Android 3.0 Honeycomb Music Player

Search This thread

JaJsemMatty

Jan 4, 2011
This is originally from dailymobile.se forum. I hope,that it is not a problem,that I share it here,THX Guys!:rolleyes:
I´ve tested it on my rooted galaxy tab P1000XXJMA and it works without problems.
androidhoneycombmusicpl.jpg

Installation:
1,download attached file
2,Send it to Your device
3,Install it! - The Music and JumperTest icons appear in your menu;)
Simple isn´t it?:)You don´t need to replace anything in system files.REALLY:cool:

One of installed icon is JUMPERTEST! What is that all about? As far as we can tell, using all of our intuition powers, is that this is the key to streaming all of your music – from your desktop and from the cloud, back down to your handset. Sounds like a big deal? That’s because it totally is. This right here could be the key to spurring up competition for the iPod. Holy crap can you even believe it?

When you’re in the JumperTest app, take a peek under your Controls tab – you’ll see Start Peer, Stop Peer, and Import Local Media. Neato! Then when you’re back in the Music Player app, check under Music settings – there are straight up options for streaming. It even appears that you’ll be able to cache streamed music for later use – fabulous!

Then there’s a search function you can use on any song – all you’ve got to do is a longpress and it pops up with multiple options – the coolest of which right now is the ability to move right to YouTube. You like the song and want to see if there’s a music video to go with? Easy!

And here comes some more screenshots:

I hope You will like it! And don´t forget, that this is only testing version: stability can´t be as good as expected and some functions (like Equalizer) aren´t included.

Have a nice day!
Matty

Attachments

• com.google.android.music.apk
    3.1 MB · Views: 40,407
Last edited:

tw1nz

Aug 13, 2010
Copenhagen
Do you still have lag in the music when you draw the status bar?
Its still in beta right?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

JaJsemMatty

Jan 4, 2011
to tw1nz: Yep, I have and sometime during rotation of the screen...but It´s till a beta (maybe alfa :D) Who knows....

GANJDROID

May 2, 2010
Norwich
Is there any way you can change the file name so we can install it along side the stock app?

Sent from my GT-P1000

JaJsemMatty

Jan 4, 2011
to GANJDROID: It install along side the stock app, the Music player by Samsung is still there...at least in my phone.

GANJDROID

May 2, 2010
Norwich
to GANJDROID: It install along side the stock app, the Music player by Samsung is still there...at least in my phone.

I'm running JMA. I tried to install it before and it asked to overwrite the system app (which it obviously can't do) then tried deleting the stock app and replacing it with this one using Root Explorer but I got fc constantly. :( Seems to be the same with this apk.

Sent from my GT-P1000

knightnz

Dec 12, 2009
Wellington
Well visually this is a massive improvement over the poor original player. Thanks for the post.

The big question, does it do gapless mp3 playback? :)

Justin^Tan

Jul 14, 2010
Cool UI
love it
but laggy on music when doing things

kinda worried how Tab handling honeycomb's app later if its finally released and tab get it

rkmj

May 4, 2010
Philadelphia
Cool UI
love it
but laggy on music when doing things

kinda worried how Tab handling honeycomb's app later if its finally released and tab get it

You have to remember that this app is not indicative of how the TAB will run Honeycomb or even Honeycomb apps. This .apk is Beta (at best) it may even be alpha. Once Honeycomb is released on ASOP, then we can see how the Honeycomb .apks will work on the TAB.

jamiemac1977

Jan 7, 2011
London, UK
Nice looking player, can't wait to see the final and stable versions appear. Does this come with a widget or is it too early for such things?

Thx for posting though :)

JaJsemMatty

Jan 4, 2011
There is a widget. You can add it on Your homescreen as usual:Left menu icon->Add->Widgets->Music....and here it comes ;)but it doesn´t show the album art, just name of the file and possibility to stop the music or skip to another track.....works like a charm :)

gillebob

Oct 11, 2007
Won't install, downloaded on the tab and emailed the apk to my son's desire and it installed fine there, but not on the tab! Strange.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is originally from dailymobile.se forum. I hope,that it is not a problem,that I share it here,THX Guys!:rolleyes:
    I´ve tested it on my rooted galaxy tab P1000XXJMA and it works without problems.

Installation:
    1,download attached file
    2,Send it to Your device
    3,Install it! - The Music and JumperTest icons appear in your menu;)
    Simple isn´t it?:)You don´t need to replace anything in system files.REALLY:cool:

One of installed icon is JUMPERTEST! What is that all about? As far as we can tell, using all of our intuition powers, is that this is the key to streaming all of your music – from your desktop and from the cloud, back down to your handset. Sounds like a big deal? That’s because it totally is. This right here could be the key to spurring up competition for the iPod. Holy crap can you even believe it?

When you’re in the JumperTest app, take a peek under your Controls tab – you’ll see Start Peer, Stop Peer, and Import Local Media. Neato! Then when you’re back in the Music Player app, check under Music settings – there are straight up options for streaming. It even appears that you’ll be able to cache streamed music for later use – fabulous!

Then there’s a search function you can use on any song – all you’ve got to do is a longpress and it pops up with multiple options – the coolest of which right now is the ability to move right to YouTube. You like the song and want to see if there’s a music video to go with? Easy!

And here comes some more screenshots:

I hope You will like it! And don´t forget, that this is only testing version: stability can´t be as good as expected and some functions (like Equalizer) aren´t included.

Have a nice day!
    Matty
    works fine with jmc and my hd2 got both music players
    side note 137 downloads and ony 2 thanks wow
    Can you post the new xoom's music player here please? :)

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

I'm not sure this is specific to the Xoom. It may just be the new 3.0 music player. I have to warn you guys though... this will NOT run on all devices. My Droid won't run it, but my Galaxy Tab does so flawlessly. Some people's higher-end devices may be able to run it, but for those of you with older models (such as myself), I'm afraid you're out of luck. :(

Btw... I also have the official Xoom boot animation (runs perfectly on my Droid, so it should be good for all devices), and the icons from the system dump and SDK. If you want them, just PM me your email address and I'll get them to you ASAP.
    Seems Google have let a newer test release out if the bag. From what I've heard, a few phones received a Market test update which Google removed not long after. In the new market, there contained new versions or the music app, desk home and some other apps.

Anyway, here's a link to the newer apk.

http://andgeeks.com/media-players/updated-version-of-the-android-music-play-available-883055/

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium App
    I can not get the music player to instal. When I click on the zip it starts to instal it but states it was not installed. I have the lastest Tom just released by Sprint.

Search for the updated version, I have no problems with the updated version.