[Q] Recovery (CM or TWRP) for LS980

Search This thread

DFWDraco76

Mar 10, 2009
Dallas, TX
I've got the Sprint LG G2 LS980. Yesterday I was able to root my phone using ioroot22 http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48709232&postcount=869&nocache=1&z=4196684400085360. But I've not been able to find a version of ClockworkMod or TWRP that is compatible with the ls980. Obviously I'm missing something - there wouldn't be a whole group dedicated to the development of ls980 ROMs if there was no way to flash them... I tried GooManager (Install OpenRecoveryScript), "No recoveries were found for your device". I tried Flashify: TWRP - "No recovery was found for your device"; CWM: "No recovery was found for your device". I've tried searching the forums and googling in general and am coming up empty... What am I missing? :confused:

Thanks for your help in advance!

DFWDraco76

Mar 10, 2009
Dallas, TX

Thanks! I'm not sure what to do with that now.... :/

I tried following the instructions at http://www.droidviews.com/root-and-...lg-g2-verizon-att-sprintt-mobile-bell-rogers/, substituting the recovery.img file you linked to instead of the one they reference in the twrp section, but it tells me "Input file is not a Loki image."

Are there any FAQs or wikis on how to do this stuff? I've never had this much trouble rooting and flashing roms on a phone before.

DFWDraco76

Mar 10, 2009
Dallas, TX
Thanks, I've got it working!

I'm having trouble with the power+volume down to boot recovery from a power off state... I've found I can reboot into recovery via flashify - but is there a simpler way? When I try the power+volume down, I still get the sprint logo, no matter how I try...

Mikkey81

May 10, 2010
Milwaukee
goo.gl
Thanks, I've got it working!

I'm having trouble with the power+volume down to boot recovery from a power off state... I've found I can reboot into recovery via flashify - but is there a simpler way? When I try the power+volume down, I still get the sprint logo, no matter how I try...

You can't be plugged in first of all.
Hold volume down and power until you see the LG LOGO let go and press volume down and power again.
It'll go to a factory reset screen which isn't going to factory reset but rather boot you into recovery.

Hit power 3 times.
And now your in recovery.

You can use xposed ( google xposed framework) install something like G2 xposed from the market get it all set up in xposed and reboot.
You should be able to set the option in g2 exposed to set an advanced power menu.

federalli

Nov 18, 2014
hope this helps if you havent figured it out already or for future reference

i've got the sprint lg g2 ls980. Yesterday i was able to root my phone using ioroot22 http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48709232&postcount=869&nocache=1&z=4196684400085360. But i've not been able to find a version of clockworkmod or twrp that is compatible with the ls980. Obviously i'm missing something - there wouldn't be a whole group dedicated to the development of ls980 roms if there was no way to flash them... I tried goomanager (install openrecoveryscript), "no recoveries were found for your device". I tried flashify: Twrp - "no recovery was found for your device"; cwm: "no recovery was found for your device". I've tried searching the forums and googling in general and am coming up empty... What am i missing? :confused:

Thanks for your help in advance!

all you need to do is download a bad ass program called freegee in the play store, it will automatically detect your phone brand and model and then install either cwm or twrp on your device for you...ive personally used this program for a while now and i own an ls980 and confirm that twrp works wonderful on there....another good program also is twrp manager root from the play store, which allows easy boot to recovery and other useful options....hope this helps..

Top Liked Posts