Jun 26, 2007
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
========================================ACHTUNG===================
=================WARNING==========================================
================================================== ===PELIGRO=======
AS WITH ANY UNSUPPORTED SYSTEM MODIFICATIONS, USING THIS MAY LEAD TO A BRICK
IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING ( HAVEN'T BRICKED MY SYSTEM YET! ) PLEASE
BE AWARE THAT NO ONE ON THE INTERNET IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR
UNIT. ANY PROBLEMS WILL BE CONSIDERED ACTS OF WHATEVER GOD YOU BELIEVE IN.
======PELIGRO================================================== =====
================================WARNING============================
===ACHTUNG================================================== =======

For ANY FYT SoM (6026) based Android FYT PX5 Head Unit!

Hello, here is a custom rom based on the SYU Stock Build 07_2018

Your Head Unit MUST ALREADY BE ROOTED! You must be able to obtain Super User access within Android!

stay tuned for more info!

really easy to work with, bootloader is unlocked, and doesn't require signed images. Xposed is working great, working on Magisk support.

--update 07/15

work on this rom has paused until I can afford to purchase another PX5 SoM... unforseen circumstances lead to the SoM being damaged =(

Last edited by a moderator:

gtxaspec

Jun 26, 2007
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Development Notes:

*FYT_6026 is PIN COMPATIBLE with the FYT_6021 Intel SoFIA SoM

*USB Hub seems to be integrated into the PX5 SoC...there is no visible USB Hub IC on the SoM

*Using the RockChip SD Card Tools, you are able to create a bootable MicroSD card if the /recovery or /system partitions are not bootable

*Locking all 8 PX5 Cores to MAX frequency (4@ 1200Mhz, 4@ 1500Mhz) results in the SoM temp to hit about 90C max. With a heatsink and fan, 40C max... Fastest Android Head Unit I have worked with to date in this mode.

*FYT_6026 does not require signed images...of anything, even the bootloader.

*FYT_6026 Boot Sequence:
1. Read sql6026update8 binary from boot media
2. sql6026update8 reads customercfg.txt, 6026lcdconfig.cfg, logo.bmp, updatecfg.txt, and config.txt files and applies parameters.
3. sql6026update8 then applies MCU updates if they are present in the root or MCU folders
4. sql6026update8 then writes to the Boot Control Block to reboot and launch the recovery binary in /sbin/recovery to begin the standard Android upgrade process. The file it looks for is 6026_8.zip
5. After 6026_8.zip is successfully processed, the recovery writes to the Boot Control Block again, this time to launch the sql6026update8 binary on boot and install the bundled applications from Allapp.pkg
6. Unit then is ready to reboot into the Android system.

*The sql6026update8 file can not be modified or replaced, the stock recovery verifies the checksum of this file.

*The stock rom has /system/bin/install-recovery which uses a patch file found in the root directory and patches the boot image to create and restore the recovery image on every boot, if it has been modified.

*Unlike the SoFIA units, the FYT_6026 does not output debug console output via the serial TX pins... (looking into this)

*FYT_6026 SoM features 2 SDIO interfaces. Only 1 SD card will work on units with this SoM, if they have multiple slots. One of the SDIO interfaces is used by the RTL8723DS WiFi/BT combo IC.

Last edited:

gtxaspec

Jun 26, 2007
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
FYT_6026 SoM Photos:
SOM1:
IMG_20180715_224249527_HDR.jpg

SOM2:
IMG_20180715_224701344.jpg

SOM3:
IMG_20180715_224529367.jpg

SOM4:
IMG_20180715_224602780.jpg

SOM5:
IMG_20180715_224455563.jpg

SOM6:
IMG_20180715_224808601.jpg

SOM7:
IMG_20180715_224842504.jpg

SOM8:
IMG_20180715_225040671.jpg

My unit:
unit.jpg

Last edited:

looxonline

Jun 5, 2018
Johannesburg

For FYT SoM (6026) based JOYING / FYT PX5 units ONLY!

