HSDPA Category" is changed from 8 to 10. Apparently either AT&T or LG or both have decided that setting the "4G" to the fastest setting was too much for users to handle.

One I updated to Thriller ROM, my speeds over HSDPA more than tripled. Before, i was hard pressed to reach 2 Mbps download, now I average 6-7 Mbps.

I don't know if any of the other ROMs have also made this change.
is thriller gingerbread or froyo?

I still don't know if I should upgrade to gingerbread!

Kaleptik

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 3, 2009
www.acidhazardrom.com
-_____-
Do you know what MIUI is? I don't mean the ROM, I mean what the ROM is built for.

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA

Yes. I know what MIUI is. I've used it on my Samsung Galaxy 3 and Samsung Galaxy S II. I did not like it.

What's it built for? Be more specific. It depends on the OS version.
What is it? It's an overlay like Sense UI.

So yes, I'm pretty familiar with MIUI.
No. It's not easy to port to an LG device that has had its framework raped and destroyed.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    okay anything interesting about them then?

in most cases the extra at&t bloatware were removed and different look to the rom (bootscreen status bar etc.)
    I have fantastic battery life with CM7 now for some reason... before it would just drain my battery, but it looks like that its worked out in Nightly 37.
    Also I had switched from v10e to v10c, which I think is pretty much switching from stock AT&T to stock Rogers, then flashing cm7.
    I was out partying all weekend and had been to tired or drunk each night to even consider charging my phone and it lasted me all weekend... Monday morning was my first charge since Friday :D (and I use my phone A LOT)
    Honestly who uses 3D anyways? I've only used it to show it off.. so CM7 wasn't a loss with the 3D for me
    what is v10e and v10c?

what do you know about the other ROMS.

They're .kdz files which you use LG Updater Tools to flash the rom (some tricky **** honestly)
    I'm not sure why they have them in .kdz instead of .zip files but I'm assuming it somehow must be a better way to flash??

I've tried Thriller, Thrill Seeker, and Doomed and I didn't really like any of them..
    Personally I like to stick with anything based off of cm7 or cm7 itself.. it's well built.
    Is there now ;) is it the one you were telling me you were porting?

Yep. If I can get my Extended Power Menu finished, I'm done.
    Then all I'll need to get is themes and the 1% battery modification (easiest).

I'm not super amazing with code, so porting MIUI would take forever for me.

-_____-
    Do you know what MIUI is? I don't mean the ROM, I mean what the ROM is built for.

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA