Phone constantly not sending texts

Search This thread

wyckedsyko

Feb 7, 2012
Like my phone is constantly giving me the text could not be sent. atleast 1 out of 5 times in my room. I have 1-3bars almost always 3. Anything I can do to fix this? I am using stock messenger app. I am rooted if that matters. No custom rom running.

slayer621

Dec 12, 2011
Like my phone is constantly giving me the text could not be sent. atleast 1 out of 5 times in my room. I have 1-3bars almost always 3. Anything I can do to fix this? I am using stock messenger app. I am rooted if that matters. No custom rom running.

Does it send fine in places that are NOT your room? I know my house was made with stucco (I think) and the metal grid that had to be laid down to spray the stucco on causes me to get virtually no signal. Moving outside, I get full bars.

redsox985

Aug 30, 2011
PA
I would call *228 (assuming you're on VZW) and select option 1. Then call back after and select 2. This has helped me before (way back in my LG Dare days).

doogald

May 27, 2010

Bars aren't always a good indicator of signal. Settings->About phone->Status - look at "Signal strength". If you are more negative than about -100 dBm, you do not have a very good signal.

redsox985

Aug 30, 2011
PA
Bars aren't always a good indicator of signal. Settings->About phone->Status - look at "Signal strength". If you are more negative than about -100 dBm, you do not have a very good signal.

Personally, this is why I like a ROM to have text signal display. The difference between -100 and -110 is incredible.