Your Head Unit MUST ALREADY BE ROOTED! You must be able to obtain Super User access within Android!

really easy to work with, bootloader is unlocked, and doesn't require signed images. Xposed is working great, working on Magisk support.

I may be game to test it. I'm running a unit sold by WITSON with the manufacturer in the MCU set to something like ZHAN. As far as I can tell it's FYT based so I guess that the ROM should work. Details below.

My concern is more related to whether CANBUS will work correctly after the upgrade. I'm running it in a Renault Koleos and have a CAN box on the harness and I want to be sure that I won't lose that functionality after the upgrade. I did see you mention in another thread that with the FYT units the CAN box simply converts the received messages into serial strings that are sent directly to the MCU. I would assume that there is some sort of a translator that spits out a standard set of serial strings regardless of what the original CAN ID was. E.g. steering wheel volume up could be CAN ID 0xABCD on my Koleos and something else on a VW but the serial string would always be 0x0123...etc... for that command. If this is indeed the case AND the MCU is not touched during the upgrade then I suppose that CANBus should continue working. That's my supposition at least... Interested to hear your thoughts before I go ahead with the test...

CPU: ARM Cortex-A53 eight-core 2+32 GB PX5; CPU: PowerVR G6110
Build: PX5-userdebug 8.0.0 OPR5.170623.007 eng.bsp.20180528.174007 test-keys
MCU: 2018-04-16 17:04:06 ZHAN_(NOR)__90_C9RD6686_CAN(A)PX5D1804160

gtxaspec

Jun 26, 2007
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
I may be game to test it. I'm running a unit sold by WITSON with the manufacturer in the MCU set to something like ZHAN. As far as I can tell it's FYT based so I guess that the ROM should work. Details below.

My concern is more related to whether CANBUS will work correctly after the upgrade. I'm running it in a Renault Koleos and have a CAN box on the harness and I want to be sure that I won't lose that functionality after the upgrade. I did see you mention in another thread that with the FYT units the CAN box simply converts the received messages into serial strings that are sent directly to the MCU. I would assume that there is some sort of a translator that spits out a standard set of serial strings regardless of what the original CAN ID was. E.g. steering wheel volume up could be CAN ID 0xABCD on my Koleos and something else on a VW but the serial string would always be 0x0123...etc... for that command. If this is indeed the case AND the MCU is not touched during the upgrade then I suppose that CANBus should continue working. That's my supposition at least... Interested to hear your thoughts before I go ahead with the test...

CPU: ARM Cortex-A53 eight-core 2+32 GB PX5; CPU: PowerVR G6110
Build: PX5-userdebug 8.0.0 OPR5.170623.007 eng.bsp.20180528.174007 test-keys
MCU: 2018-04-16 17:04:06 ZHAN_(NOR)__90_C9RD6686_CAN(A)PX5D1804160
Can you look at the file fyt.prop in /system/app and post the contents ? It will help as I am designing my custom app to detect the mcu ID and restore it on installation to avoid MCU mismatch errors that were present on the Sofia platform

looxonline

Jun 5, 2018
Johannesburg
Sure. I'll see start I can do a little later today.

Sorry, needed to make up a USB A to USB A cable to perform the temp root to get access to that folder but just never found the time this weekend. Will do it as soon as I can. Saw on the other thread that your PX5 is not so healthy anyway so looks like time is on my side.

Thanks for your efforts nonetheless bro!!! Hope that you have success with your unit.

Reactions: gtxaspec

looxonline

Jun 5, 2018
Johannesburg
work on this rom has paused until I can afford to purchase another SoM... unforseen circumstances lead to the SoM being damaged =(

What's the damage on a new SoM?

