Say thanks to your favourite developer(s)!

Search This thread

KeiranFTW

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
Okay, so you are told to press the thanks button when you want to say thanks. But sometimes you want to say more. So here, you can say thanks to a (bunch of) developer(s) of your choice :)

So first of all, I'm saying thanks to DooMLoRD, for always keeping me on my toes when it comes to kernel development. He is more experienced than I and if I need some help he will help me :)

Second, to the devs that have the R800x, because I truly do feel sorry for you guys. But with the limited resources Verizon provided you with, you have done a great job.

I also want to say thanks especially to paxChristos, who just became a team mate of mine. His determination to get something done is unbelievable, and if you do something well, he will thank you well for it.

Lastly, I want to say thanks to Sony, for the Official ICS beta, I think we are your beta testers now :) And to KalleD especially, for providing a link between unofficial and official developers, a strong one. Its a shame you can't give Verizon a good kick up the arse though.

Keiran

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ PLAY using Tapatalk 2

elspanish88

May 26, 2011
London
I would like to say thanks to you Keiron for all your efforts and hard work!! you've made some brilliant ROMs and kernals.

Also thanks to:
Pricey2009
Nicholtus
Atarii
DoomLord
Logseman
ICX
FXP

all for the same reason really if it wasn't for all these devs putting their time and efforts in for us (and for free!) we would be stuck on sony's firmware (Not saying its crap or anything - i just like to have more choice)

Last of all Thanks to Sony (again) for all their support towards the open source community!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Atarii

jaickyt

Apr 10, 2012
Mumbai
I specially want to thank pricey2009 for making it possible to use my favorite rom MIUI on my xplay..and offcourse doomlord and you Keiran for your awesome support for our device..cheers..

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

Logseman

Nov 22, 2010
Tenerife
logseman.svbtle.com
When I bought my Galaxy S, it was just the time when the phone's development picked up heavily. I started with the OCLF of Ryanza which made it faster than my brain could handle at first.

From there on I started to see what was happening around me. I saw the incredible Voodoo Project made by supercurio, which turned a good phone into a work of art, with its speed, color display and sound capabilities increased by several orders of magnitude.

And then I started following Darky. He was at first yet another theme/mod developer of the many, but then he started building something big. Passionate words, an insane update rhythm and a really cool look won me for his cause, and eventually for his tester team. His ROM grew so popular that he eventually has to create his own forum in order to manage the huge community built around it. I learned a lot of things as a tester, but what was most important is appreciating how Darky actually took a bunch of mostly clueless enthusiasts and turned them (us) into people able and willing to contribute in a fairly big measure, not because he taught us stuff directly, but because we all had to push ourselves to new reaches every day, in many aspects.

With that experience in mind, and now that a year is almost past, I can say that such knowledge, plus what I've learned, has made me not quite skilled as to be a developer (sorry, elspanish, I don't belong in that list :eek:) but really understanding and appreciative of what developing, and particularly troubleshooting, entails beyond code.

The developers and teams that have worked seriously on our phone have been already mentioned, so I won't repeat names. All I want to say is, if you're young and eager and you're thinking about starting to develop stuff for a phone, be it the Xperia Play or any other, by all means give it a try: maybe you won't make the ultimate content for your platform (although you should aim there!), maybe you won't earn more than a couple thanks in your bar (which is not your objective anyways), but you will learn a great lot, and especially you will learn things after typing the last line of code, which are the really useful and enriching ones.

Lots of love, good luck, and start your engines.

XPlay-Swype

Last edited:

netizenmt

Jan 20, 2011
Thanking the following devs, although I just KNOW I'll leave someone off my list accidently! :eek:

Supervenom - for bringing the AOKICS Beta 2.3b ROM to the table. (although that ICS Beta part was a bit misleading, since it's really CM)

KeiranFTW - especially for the 4/18/2012 ICS Kernel!

DooMLoRD - for ALL your kernels !!

paxChristos - For taking up where Chevyowner left off with the CDMA for CM9 dev

Chevyowner - Miss you, man

Leraeniesh - For GBTweaked of course and for trying with ICSTweaked.

FXP - you know why

Krabappel2548 - No wonder I forgot you at first; that's one heck of a name to remember. But not as bad as "Leraeneish" :p

Sony - but I wish you would kick some CDMA lovin' our way !! :rolleyes:

Anyone else who makes an effort to help out the R800x group - that crimson-follicled bairn of questionable parentage. :D

Last edited:

lightningdude

Oct 9, 2010
that crimson-follicled bairn of questionable parentage. :D

Stay classy, netizenmt. ;)

Honestly, I would be doing a great injustice to all who develop and aspire to become developers by listing individuals' names here. After all, in the spirit of open source, I'd have to start with Google, cyanogen, and to any other developer who's ever started a project that we've stolen borrowed from.

