Nexus 10 KitKat 4.4.(x) and later update information.

Search This thread

SeaFractor

Jun 16, 2011
SeaTac
UPDATE: Google is releasing new updates for KitKat at a very fast pace. It was first KitKat 4.4.1 KOT49E and now it's 4.4.2 KOT49H.

Pulled the OTA links I'd started, as it's a duplication of effort.

What the latest OTA links? Check here:http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33631568&postcount=1

Please feel free to post observations about the new versions of KitKat and also any problems you may have encountered.

I'll create some tables from the posts and update this post later with the results.

Last edited:

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
As you may have already heard, the Nexus 4, 5 and Nexus 7 2013 edition have both already started to receive KitKat 4.4.1.

I am hoping that we'll see this update also coming soon to both our N10 and the N7 legacy edition.

Other than camera improvements for the Nexus 5, there is little details as to what other bug fixes are included.

A new settings icon in quick settings! ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

bb709394

Mar 16, 2012
4.41 update fixes and new bug

oops, commented on wrong forum

Last edited:

nigelhealy

Aug 3, 2012
Preston
Well I'll do my usual now, I'll wait a month after it is out to let bugs "features" get drawn out and then do a stock install unroot and install apps myself not using google's backup-restore. That seems to get the best most stable fastest tablet end experience.

The only problem I have is buggy camera which might be the specific unit I have but I can live without that camera as I use my N4 for pics.

Dave08

Sep 30, 2010
South Dakota
Got the 4.4.1 OTA

The Update is coming to the Nexus 10 probably during this week, Latest build was submitted last thursday https://android.googlesource.com/device/samsung/manta/+/android-4.4.1_r1

My rooted, stock N10 with TWRP recovery downloaded the 4.4.1 update on 12/5. I haven't installed it yet since my last OTA (before I started using TWRP) didn't install correctly and I had to start over with a fresh factory image install; I don't have the time to mess with it now and Google hasn't posted the 4.4.1 factory image anyway. It surprised me to get the OTA, I thought that wouldn't happen when running a custom recovery.

Reactions: big_limits

VivaErBetis

Nov 26, 2006
Madrid (Spain)
My rooted, stock N10 with TWRP recovery downloaded the 4.4.1 update on 12/5. I haven't installed it yet since my last OTA (before I started using TWRP) didn't install correctly and I had to start over with a fresh factory image install; I don't have the time to mess with it now and Google hasn't posted the 4.4.1 factory image anyway. It surprised me to get the OTA, I thought that wouldn't happen when running a custom recovery.
Please, give us the name of the .zip file of the OTA. It's in \cache folder. Thanks.

Reactions: gzub

VivaErBetis

Nov 26, 2006
Madrid (Spain)
OTA installed without any problem using latest TWRP. Rooted also using latest SuperSU!
nexus10441.png

Last edited:
Reactions: secano

ash99

Mar 17, 2006
www.MobileLinuxNews.com
Quick $2c worth: Just updated via this method. Was initially trying to sideload with adb version 1.0.29 but was not having any luck '. Updated adb to v1.0.31 and it worked !

p.s. Using a Mac :)

maxal

Jan 17, 2012
Southampton
I have just updated using CWM which then gave me stock recovery so I flashed CWM recovery which flashed ok but when entering recovery mode I still had the stock recovery so I then tried TWRP which also gave me the same results.
Has anyone been able to flash a custom recovery and get it to work?

x4kep

Nov 13, 2013
I have just updated using CWM which then gave me stock recovery so I flashed CWM recovery which flashed ok but when entering recovery mode I still had the stock recovery so I then tried TWRP which also gave me the same results.

I'm too can't flash recovery, freezes on sending file.

VivaErBetis

Nov 26, 2006
Madrid (Spain)

I'm too can't flash recovery, freezes on sending file.
Try to flash the recover .img using Flashify:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cgollner.flashify

Top Liked Posts