Also I saw that the RK3368 which is the SoC has USB OTG on chip. Is that not the interface that the SoC uses if it needs to flash a binary onto the NAND? I saw somewhere in the MTC threads that they were using it but can't be sure that it's the same SoC. Will go double check later when I have time. We would just need a properly toasted SoM, a pinout of the SoC, a hot air station to remove the SoC, a continuity tester and then we could map out the USB OTG pins so that all others could recover their SoM in case of the same situation. Maybe worthwhile putting a shout out on the forums to see if anyone has a SOM that is toast and they are willing to donate to the cause.

looxonline

Jun 5, 2018
Johannesburg
FYT_6026 SoM Photos:
SOM1:

SOM2:

SOM3:

SOM4:

SOM5:

SOM6:

SOM7:

SOM8:

My unit:
unit.jpg

Ooh...the NAND on your SoM no longer has a small outline footprint...seems like they went BGA. That is going to make it very difficult to find the clock line to short it. Fortunately it's an eMMC and so there are only a few lines connected to it and it looks as if they are all exposed on the top layer. We would need to scrape off a bit of the solder mask and then scope each one during the initial boot stages to see which one has a consistent clock on it at the expected frequency. The datasheet for the eMMC is available via a google search where you can find the pin out. Re: the OTG, I still see the only way to find it as being to remove the SoC and buzz out the lines on the header assuming there is no series resistance in between. Could use the schematic for the MTC units to see how the comms are usually implemented but normally there is no series resistance, only esd protection in parallel.

HHU68

Aug 1, 2017
Midden-Delfland
Donate

work on this rom has paused until I can afford to purchase another SoM... unforseen circumstances lead to the SoM being damaged =(

gtxaspec, I had your custom rom on my fyt6021 and it worked excelent.
I recently upgraded to the fyt6026 and I'm wating for you to finish your work on the custom rom for the fyt6026.
I appreciate your work very much and hope you can finish it soon, that's why I made a donation to Gran Turismo Enterprises so you will be able to buy an new SoM soon.

Keep up the good work!:good:

Thanks,
Hans

Reactions: gtxaspec

looxonline

Jun 5, 2018
Johannesburg
I recently upgraded to the fyt6026 and I'm wating for you to finish your work on the custom rom for the fyt6026.
I appreciate your work very much and hope you can finish it soon, that's why I made a donation to Gran Turismo Enterprises so you will be able to buy an new SoM soon.

Thanks,
Hans

Agreed. Will be making a donation a little later today too. This man's efforts are appreciated.

gtxaspec

Jun 26, 2007
OnePlus Nord N200 5G

Thanks,
Hans

Thank You! Much appreciated! The work that I do on these units, the countless hours spent debugging and reverse-engineering, really my hobby, and done for the community so everyone may get some enjoyment, instead of frustration, from our devices! I spend a lot of time driving, so for me it's personal. Thanks again!

looxonline

Jun 5, 2018
Johannesburg
Can you look at the file fyt.prop in /system/app and post the contents ? It will help as I am designing my custom app to detect the mcu ID and restore it on installation to avoid MCU mismatch errors that were present on the Sofia platform

Finally managed to pull the contents of fyt.prop. Planning on investigating the SOM in a little more detail tomorrow to see if I can understand the hardware a little better.

Code:
px5:/system/app $ cat fyt.prop
#客户标识:fytmanufacturer
# fyt,mt,sh,zyc....
#
#字体大小:fytfontzise
# 0.8, 1.0, 1.15, 1.3
#
#动态壁纸:fytlivewallpaper
#com.bizhi.mogudongtai/com.zte.mobile.MushroomDay.WallpaperServiceMushroom
#
#输入法:inputMethod
#注音输入法:com.google.android.apps.inputmethod.zhuyin/.ZhuyinInputMethodService
#讯飞:com.iflytek.inputmethod.pad/.FlyIME
#
#未知来源开关:ro.rk.install_non_market_apps
#
sys_graphic.cam_dvp.deinterlace=false
ro.rk.install_non_market_apps=true
ro.build.fytmanufacturer=53
ro.build.fytfontsize=1
ro.build.fytlivewallpaper=
ro.fyt.uiid=2
ro.build.fytinputmethod=com.google.android.inputmethod.pinyin/.PinyinIME

ro.fyt.def.sb.radio=8
ro.fyt.def.sb.aux=4
ro.fyt.def.sb.player=4
ro.fyt.def.sb.tv=8
ro.fyt.usb_enable=1
persist.fyt.fy_radartofront=1

# 空	= 0;	
#调试	= 1;
#深青联	= 2;
#青联同创= 3;
#悦歌	= 4;
#名途	= 5;
#众易畅	= 6;
#睿林	= 7;
#凯易德	= 8;
#普诚博安= 9;
#车行建	= 10;
#州信	= 11;
#莹隆	= 12;
#思百德	= 13;
#东琛	= 14;
#柯权	= 15;
#车美利	= 16;
#福帆达	= 17;
#卓奥通	= 18;
#博悦纵横= 19;
#格铭	= 20;
#佳艺田	= 21;
#卡百特	= 22;
#航韵	= 23;
#瑞宝	= 24;
#三一众合= 25;
#北箭	= 26;
#兴嘉林	= 27;
#欧华	= 28;
#康盛	= 29;
#方向通	= 30;
#爱影	= 31;
#派实达	= 32;
#凯振	= 33;
#飞音	= 34;

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For ANY FYT SoM (6026) based Android FYT PX5 Head Unit!

--update 07/15

work on this rom has paused until I can afford to purchase another PX5 SoM... unforseen circumstances lead to the SoM being damaged =(
    @gtxaspec, where are you located? I can probably get you what you need. If outside of US perhaps we can crowdfund for shipping. I'm glad to provide the SOM though.

Dave
    FYT_6026 SoM Photos:
    SOM1:

SOM2:

SOM3:

SOM4:

SOM5:

SOM6:

SOM7:

SOM8:

My unit:
    unit.jpg

Thanks,
    Hans

Thank You! Much appreciated! The work that I do on these units, the countless hours spent debugging and reverse-engineering, really my hobby, and done for the community so everyone may get some enjoyment, instead of frustration, from our devices! I spend a lot of time driving, so for me it's personal. Thanks again!
    Development Notes:

*FYT_6026 is PIN COMPATIBLE with the FYT_6021 Intel SoFIA SoM

*USB Hub seems to be integrated into the PX5 SoC...there is no visible USB Hub IC on the SoM

*Using the RockChip SD Card Tools, you are able to create a bootable MicroSD card if the /recovery or /system partitions are not bootable

*Locking all 8 PX5 Cores to MAX frequency (4@ 1200Mhz, 4@ 1500Mhz) results in the SoM temp to hit about 90C max. With a heatsink and fan, 40C max... Fastest Android Head Unit I have worked with to date in this mode.

*FYT_6026 does not require signed images...of anything, even the bootloader.

*FYT_6026 Boot Sequence:
    1. Read sql6026update8 binary from boot media
    2. sql6026update8 reads customercfg.txt, 6026lcdconfig.cfg, logo.bmp, updatecfg.txt, and config.txt files and applies parameters.
    3. sql6026update8 then applies MCU updates if they are present in the root or MCU folders
    4. sql6026update8 then writes to the Boot Control Block to reboot and launch the recovery binary in /sbin/recovery to begin the standard Android upgrade process. The file it looks for is 6026_8.zip
    5. After 6026_8.zip is successfully processed, the recovery writes to the Boot Control Block again, this time to launch the sql6026update8 binary on boot and install the bundled applications from Allapp.pkg
    6. Unit then is ready to reboot into the Android system.

*The sql6026update8 file can not be modified or replaced, the stock recovery verifies the checksum of this file.

*The stock rom has /system/bin/install-recovery which uses a patch file found in the root directory and patches the boot image to create and restore the recovery image on every boot, if it has been modified.

*Unlike the SoFIA units, the FYT_6026 does not output debug console output via the serial TX pins... (looking into this)

*FYT_6026 SoM features 2 SDIO interfaces. Only 1 SD card will work on units with this SoM, if they have multiple slots. One of the SDIO interfaces is used by the RTL8723DS WiFi/BT combo IC.