Instead of giving individual thanks, I'll tell a little story. My first android phone was an LG Ally. Not much in the way of a development scene there, but we had some incredibly awesome developers, Trident being the first and foremost, in my mind. Then I moved on to the Samsung Fascinate. If anyone has looked over in their section of XDA, development is still going strong. I still have my Fascinate, but I switched to the Play on an upgrade simply for its gamepad. (I don't need to tell you why, do I?) It was this phone that made me stop and really appreciate the development that goes on with a phone, especially one that was pretty much designed to prevent such things from happening. In fact, after seeing the dedication that this phone has gotten from all of the developers here, it's inspired me to start learning more about development and the Android's system, itself. I would be much more learned by now if I wasn't so lazy about reading up on the stuff. (However, if one of you developers is willing to take me on as an apprentice, hit me up!)

So not only do I thank the developers for this phone, but developers for every phone available. We can't forget the community, though. Despite it's few exceptions, this particular phone's community is very tight-knit and helpful, even when it comes to keeping the lulz coming.

Reactions: netizenmt

poo-tang

Nov 21, 2011
www.xperiagamer.com
Don't forget the people that started it all for play

Blagus (too much to mention)
Bin4ry (first recovery)(root)
+ The rest of the free Xperia team (CM)
Androxyde (flashtool)
Yifanlu (PSXperia)
Thomassafca (themes)
Frasertag (first custom Rom)
Sony Ericsson (the best phone/handheld game console)

+ more

Some people Mentioned already

Doom (Kernals)
ICX team (ice everything)
Of course Kieran FTW (darkforest)

+ loads more

Big respect to all that made the play what it is today

Don't forget Big No thanks to the worst thread that this forum section has ever seen made by dude above (my play has Hdmi) :) glad that has vanished :)

Sent from my LT26i using XDA

Last edited:
Reactions: UndisputedGuy

tixo-tixo

Mar 4, 2012
thessaloniki
thanks to

i would like to say thanks to retard and dzo they are my favorite developers since they develop staf for my phone. so thank you guyz keep up the good work!

CTU_Loscombe

Apr 4, 2010
Sunderland
I'm gonna say thanks to everybody...
Not just the devs but every user on this site, the creators of this place and anyone who has helped me or given me advice.
Everyone is nice (well, can't judge tone of voice via text :)) and helpful

Corny as it may sound, this is the best forum I've used and the XDA app is my most used by far

Keep up the good work devs :)

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

captain67

May 23, 2011
Aldergrove
Not everyone on my list is necessarily a developer, some are just helpful people.

I would like to thank;

Bin4ry and Androxhyde, for the ever-so-useful flashtool.

DooMLorD, for his awesome kernels and quality of work despite working on so many devices simultaneously, and his one-click script for the ZergRush root exploit.

KeiranFTW, for taking the time during his busy school life to make great roms, and accompanying kernels. Also a great tweak app.

Blagus, for his work regarding bootloader unlocking and the Omnius program.

Alejandrissimo, for helping people unlock their phones remotely using his SETool dongle, and not even turning a real profit.

pvyparts, for his work with the locked bootloader CWM installer, and the T.E.A.M. ROM

Yifanlu for his native PS emulator work.

Paul for his n64 emulator, which is the only one to use the touchpads correctly

Iridaki, for their work with T.E.A.M. and themed apps.

Nabeel_Nabs, for his great ICS theme.

Thomassafca, for his AWESOME themes for both gingerbread and ICS

paxChristos for his work with the Verizon (cdma) models

Logseman, for helping noobs learn about Android and the xperia play.

AndroHero, also for helping people learn how to do cool things with their phones

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away

Last edited:

neverwinter

Oct 4, 2007
Thanks... to those who contributed in making the XPlay a more useable phone... especially for PSX games... shez, when are they going to expand the Playstation suite? Maybe never?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, so you are told to press the thanks button when you want to say thanks. But sometimes you want to say more. So here, you can say thanks to a (bunch of) developer(s) of your choice :)

So first of all, I'm saying thanks to DooMLoRD, for always keeping me on my toes when it comes to kernel development. He is more experienced than I and if I need some help he will help me :)

Second, to the devs that have the R800x, because I truly do feel sorry for you guys. But with the limited resources Verizon provided you with, you have done a great job.

I also want to say thanks especially to paxChristos, who just became a team mate of mine. His determination to get something done is unbelievable, and if you do something well, he will thank you well for it.

