Return to Stock 2.3.5 Fastboot SCRIPT

Search This thread

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010
*Do not use this if coming from ICS 4.0.4. Only use this if on 2.3.6 or below. *

http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Motorola_ATRIX_2_Developers/Return To stock 2.3.5/

Auto .bat that returns phone to stock 2.3.5 using Moto-fastboot comands, alternative to manual fastboot, and RSD.

Separate webtop.bat file to flash webtop, and return to stock.bat, to flash everything but webtop.

Boot phone into fastboot
Click on Stock_Restore.bat to flash stock 2.3.5 files minus webtop
Click on webtop.bat to flash webtop .img

Last edited:

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010
but would this downgrade from stock 2.3.6 stock ?

Yes it should, I used the Fastboot files listed on the noob guide, and this "How to flash the FXZ once applying the OTA update and get back to 2.3.5, ONCE YOU UPDATE TO THE OTS 2.3.6 YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO FLASH THE 2.3.5 FXZ WITHOUT FOLLOWING THESE STEPS BELOW!!

NOTE: Download this file HERE -
Unzip it and move all the the items in it to the stock fxz. You might get a warning about replacing files, just click OK. NOTE that Windows might not be able to handle the size of the fxz. I have 6 GB RAM but Windows still wasn't able to perform a drag-and-drop through the fxz's zip. I recommend that you just unzip the fxz and then put the files in. (You don't have to rezip it either, RSD Lite will still recognize it and will flash faster).

You should be able to use RSD Lite to flash the file.

THANKS TO COGEARY FOR THESE STEPS
" that's all there, so you should be able to flash over stock 2.3.6, boot into fastboot and run this

DarkJatrix

Jan 19, 2012
This worked perfect!!! I transferred the extra files and hit start and 10 minutes later my beautiful brick was alive again. Thanks

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

rob219

Jul 11, 2010
here and there
Google Pixel 7a
thanks alot for this. fixed my phone with it after an incident with the wrong framework-res.apk found my phone put me in a boot loop and had no other choice but to use this. again thanks this is a big help. not everything flashed successfully but it did work, and im back rooted and running a custom rom again. goodtimes!!!!

KEB64

Jan 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I've never had to flash a fxz either. So i'm not totally understanding it. Do we flash the zip from our sd card on our phones without a computer involved? Do we extract the zip first. I'm bewildered :banghead:

I don't have a windows box so none of that rsd stuff applies either. If this could work for me I'd be grateful to anybody for explaining it. Also, more willing to experiment haha.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

cogeary

Dec 5, 2011
New Orleans
I've never had to flash a fxz either. So i'm not totally understanding it. Do we flash the zip from our sd card on our phones without a computer involved? Do we extract the zip first. I'm bewildered :banghead:

I don't have a windows box so none of that rsd stuff applies either. If this could work for me I'd be grateful to anybody for explaining it. Also, more willing to experiment haha.

It's a Windows batch file that uses fastboot commands to flash the contents of an fxz to your phone. Since you're on Linux then it wouldn't work for you, but it wouldn't be hard to make a shell script adaptation of it.

KEB64

Jan 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Ah ha! More clues haha. I understand what your saying. I need to get that process down so I can have more confidence in my own development.

lkrasner

Apr 14, 2012
Brighton, MI
this is a set of windows command prompt commands that flashes a new system image using fastboot. useless on Linux. you could try to adapt it to run in linux terminal.

daavvis

Feb 19, 2012
dude i wrote a faulty 2.3.6 from asiaopps and u just saved my phone!!! thank you!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *Do not use this if coming from ICS 4.0.4. Only use this if on 2.3.6 or below. *

http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Motorola_ATRIX_2_Developers/Return To stock 2.3.5/

Auto .bat that returns phone to stock 2.3.5 using Moto-fastboot comands, alternative to manual fastboot, and RSD.

Separate webtop.bat file to flash webtop, and return to stock.bat, to flash everything but webtop.

Boot phone into fastboot
    Click on Stock_Restore.bat to flash stock 2.3.5 files minus webtop
    Click on webtop.bat to flash webtop .img
    worked flawlessly from 2.3.6 with the failed fastboot issue. nice work! thanls

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium
    i finally got this to work. i try to do the OTA update and it tells me i have to do a factory reset. i try to do the factory reset and i get this message. AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure) 0A.65 Invalid CG Version (CG: recovery)
    Use this only if you're on the ICS leak, and make sure your phone is in fastboot.

Either power off your phone, then hold down the vol dwn button and power on to enter fastboot or
    in your command prompt type "adb reboot bootloader"

run the bat file again and you should be good to go

Please edit this. This is for 2.3.6 only . You are going to get people bricked.
    You should be able to. Just put the script in the extracted 2.3.6 fxz folder. Let us know if it works..

Sent from my phone's mind

Hi, I have ventured to try it and if it works. :good:

so if I realized that when the process ends and when you restart, all good, but you have to re-enter bootmenu and then go to recovery and make the wipes again and be like new.