[Q] Need Help with M7 U

Search This thread

Merando

Jan 17, 2013
Hi Forum,

I'm a little stuck here, and before I break something I just ask for help.

device: HTC One M7 U (not UL!)

software status: I can access bootloader and recovery, the phone is not booting to android

what I want:
  1. a working rooted phone
  2. that's preferable google free
  3. with a fresh system (full replacement, there is a possibility it got compromised by a 3rd party: lost and "found" some time after)

when I start the phone the white "htc quietly brilliant" screen appears with red text at bottom "This build is for...", after 25 seconds the phone reboots into recovery mode

the phone was flashed with a custom mod before

phone got reflashed with a wrong CM version (maybe one for a M7 UL?)

I can't answer questions for the phone/mod history because I'm the new owner (nothing was paid, but not stolen either, so no problem there)
If there is a strong need for on of those questions I can try to get in touch with the old owner.

I have OSX and Windows 7, and can get access to linux machines. I don't compile stuff normally, but can get a build system running (with help of friends) if needed.

hope you can help me

thx

<EDIT>
I tried RUU_M7_U_JB_50_HTC_Europe_1.29.401.2_R_Radio_4A.14.3250.13_10.33.1150.01_release_311663_signed_2_4.exe but failed.
<\EDIT>

specs:

ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.3.1

bootloader screen:
tampered
unlocked
m7_u pvt ship s-on rh
hboot-1.44.0000
radio-4a.14.3250.13
opendsp-v26.120.274.0202
emmc-boot
may 4 2013,16:21:26:-1

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.14.3250.13
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.29.401.17
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) imei: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_u
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0711000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__M27
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4248mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT

Last edited:

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut

1- M7_U and M7_UL are the same (software wise), it's only missing the LTE hardware
===> anything for the M7_U/UL you can go ahead and flash (recovery, ROM, etc)

2- your recovery is seriously outdated, get TWRP (recommended at the moment due to 4.4 ROM compatibility):
===> 2.6.3.3: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7
===> 2.6.3.4: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7ul
check MD5, that site doesnt work with download managers

flash in bootloader:
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

3- you're S-On, so stay away from GPE 4.4 ROMs as they require S-OFF.

4- use "adb push <name of rom>.zip /data/media/0/" to get a rom.zip onto your phone, to be able to install it using TWRP

Reactions: Merando

xnknown

Jun 8, 2013
i would suggest flashing 2.6.3.3 instead of 2.6.3.4 as the latter can have some issues with a 4.4.2 rom, after flashing recovery do a full wipe and sideload and flash ARHD 51.0(suggestion) as adb push is kinda buggy sometimes

Merando

Jan 17, 2013
thx, new TWRP helped a lot, I've just flashed a CM 10.2.1 to see if its working

now my question is:

How do I really clean the phone?

there is so much info out there, but either its too special without explanations or something different to what I need

Is there a way to delete everything (except bootloader) and make it new? (like formatting the partitions on a PC)

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut

now my question is:

there is so much info out there, but either its too special without explanations or something different to what I need

Is there a way to delete everything (except bootloader) and make it new? (like formatting the partitions on a PC)

Yes, in TWRP recovery WIPE -> Advanced WIPE, and select everything (Dalvik, System, Cache, Data, Internal Storage), that will wipe EVERYTHING including the ROM, so you'll need to adb push the ROM again, and install it again.

Reactions: Merando

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1- M7_U and M7_UL are the same (software wise), it's only missing the LTE hardware
    ===> anything for the M7_U/UL you can go ahead and flash (recovery, ROM, etc)

2- your recovery is seriously outdated, get TWRP (recommended at the moment due to 4.4 ROM compatibility):
    ===> 2.6.3.3: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7
    ===> 2.6.3.4: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7ul
    check MD5, that site doesnt work with download managers

flash in bootloader:
    fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot reboot-bootloader

3- you're S-On, so stay away from GPE 4.4 ROMs as they require S-OFF.

4- use "adb push <name of rom>.zip /data/media/0/" to get a rom.zip onto your phone, to be able to install it using TWRP

now my question is:

Yes, in TWRP recovery WIPE -> Advanced WIPE, and select everything (Dalvik, System, Cache, Data, Internal Storage), that will wipe EVERYTHING including the ROM, so you'll need to adb push the ROM again, and install it again.