[App] [Pixel 2 launcher] [Original-unmodified] [flashable] [user app] [Nougat] [Oreo]

Search This thread

dr.bathman

Dec 11, 2015
Vadodara
Pixel-2-Launcher apk & flashable zip from Google pixel 2 (either ftom Android Oreo 8.0 or Android Oreo 8.1 DP1)
Flashable zip will enable Google now integration & simple apk will not include Google now integration.

How to..
Flash Pixel-2-Launcher zip from TWRP (as system app)
Or install Pixel-2-Launcher apk as user app.

Download:
From attachments
Any of following
Pixel 2 Launcher from Android Oreo 8.0
Pixel 2 Launcher from Android Oreo 8.1 DP1

Note: All features are working only in android oreo based ROMs. I tested all files in Nougat & Oreo based custom ROMs. Some users are reporting that app is crashing in marshmallow based ROMs. You need to give location permission manually to get weather data as launcher is not asking location permission but by default all permission are set off.

Sources: APKMIRROR

How to uninstall?
Flash Pixel-2-launcher-uninstaller (file from attachment) using TWRP or other custom recovery.

Magisk module of original Pixel 2 launcher for systemless installation is available here:
https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-t3689509

Enjoy! :)

Attachments

• Pixel-2-launcher-8.0.apk
    2.5 MB · Views: 27,594
  • Pixel-2-launcher-8.1.DP1.apk
    2.2 MB · Views: 19,366
  • pixel-2-launcher-8.0.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 14,120
  • pixel-2-launcher-8.1.DP1.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 24,897
  • Pixel-2-launcher-uninstaller.zip
    123.4 KB · Views: 13,713
Last edited:

dr.bathman

Dec 11, 2015
Vadodara
Screenshots from nougat based custom ROM..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171013-155052.jpg
    Screenshot_20171013-155052.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 20,489
  • Screenshot_20171013-155058.jpg
    Screenshot_20171013-155058.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 20,161
  • Screenshot_20171013-155021.jpg
    Screenshot_20171013-155021.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 20,043
Last edited:

dr.bathman

Dec 11, 2015
Vadodara
Screenshots from oreo based custom ROM..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171013-160343.jpg
    Screenshot_20171013-160343.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 10,473
  • Screenshot_20171013-164920.jpg
    Screenshot_20171013-164920.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 10,424
  • Screenshot_20171013-164926.jpg
    Screenshot_20171013-164926.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 9,950
  • Screenshot_20171013-164929.png
    Screenshot_20171013-164929.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 9,482
Reactions: jourlys

prakhar__01

Sep 4, 2017
Pixel-2-Launcher apk & flashable zip.
Flashable zip will enable Google now integration & simple apk will not include Google now integration.

How to..
Or install Pixel-2-Launcher apk as user app. (If Pixel-2-Launcher apk fails to get installed, install Pixel-2-Launcher-modified apk)

Download from attachments

Is there a way to uninstall it once flashed?

D

Deleted member 4871016

Has anyone managed to get the weather working?

Anderson_ARS

Pixel-2-Launcher apk & flashable zip.

How to..
Or install Pixel-2-Launcher apk as user app. (If Pixel-2-Launcher apk fails to get installed, install Pixel-2-Launcher-modified apk)

Download from attachments

What the modified version has? downloaded it and I did not see a difference Compared to original.

PGHammer

Jul 10, 2015
Accokeek,MD
It's same as original. Use it only if original version can't be installed. Like in some custom ROMs. So if original version is working, no need to install modified one.

I have the original installed on my current ROM (current unofficial DU for Galaxy Nexus). While I don't have the Oreo-style notifications, it's actually cleaner than the original Pixel Launcher. I will likely swap the flashable version to gain Google Now integration - and I definitely like the cleaner approach this launcher takes compared to the launcher from the original Pixel.

Albe96

Mar 10, 2016
Good Job OP! See what I got for you.Most famous tech channel Android Authority follows/borrows your apk from here and showed it to the world.He put this thread's link in the youtube video too.You became famous kind of ??.Good Job Again.

Link Of The Video-->>https://youtu.be/CxUSfUfx4Ls

And I'm really impressed seeing that Android Authority peoples follows XDA community.It's a great opportunity.
:D

Last edited:
Reactions: killeradi

killeradi

Jan 16, 2016
Bangalore
Xiaomi Poco F1
Good Job OP! See what I got for you.Most famous tech channel Android Authority follows/borrows your apk from here and showed it to the world.He put this thread's link in the youtube video too.You became famous kind of ??.Good Job Again.

Link Of The Video-->>

And I'm really impressed seeing that Android Authority peoples follows XDA community.It's a great opportunity.
:D

I actually first saw about the launcher on Android Authority and downloaded this few mins ago.. and now using it?

xitopodo

Jun 26, 2014
Jaén
Not working neither in my Blackview R6 (Mediatek chip) with Android 6.

When I open the launcher, it crashes.

But the idea it was good, so, ny other option is continue using the older version Pixel Launcher that works good in my device :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pixel-2-Launcher apk & flashable zip from Google pixel 2 (either ftom Android Oreo 8.0 or Android Oreo 8.1 DP1)

How to..
    Or install Pixel-2-Launcher apk as user app.

Download:
    From attachments
    Any of following
    Pixel 2 Launcher from Android Oreo 8.0
    Pixel 2 Launcher from Android Oreo 8.1 DP1

Note: All features are working only in android oreo based ROMs. I tested all files in Nougat & Oreo based custom ROMs. Some users are reporting that app is crashing in marshmallow based ROMs. You need to give location permission manually to get weather data as launcher is not asking location permission but by default all permission are set off.

How to uninstall?
    Flash Pixel-2-launcher-uninstaller (file from attachment) using TWRP or other custom recovery.

Magisk module of original Pixel 2 launcher for systemless installation is available here:
    https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-t3689509

Enjoy! :)
    Screenshots from nougat based custom ROM..
    New update:

Pixel 2 Launcher from Android Oreo 8.1 Developers preview has been included as new update.. both user app & flashable zip are added.

For download see attachments in op post.

Enjoy :)
    How about sharing your solution ?
    Hi, it wasn't really a full solution, because I still couldn't find the full circle icons that I wanted. I held the background and clicked home settings, from there you can change the icon shapes to a few other ones except circle unfortunately. However I actually did find out a featured app on XDA called pixel launcher mods. This app allows you to apply most icon packs on the Play store that usually wouldn't be do-able on pixel launcher.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

I for some reason cannot change the icons to circle/round, only square, rounded square, teardrop and squircle?

Is this due to the launcher or some other setting? Defaults to square.

I just updated to LOS 15.1, with latest unofficial gapps, and installed the latest pixel launcher from APK mirror.

If it's in the launcher, then it's an easy fix (just install the one in this thread)?

Thanks, and apologies going slightly off topic regarding the launcher versions, but it would be good to understand how all of this affects each other.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Hey man

Ya it's kinda weird. As you can see on post 2 and 3 it shows you how the launcher looks with 8.0 and 8.1. The icons are default to round on 8.0 and squared for 8.1
    Screenshots from oreo based custom ROM..