Lastly, I want to say thanks to Sony, for the Official ICS beta, I think we are your beta testers now :) And to KalleD especially, for providing a link between unofficial and official developers, a strong one. Its a shame you can't give Verizon a good kick up the arse though.

Keiran

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ PLAY using Tapatalk 2
    When I bought my Galaxy S, it was just the time when the phone's development picked up heavily. I started with the OCLF of Ryanza which made it faster than my brain could handle at first.

From there on I started to see what was happening around me. I saw the incredible Voodoo Project made by supercurio, which turned a good phone into a work of art, with its speed, color display and sound capabilities increased by several orders of magnitude.

And then I started following Darky. He was at first yet another theme/mod developer of the many, but then he started building something big. Passionate words, an insane update rhythm and a really cool look won me for his cause, and eventually for his tester team. His ROM grew so popular that he eventually has to create his own forum in order to manage the huge community built around it. I learned a lot of things as a tester, but what was most important is appreciating how Darky actually took a bunch of mostly clueless enthusiasts and turned them (us) into people able and willing to contribute in a fairly big measure, not because he taught us stuff directly, but because we all had to push ourselves to new reaches every day, in many aspects.

With that experience in mind, and now that a year is almost past, I can say that such knowledge, plus what I've learned, has made me not quite skilled as to be a developer (sorry, elspanish, I don't belong in that list :eek:) but really understanding and appreciative of what developing, and particularly troubleshooting, entails beyond code.

The developers and teams that have worked seriously on our phone have been already mentioned, so I won't repeat names. All I want to say is, if you're young and eager and you're thinking about starting to develop stuff for a phone, be it the Xperia Play or any other, by all means give it a try: maybe you won't make the ultimate content for your platform (although you should aim there!), maybe you won't earn more than a couple thanks in your bar (which is not your objective anyways), but you will learn a great lot, and especially you will learn things after typing the last line of code, which are the really useful and enriching ones.

Lots of love, good luck, and start your engines.

XPlay-Swype
    I would like to say thanks to you Keiron for all your efforts and hard work!! you've made some brilliant ROMs and kernals.

Also thanks to:
    Pricey2009
    Nicholtus
    Atarii
    DoomLord
    Logseman
    ICX
    FXP

all for the same reason really if it wasn't for all these devs putting their time and efforts in for us (and for free!) we would be stuck on sony's firmware (Not saying its crap or anything - i just like to have more choice)

Last of all Thanks to Sony (again) for all their support towards the open source community!!
    that crimson-follicled bairn of questionable parentage. :D

Stay classy, netizenmt. ;)

Honestly, I would be doing a great injustice to all who develop and aspire to become developers by listing individuals' names here. After all, in the spirit of open source, I'd have to start with Google, cyanogen, and to any other developer who's ever started a project that we've stolen borrowed from.

Instead of giving individual thanks, I'll tell a little story. My first android phone was an LG Ally. Not much in the way of a development scene there, but we had some incredibly awesome developers, Trident being the first and foremost, in my mind. Then I moved on to the Samsung Fascinate. If anyone has looked over in their section of XDA, development is still going strong. I still have my Fascinate, but I switched to the Play on an upgrade simply for its gamepad. (I don't need to tell you why, do I?) It was this phone that made me stop and really appreciate the development that goes on with a phone, especially one that was pretty much designed to prevent such things from happening. In fact, after seeing the dedication that this phone has gotten from all of the developers here, it's inspired me to start learning more about development and the Android's system, itself. I would be much more learned by now if I wasn't so lazy about reading up on the stuff. (However, if one of you developers is willing to take me on as an apprentice, hit me up!)

So not only do I thank the developers for this phone, but developers for every phone available. We can't forget the community, though. Despite it's few exceptions, this particular phone's community is very tight-knit and helpful, even when it comes to keeping the lulz coming.
    Don't forget the people that started it all for play

Blagus (too much to mention)
    Bin4ry (first recovery)(root)
    + The rest of the free Xperia team (CM)
    Androxyde (flashtool)
    Yifanlu (PSXperia)
    Thomassafca (themes)
    Frasertag (first custom Rom)
    Sony Ericsson (the best phone/handheld game console)

+ more

Some people Mentioned already

Doom (Kernals)
    ICX team (ice everything)
    Of course Kieran FTW (darkforest)

+ loads more

Big respect to all that made the play what it is today

Don't forget Big No thanks to the worst thread that this forum section has ever seen made by dude above (my play has Hdmi) :) glad that has vanished :)

Sent from my LT26i using XDA