Vancouver
SGP511 - Xperia Z2 TABLET WIFI - GENERIC CA FTF FILE

Android version: 4.4.2
Build number: 17.1.1.A.0.402
Tablet Software Version: 1278-4514_17.1.1.A.0.402 WIFI User
File System Version: GLOBAL_WIFI16G_17.1.1.A.0.402
Customization Version: 1281-7810_R5A
Branding: Generic CA (unbranded)

Note: I've tested this on mine and it seems fine, would appreciate if anyone else can test it to reconfirm, thank you.
Note 2: DO NOT CROSS FLASH THIS WITH THE LTE XPERIA Z2 TABLET. This is made for the WIFI verison of Xperia Z2 Tablet ONLY.

Downloads

Note: Sorry for so many different parts, stupid box does not allow me to upload large files.
Note 2: There are a total of 5 files, please download them all then unzip them with winrar.

Last edited:

bacon612

Jan 9, 2012
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
OnePlus 8 Pro

Note: I've tested this on mine and it seems fine, would appreciate if anyone else can test it to reconfirm, thank you.
Note 2: DO NOT CROSS FLASH THIS WITH THE LTE XPERIA Z2 TABLET. This is made for the WIFI verison of Xperia Z2 Tablet ONLY.

Downloads

Note: Sorry for so many different parts, stupid box does not allow me to upload large files.
Note 2: There are a total of 5 files, please download them all then unzip them with winrar.

Any chance someone still has this ftf? I borked my z2 tab today and was looking for the latest firmware to flash that is still rootable. Think this is it. Endpoint will be running cm11 or cm12.

LitoNi

May 5, 2012
Vancouver

bacon612

Jan 9, 2012
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
OnePlus 8 Pro
download this buddy: XperiFirm ~ Xperia Firmware Downloader & Checker [v3.1]

no one uploads stock ftf files anymore, it can all be downloaded from that software :highfive:

Thank you for this. I managed to get a Chinese 402 fimware downloaded, created an ftf out of it and flashed it successfully. Would be more helpful if this wasn't a Chinese build but its a start.

Edit: I chose 402 as its the latest firmware that is supported by doomlord root and recovery. The endpoint is to be back on CM11/12. Having a tough time as im not able to boot to recovery from the Chinese build. Also seems that there is a possible hardware issue as I am having intermittant connectivity issues with the tablet. It seems to come in and out of flash mode on its own in the flashtool. I am trying to flash a different firmware but it wont stay in flash mode long enough for the firmware flash to complete successfully. Pretty frustrating. I noticed this usb issue while using chargers over the last month or so too. Tablet would show that it was charging for a second then not charging intermittently. I thought it could be rom related which inspired the want to ftf back to stock but i think that there is something physically wrong with this tab now. Shame as its only six months old and was barely used.

Last edited:

LitoNi

May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Thank you for this. I managed to get a Chinese 402 fimware downloaded, created an ftf out of it and flashed it successfully. Would be more helpful if this wasn't a Chinese build but its a start.

Edit: I chose 402 as its the latest firmware that is supported by doomlord root and recovery. The endpoint is to be back on CM11/12. Having a tough time as im not able to boot to recovery from the Chinese build. Also seems that there is a possible hardware issue as I am having intermittant connectivity issues with the tablet. It seems to come in and out of flash mode on its own in the flashtool. I am trying to flash a different firmware but it wont stay in flash mode long enough for the firmware flash to complete successfully. Pretty frustrating. I noticed this usb issue while using chargers over the last month or so too. Tablet would show that it was charging for a second then not charging intermittently. I thought it could be rom related which inspired the want to ftf back to stock but i think that there is something physically wrong with this tab now. Shame as its only six months old and was barely used.

wooo bad luck buddy, you should take it back to sony while you still got the chance (under warranty). If you have saved the DRM keys before unlocking the bootloader, you should relock it and flash a stock ftf (Canadian version). i dont know why the OP link doesnt work. but i had just checked my box account and the files are still there the .402 one

SGP511 Wifi Generic CA .402: https://app.box.com/s/o3webtra06yvet2zuva47vka3h981s4l
if the link does not work you either have to create a Box account or give me your email. i dont know why Box is like this.

gl buddy :highfive:

Last edited:
Reactions: bacon612

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Android version: 4.4.2
    Build number: 17.1.1.A.0.402
    Tablet Software Version: 1278-4514_17.1.1.A.0.402 WIFI User
    File System Version: GLOBAL_WIFI16G_17.1.1.A.0.402
    Customization Version: 1281-7810_R5A
    Branding: Generic CA (unbranded)

Downloads

Any chance someone still has this ftf? I borked my z2 tab today and was looking for the latest firmware to flash that is still rootable. Think this is it. Endpoint will be running cm11 or cm12.

download this buddy: XperiFirm ~ Xperia Firmware Downloader & Checker [v3.1]

no one uploads stock ftf files anymore, it can all be downloaded from that software :highfive:
    Yes! It works for me :D Device from SG

wooo bad luck buddy, you should take it back to sony while you still got the chance (under warranty). If you have saved the DRM keys before unlocking the bootloader, you should relock it and flash a stock ftf (Canadian version). i dont know why the OP link doesnt work. but i had just checked my box account and the files are still there the .402 one

SGP511 Wifi Generic CA .402: https://app.box.com/s/o3webtra06yvet2zuva47vka3h981s4l
    if the link does not work you either have to create a Box account or give me your email. i dont know why Box is like this.

gl buddy :highfive: