Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

joaonuno

May 8, 2012
Lisboa
Hi again
At first it seemed OK but not now.
Here is a log, I hope this is right as I'm no expert on this.
It was saved while I tried to replicate some issues: enabling and disabling WiFi (the app doesn't seem to respond to it) and disabling and then enabling the app witch results in a force close. After a reboot it also force closes on startup (not saved in log).
It seems to me that after leaving the first zone I'm in (cells and WiFi) the app doesn't work anymore. It was more or less the same that was happening with yesterday's version.
You said you've tested with no problems so I can accept that it can be something wrong here, don't want to bother you too much.
Thanks and regards

Attachments

• Log_2014-05-16_23-45-47.txt
    50.7 KB · Views: 4
D

Deleted member 267841

Hi
Just updated the app yesterday at night.
Please, update to it, it solves the issue with the manual Wi-Fi enable/disable and a -_-.
The correct apk is in the previous page.
Thanks for your time.
(No uninstall is needed)

Hi again
At first it seemed OK but not now.
Here is a log, I hope this is right as I'm no expert on this.
It was saved while I tried to replicate some issues: enabling and disabling WiFi (the app doesn't seem to respond to it) and disabling and then enabling the app witch results in a force close. After a reboot it also force closes on startup (not saved in log).
It seems to me that after leaving the first zone I'm in (cells and WiFi) the app doesn't work anymore. It was more or less the same that was happening with yesterday's version.
You said you've tested with no problems so I can accept that it can be something wrong here, don't want to bother you too much.
Thanks and regards

Reactions: joaonuno
D

Deleted member 267841

Uploaded to 2.0 PRE-RELEASE

Thanks!

Attachments

• WirelessManager-PR-1.apk
    963.9 KB · Views: 111
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: joaonuno

khy504011412

Sep 30, 2013
Great app! Thank you for your effort. But is it possible to disable the scanning after wifi is disabled? Since I just need the "auto disable wifi" function.

fenchai

May 10, 2011
I think you can do all of this with tasker or any other automated app

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 267841
    DESCRIPTION

The Wifi consumes a lot of battery, this is a really, and the main consumption occurs while the system is looking for a network to connect (which happens when we are not connected to a wifi network).

This app attempts to minimize the battery consumption, and does so in a very simple way: turning off the wifi, which translates into a real battery saver.

So, when it detects that the device has been disconnected from a wireless network, and after waiting a reasonable time (configurable), the hardware wifi going to off.

A few minutes later (configurable), the wifi hardware is reactivated and system scans for some seconds (configurable) searching for available networks.

If it hasn't been possible to establish a wifi connection, the hardware back off again and, therefore, to stop consuming resources.

Furthermore, to increase the battery saving, the application increases the delay between two consecutive wifi activations in each attempt (to a configurable limit).

The application also allows you to add notifications in the status bar, view the history of connections (PRO version), auto disable while airplane mode active, etc.

CONFIGURABLE TIMES

First deactivation time: After a wifi connection was lost, or after device boot, this is the time that system wait before start managing the wifi hardware.

Deactivation time: When the wifi hardware is disabled, this is the time that app waits before activate the wifi again. Increase this time to save battery, but note that system can't establish a wifi connection during this time, even if a wifi network in the range.

Deactivation increase time: This is the time that is added to the deactivation time each time that app deactivate the wifi, in order to save battery.

Max deactivation time: This is the maximum deactivation time. The system cannot increase the wifi deactivation time over this value (in each deactivation).

Activation time: This is the time that wifi remains activated in each check. Decrease this time to save battery.

DOWNLOAD

Play Store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ryosoftware.wirelessmanager

attachment.php

XDA GIFT

People from XDA can use the app PRO features without pay via a PROMO code (this PROMO code allows to access all PRO features but shows Ads).
    In order to redeem it do this:

1) Enter app
    2) Open app settings
    3) Go the page down and click (7 times) in the last preference (the preference that shows the app version) [the key only works for version 1.2.16 and higher]
    4) In the dialog enter the key above (none of your accounts are shared or sent to our servers)
    5) Press "accept" button

Code:
    dYjVJoq6WBdVE5/GMbHH9RCOquNbFC6sbfAxvECOi0x5SQg2TLXgZi2n63t5sqT8P7AWYT5g1984lyrtwuIQHx1zvgwazm6Z3QKqFqMZSkL/LbbNqJbvkxXNmwk20tRSh8vgWkT1dfiJ3SgyF4qn3GkpWrg8sM1zTOX6LJ0CMw0=

If you use the key provided above, please consider to click in the Ads sometimes or buy the PRO version (via In App purchase) in order to access to some future functionalities (and remove annoying Ads).

Please, don't share the key above in other forums.
    D
    Deleted member 267841
    I think this app could be even more useful if it was possible to combine wifi search with gps location. So the app could use more energy searching for wifi when phone is near a location previously registered as having wifi connection available, like when I'm near my home. Please consider to implement a configurable feature like this.

Location via GPS uses a lot of battery.
    I'm planning to add TELEPHONY location (location via phone cells, that don't uses additional battery) in a near future.
    D
    Deleted member 267841
    I didn't really understand these two times. Could you pls explain with an example?

1) Device is connected to a wifi network

2) The wifi connection is lost
    3) If before "first deactivation time" a wifi connection is established then goto 1 else goto 3b
    3b) "deactivation time" is the configured value for "deactivation time" then goto 4
    4) disable wifi and count "deactivation time" minutes and goto 5
    5) enable wifi
    6) if before "activation time" a wifi connection is established then goto 1 else goto 7
    7) add "deactivation increase time" to "deactivation time" then goto 8
    8) if new "deactivation time" is higher to "max deactivation time" then set "deactivation time=max deactivation time" then goto 4

:)
    I think this app could be even more useful if it was possible to combine wifi search with gps location. So the app could use more energy searching for wifi when phone is near a location previously registered as having wifi connection available, like when I'm near my home. Please consider to implement a configurable feature like this.
    D
    Deleted member 267841
    Difference between free and pro?

For now the only difference are the presence of ads and the ability show connections history.
    In the future, I don't know :)