[Q] no imei num on xolo q800 ..help

Search This thread

DevilQ

Apr 20, 2013
i accidently erased my imei num on my xolo q800 ..now then i check for the imei num on my phone by tying *#06# im getting the word "invalid" instead of my imei num...plz do help me on how to write my imei num ..

DevilQ

Apr 20, 2013
thanks for the reply kamal 882
when i connect my phone n open the mtk driod file im gettin an error saying that "it is impossible to start ADB"

DevilQ

Apr 20, 2013
n when i open tht adb installer my device is getting detected as htc android ADB interface...n when i click on install it says driver already installed ..

DevilQ

Apr 20, 2013
sir i just got to know tht i have deleted not just the imei number but the entire baseband verison itself...help

avinash@1

Aug 25, 2008
Mumbai
Do not post tools that can change the IMEI. Changing the IEMI is illegal and not allowed to be talked about on XDA

Wayne Tech Nexus

Dear ADMIN Sir... There may be chances when a user (like me) is facing a problem of IMEI number upon changing ROM and not able to get it back. Can't we suggest to use original IMEIs but share some ways to shoot the trouble?

:(

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Dear ADMIN Sir... There may be chances when a user (like me) is facing a problem of IMEI number upon changing ROM and not able to get it back. Can't we suggest to use original IMEIs but share some ways to shoot the trouble?

:(

No rom should ever mess with the IMEI. Also with the proper backups you should not have to worry about it.

You can share ways to trouble shoot it happening but no, no tools or how to will be allowed.

avinash@1

Aug 25, 2008
Mumbai
No rom should ever mess with the IMEI. Also with the proper backups you should not have to worry about it.

You can share ways to trouble shoot it happening but no, no tools or how to will be allowed.

Sir, this "should" is a very interesting word. Yes, no ROM should.. but there are ROMS and I am a victim of such a problem. Forget everything else when I myself am victim of XOLO Q800 Stock ROM which fails to recognise my IMEIs every single time as that needs to be pushed by SP Flash Tool.

The more interesting part is - so far as I have tried my luck - Backup in CWM also fails every-single-time whenever I tried to recover. However, this has helped me build a practice of backing up my ROM every Sunday (but for what?).

Now please tell me how can a noob user like me benefit from such a great resource like XDA in a case like this? For everything else, Yes, I do love XDA since 2008 ever since I joined as it is indeed an unparalleled resource.

I wish 'admin' gets my point, if not what I said in words. Please accept my sincere thanks for that in advance.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Sir, this "should" is a very interesting word. Yes, no ROM should.. but there are ROMS and I am a victim of such a problem. Forget everything else when I myself am victim of XOLO Q800 Stock ROM which fails to recognise my IMEIs every single time as that needs to be pushed by SP Flash Tool.

The more interesting part is - so far as I have tried my luck - Backup in CWM also fails every-single-time whenever I tried to recover. However, this has helped me build a practice of backing up my ROM every Sunday (but for what?).

Now please tell me how can a noob user like me benefit from such a great resource like XDA in a case like this? For everything else, Yes, I do love XDA since 2008 ever since I joined as it is indeed an unparalleled resource.

I wish 'admin' gets my point, if not what I said in words. Please accept my sincere thanks for that in advance.

See here is the issue. Editing the IMEI in any way is illegal in most of the world and in so such, no threads about editing the imei are allowed on xda. My advise would be to search other forums on this. Other then formatting the whole device and flashing a stock ROM. That is the only advise I can give you. After reading this I researched it a bit my self and seems devices with this chipset are known to have this issue.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk