Question on water damage indicator

Search This thread

fantus1

Jan 17, 2011
So I just got a z1s from T-Mobile and was looking under the flap on the right side of the phone and inside the flap on the bottom there is a little red square. I was wondering if that is the water damage indicator so I can go complain at the T-Mobile store if it is already "water damaged".

I have not gotten it wet at all since I got it, so hopefully everything will work out fine.

fantus1

Jan 17, 2011
Could it be just the Reset button ?

It's possible, it's a little red square, I'm not sure what the water indicator looks like but I remember reading about it turning red when exposed to water so when I opened the flap and saw a red spot my paranoidness started kicking in.

I'll go check the manual to see what the reset button looks like

Thanks

Edit: On a side note I'm loving this phone so far, almost bought a z ultra last year but figured I'd wait till ces and hope for a phone on tmobile and so far it's been great and now I can jump to the z2 if I want later this year, :)

Last edited:

limiter121

Dec 17, 2013
Here's how the Reset button looks on the Z1 and it should be similar, if not identical, on the Z1s.

Xperia-Z1-comes-with-Physical-Hard-Reset-Button-to-switch-it-Off-579x1024.jpg

nb31b

Jan 14, 2014
It's the reset button. I haven't even been able to find a water damage indicator under any of the flaps.

Of course there are some inside the phone. Almost every phone has some. But this will only show if there was some water inside the phone, not how it found his way inside. So Sony cannot tell you, that your ports where open when you dropped it in water.

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk

301stSpartan

Apr 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
there are no waterindicators like you have on the xz

I can almost guarantee you there is. I'll see what the official support docs say tomorrow and report back. Most likely its hidden in or around the SIM tray as it is with most battery internal phones

Not sure sure about the s, but on the z1 the inside/back of the flaps are white. These turn red if they get wet. The indicators are not on the phone body but rather on the flaps themselves.

Kirkymole

Jun 28, 2013
Swindon
Not sure sure about the s, but on the z1 the inside/back of the flaps are white. These turn red if they get wet. The indicators are not on the phone body but rather on the flaps themselves.

I'm curious now, I doubt what you've said is true as the flaps look the same as the ones off the Z in terms of material and composition, the Z flaps don't turn red, or mine would have looked like a car brake light.

301stSpartan

Apr 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
I'm curious now, I doubt what you've said is true as the flaps look the same as the ones off the Z in terms of material and composition, the Z flaps don't turn red, or mine would have looked like a car brake light.

Just going by what others here have said. Some have reported theirs turning red. Mine are white, and not about to test it

Kirkymole

Jun 28, 2013
Swindon
Just going by what others here have said. Some have reported theirs turning red. Mine are white, and not about to test it

I've just confirmed it, dripped a couple of drops of water out of a syringe onto the flap over the USB and the flap over the Sim tray, Nothing changed.

I was careful enough to make sure the phone was at such an angle that any water could not possibly get into the handset. And my warranty is already toast before anyone says how daft I was ;)

N

nerdfacenyan

Nope, small white square on the top front edge of the SIM card slot. Totally above the slide out with the IMEI information

dituvlad

Jul 3, 2012
Water damage indicators - Xperia Z1 (C6903)

20140829_083413.jpg

20140829_083250.jpg

Are those the water indicators on the z1 (c6903)?? i can`t find any water indicators and i don` t know if these are the correct one.
I used my xperia z1 on the pool more than 2 times and the last one i took it less than 5 minutes and now isn`t working anymore. with the flaps firmly closed... when opening the flaps to see if the water goes in, surprise, no single drop of water in any flaps. help me pls.. :(