[Q] VANIR & COMMOTIO bootloop

Search This thread

bokilenator

Feb 10, 2013
Pittsburgh
I've run into a problem flashing the VANIR & COMMOTIO rom for the e970. I was originally on slimkat beta 3.0, then I went to TWRP and wiped data, system, chache, and dalvik. Then I flashed B64-Commotio-geeb (the latest nightly) and finally I flashed standard Banks gapps 4.4.2. Now I rebooted, and my phone has been stuck on the bootup screen saying "COMMOTIO" for the last 2 hours.
I am pretty sure everything I did was right, but I'd appreciate it if someone pointed out a mistake or fix. I don't want to restore from nandroid if I don't have to.

bokilenator

Feb 10, 2013
Pittsburgh
Solved

I've run into a problem flashing the VANIR & COMMOTIO rom for the e970. I was originally on slimkat beta 3.0, then I went to TWRP and wiped data, system, chache, and dalvik. Then I flashed B64-Commotio-geeb (the latest nightly) and finally I flashed standard Banks gapps 4.4.2. Now I rebooted, and my phone has been stuck on the bootup screen saying "COMMOTIO" for the last 2 hours.
I am pretty sure everything I did was right, but I'd appreciate it if someone pointed out a mistake or fix. I don't want to restore from nandroid if I don't have to.

I ended up having to restore via Nandroid, then download an older nightly and flashing that. It worked, and now I can flash the new nightly with no problems. Weird that the newest nightly was unable to boot up alone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. commotio has had issues since 20th nightly
    2. Use up to 22nd for vanir
    3. Try march 01 of vanir without the kernel b64. Then try the kernel afterwards

Sent from my LG-E970