ClockworkMod Recovery for Galaxy S (BETA BEWARE)

Search This thread

Koush

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 21, 2007
WARNING: From koush' IRC channel it seems this version may be (permanently?) bricking devices.
At the time of this writing only a single working flash has been reported, and several (full?) bricks.
--Chainfire

I just finished my recovery for Galaxy S. This requires some testing before I do the final release.

recovery.png

Recovery/Boot TAR download (do NOT extract):
http://bit.ly/czDrPC
932e5f7a9f09c9bc33b14a527f642933

Initramfs source: http://github.com/koush/i9000-leshak-initramfs/tree/koush

Installation instructions:
  1. Install Odin3 v1.0 (MAKE SURE THIS IS THE VERSION YOU USE)
  2. Start Odin3
  3. Press PDA
  4. Select the tar file (do NOT extract)
  5. Start phone into download mode.
  6. Press START to flash.
  7. After 20 seconds or so, phone should automatically reboot.

Please join #koush on irc.freenode.net to report bugs. I can't check all 4 XDA threads :)

Last edited:

_Opiate_

Jun 1, 2010
is it just me or does Odin3 not have a PDU button? better instructions please!?!?!

_Opiate_

Jun 1, 2010
I think he means press the "PDA" button for step 3. Becuase I have Odin3 version 1.0 and there is no "PDU" button.

P

pongothemagnificent

Guys dont flash it just yet, there's been temporary bricks, wait for koush to update regarding this matter.

alphadog00

Jun 29, 2010
How about a quick rundown of what this and app and Odin do? I can guess, but a little more info would help us new comers.

Thanks!

REAVER117

Feb 3, 2010
London, ON
Successfully flashed. nandroid backup just finished, got an error on the MD5 generation. Also the settings for the orientation sensor seems to have reset so the phone is always trying to switch to landscape.

Last edited:

psychoace

Apr 21, 2009
Opiate, not sure if this helps or not. I did a google search for

Odin_Multi_Downloader_v3.98.exe (if this is not the same as odin3 let me know and i will delete this post to not confuse others)

and i found a megaupload of the file. dont know if it's the newest or not but figured you could start there.

DON'T USE THAT ODIN PACKAGE. It is for older Samsung devices. It must say Odin3 v1.0 and not 3.98 or 4.30.

Top Liked Posts