ClockworkMod Recovery 4.0.0.9 for the T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide (MoDaCo edition)

Search This thread

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
Cool! I got a myTouch 4G Slide!

Not cool! No ClockworkMod recovery!

Solution! Make my own.

:)

You must have a 'S-OFF' device to install this recovery image!

Here is my unofficial MoDaCo build of ClockworkMod for the T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide / aka HTC Doubleshot. In order to flash this recovery, you need to have temproot or permanent root via Fr3evo (grab from here, push to /data/local, run via ADB then reconnect after it drops your connection for root access). If you need ADB, you can grab it here.

You use this image at your own risk! Proceed with caution!

To install, simply...

• Download the ClockworkMod image file from here
  • Copy the file to /data/local ('adb push doubleshot.clockworkmod.4.0.0.9.modaco.img /data/local')
  • Write the image to the recovery partition ('dd if=/data/local/doubleshot.clockworkmod.4.0.0.9.modaco.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21')
  • Do a recovery reboot to test ('adb reboot recovery').
That's it! :)

P

raycaster3

Apr 17, 2011
S.Ogden

Solution! Make my own.

Here is my unofficial MoDaCo build of ClockworkMod for the T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide / aka HTC Doubleshot. In order to flash this recovery, you need to have temproot or permanent root via Fr3evo (grab from here, push to /data/local, run via ADB then reconnect after it drops your connection for root access). If you need ADB, you can grab it here.

To install, simply...

• Copy the file to /data/local ('adb push doubleshot.clockworkmod.4.0.0.9.modaco.img /data/local')
  • Write the image to the recovery partition ('dd if=/data/local/doubleshot.clockworkmod.4.0.0.9.modaco.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21')

P

Thanks for this! Man I wish I had mine in my hands already! I'm gonna give this a shot as soon as it arrives

Sent from my demonSPEED Glacier

masker2011

Jul 31, 2011

Solution! Make my own.

To install, simply...

P

what does this means 'dd if=/data/local/doubleshot.clockworkmod.4.0.0.9.modaco.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21'

michaelmab88

Nov 9, 2010
Bentonville
That line of code just copies the recovery image from a directory on the phone to the special place where a recovey image is supposed to be.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA App

Last edited:
Reactions: masker2011

cberbes

Sep 9, 2009
Crossing my fingers that someone finds a way to get S-off on these. I'm too spoiled with CM7, I forgot what it's like to have a "stock" phone that you can't delete unwanted apps, overclock, tweak, etc.

I think I might just box up the MTS4G and continue to use my G2 until true root is available.

Reactions: paperskye

Akujin

Aug 3, 2009
Maui, HI
Sony Xperia 5 II
what does this means 'dd if=/data/local/doubleshot.clockworkmod.4.0.0.9.modaco.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21'

Specifically this command is a raw linux command that would work on almost any machine. It's telling the dd utility to copy the img file to the /dev/ mount in the specific block mmcblk0p21.

Every partition is grouped into blocks. Usually 512kbytes but it could be something else.

blackknightavalon

Feb 1, 2009
Somewhere in NYC
Crossing my fingers that someone finds a way to get S-off on these. I'm too spoiled with CM7, I forgot what it's like to have a "stock" phone that you can't delete unwanted apps, overclock, tweak, etc.

I think I might just box up the MTS4G and continue to use my G2 until true root is available.

Are you forgetting the fact that the MT4GS is also a Sense phone? While I like Sense, the option to use regular old Android should always be there (I'm looking at YOU, Motorola).

OmsagroSylph

Sep 13, 2008
In the bounty thread it had been noted that that there is no on board charging circuit on the phone and that if certain factors do not exist in recovery then the phone can not charge.

I was wondering if this has affected you, out you have already compensated for this. If you have that issue resolved it may be of help to nbetcher and others looking to give us s-off.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA Premium App

electro_chef

Jul 1, 2010
I can't use the command dd if=/data/local/doubleshot.clockworkmod.4.0.0.9.modaco.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21

Whats the fix for that?

electro_chef

Jul 1, 2010
This line isn't working.

Is there a missing "ADB" or "ADB SHELL" that's supposed to go in front of the dd?

Or is this command supposed to be executed on the device itself?

I believe its suppose to be executed on the device, however if the device doesn't have root, than its useless.

You can use fastboot to flash it.

Kaczman

Aug 21, 2006
cleveland
I'm getting the same charging issue as everyone else.

If the phone is off, and you plug the charger in, the LED will light up. But the phone will not charge, it will freeze, and you must do a battery pull to get it to boot from that point.

Any idea for the fix?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Solution! Make my own.

To install, simply...

P
    If you're already rooted with s-off and want to update your recovery, but are like me and don't have access to ADB or don't know how to use it, here's how you can update to the 4.0.0.9 recovery:

1. Download Recovery 4.0.0.9 from Modaco's website
    2. Using Root Explorer, find the file in your downloads folder on the sdcard.
    3. Paste the recovery img file into your phone's /data/local folder.
    4. In terminal emulator, first type "su" and then type "'dd if=/data/local/doubleshot.clockworkmod.4.0.0.9.modaco.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21" and let it transfer the recovery file.

Simple as that!
    Just reposting for UndeadK9.....

If you're already rooted with s-off and want to update your recovery, but are like me and don't have access to ADB or don't know how to use it, here's how you can update to the 4.0.0.9 recovery:

1. Download Recovery 4.0.0.9 from Modaco's website
    2. Using Root Explorer, find the file in your downloads folder on the sdcard.
    3. Paste the recovery img file into your phone's /data/local folder.
    4. In terminal emulator, first type "su" and then type "'dd if=/data/local/doubleshot.clockworkmod.4.0.0.9.modaco.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21" and let it transfer the recovery file.

Simple as that!
    That line of code just copies the recovery image from a directory on the phone to the special place where a recovey image is supposed to be.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA App