[ROM][ICS] Team Eos ICS 2.0.0 [Updated 2012/4/27]

Search This thread

Warell

Jan 4, 2011
Just installed this ROM last night and its awesome! Much better than standard ICS!
Only thing ive noticed is its eating up my battery like hell!
I had it fully charged this morning and only used it lightly and its already dropped to 49%... usually by now it would still be around 80%.
I checked the battery in settings and it says that 'media' has used up 55% of my battery. When I click on 'media' it says CPU total 4h and keep awake 9h.
Is there something I can do to change this? It looks a little odd to me...and at this rate ill be charging my xoom everyday instead of every 3 days like before :(

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

It is eating up my battery too. I already tried to do what another members told, and see the system monitor, but nothing can explain why the "Android System" is using more than 60% of the battery.

CPU Spy show my xoom always working at 216mhz, and never going to deep sleep.

I tried to install the nightly 102 but the problem remain. For now, I reverted back to nightly 90, and the problem stopped for good.

LPHS

Feb 6, 2011
Hyderabad
Are you guys looking to implement the theme engine to eos from cm9 anytime soon

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

logger

Dec 11, 2007
It is eating up my battery too.....

CPU Spy show my xoom always working at 216mhz, and never going to deep sleep.
Battery life is fine for me on EOS2. Have you guys with poor battery life checked your system>performance >governor setting to ensure it is not set to powersave or performance either of which, as I understand it will preclude deep sleep.

Last edited:

burt_ie

Jan 9, 2012
I switched over from EOS 2.0 to the nightly builds and battery life seems to have improved a bit :)
Maybe I need to give it a good test run for a few days first.

About the system>performance >governor settings, where can I find more information about these settings as I would like to learn more about it.

logger

Dec 11, 2007
About the system>performance >governor settings, where can I find more information about these settings as I would like to learn more about it.
Have to laugh - I asked the same question and was told in no uncertain terms to go Google it. I had naively thought knowledge of how this inbuilt feature works would of interest to Team Eos ICS 2 users.

Have a look at post #717 where you will see a brief summary of what I could work out. But we are all far too busy to discuss it - so dont ask how it works around here :rolleyes:

Reactions: volcan96

Mjamocha

Jul 2, 2010
Blacked Out This Awesome ROM

I Blacked Out This Awesome EOS ROM, I likey!
(It's still a little flat so, it's a work in progress.) :cool:

Last edited:

matheprat

Jan 2, 2006
I love the shortcut options for apps in the system bar, but I've noticed they don't work when the keyboard is active. Instead, the closest keyboard key is pressed instead. Is there a fix? Thanks

dkahs23

Aug 10, 2011
I Blacked Out This Awesome EOS ROM, I likey!

To bad Team EOS doesn't send you an invite to join the team... You have skills. You bring the graphics side to the table. don't know what else your capable of. But your work is great.

Team EOS get this man a chair at the round table...

draikz

Nov 17, 2010
Texas
Do you FLASH google applications or just the rom and install the google apps manually after you boot into your phone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sE85.png

Motorola Xoom | Asus Transformer | Asus Transformer Prime

Welcome to the evolution of Tiamat XOOM.

With the AOSP release of Android 4.0 begins the next dawn of the Android operating system. And with this release comes Team EOS, the natural evolution of the TiamatXOOM development team.

It is the goal of Team EOS to develop and maintain the highest performing and most stable AOSP based rom for an array of platforms. The launching point for this development effort is the Motorola XOOM.

For the latest news on Team EOS Xoom releases make sure you follow @teameos on twitter and on IRC on Freenode in #xoom.

EOS Xoom is an AOSP based rom. It is developed and maintained by Team EOS and is the culmination of our own in house development efforts.

Installation notes
    1. Download the correct rom for your device.
    2. Download the google applications package
    3. Place these two files on your sdcard, or somewhere where your chosen recovery image can access them
    4. If you're not flashing from an EOS nightly build, you will need to perform a factory rest within recovery (wiping /data and /cache)
    5. Install the rom by selecting the zip file through the menus.
    6. Install the google applications package IMMEDIATELY after.
    7. Reboot your device and have fun with ICS

Features
    • Tiamat 3.0.15 gpu overclocked kernel
    • AOSP 4.0.4 based rom
    • Busybox
    • USB OTG support
    • Automatic mounting of FAT32 thumb drives
    • Automatic mounting of NTFS thumb drives with write support (doesn't work for everyone)
    • Enable / Disable stock ICS status bar settings
    • Enable / Disable EOS ics status bar settings
    • Enable / Disable Battery percentage text in the status bar
    • Enable / Disable battery icon in the status bar
    • Enable / Disable rotation on the lockscreen
    • User friendly overclocking settings that will detect if the tablet has restarted too often, and disables the overclocking
    • Enable / Disable the automatic brightness to decrease the brightness level
    • Enable / Disable the charging light
    • Define Rotation angles (Full, 90 Deg, 180 Deg, 270 Deg)
    • Face unlock
    • Face unlock retry button on the lockscreen.
    • Last accessed time and date in Browser history
    • Wifi Direct
    • Ability to hide the status bar
    • Show development settings in the browser by default
    • Ability to show and hide the clock in the status bar
    • Lockscreen actions
    • Statusbar clock can have its colour changed
    • Statusbar can have its colour changed

Screenshots

Downloads (also available in Goo Manager)

Google Applications (Required for all devices)

Wifi Xoom (wingray / MZ604)
    US 4G Xoom (stingray / MZ602)
    EU 3G Xoom (umts_everest / MZ601)
    US 3G Xoom (stingray_cdma / MZ600)

Source code

Old releases
    Moved to new thread

Developer Overlay has moved to Tegra Hardware And Feature Implementation
    2.0.0 is out
    do you have to flash GAPPS when coming from EOS 1.0.0?! :confused:

Take a chill pill dude. Let me try to be clear here. We are not in the gapps business. Gapps is not our problem. We are in the AOSP business. If you take the time to actually read the instructions before flashing custom firmware on your expensive tablet, you would know the answer. The newest gapps only contains the minimum system apps that allow gapps to function. For anything else, go to the market. Or do what I do and make your own custom gapps pack.