Wiping data reboots phone

Search This thread

ayeitschris

Jan 23, 2011
California
rom: 4.4 aokp
kernal: ktoonz

Hey guys, i need some help. i encountered a strange problem when flashing to a new rom from 4.4 AOKP. Before the problem happened, when entering recovery, it said:

E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

i wiped cache, reboot phone and it was gone. however, when proceeding to wipe data to flash new rom, the phone would reboot. managed to somehow fix the problem by restoring to a previous backup. backup went through but rebooted during data restore. everything was broken so went back to recovery and wiped data. this time wipe data worked, everything seemed fine so i thought. So i flashed cm11 m6, realized it was too bare for me, so i once again go back to recovery and wiped data to flash a new rom. it happened again. phone rebooted during data wipe.

im guessing i will have to odin back to stock to fix this problem. Last time i needed to use odin was at md5, so im a little rusty on some of the information about this knox thing. Using root66 version of UVUENC2 wont cause any problem for me correct? i will be able to still flash custom roms correct? odining to stock will not wipe my internal sd card correct?

Last edited:

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Odin will not wipe any user data. But if coming from cm/aosp you will have to factory reset. (Reset from stock recovery does wipe internal sd. From cwm/twrp internal sd is preserved).
You will trip the warranty bit if you flash recovery after updating to 4.3. This only matters if your device is still under warranty or if you care about it. Otherwise Knox is removed from all root66 and custom roms.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk