"Breaking News" HuluPlus.apk Has Been Successfully Modded By Vgeezy

Search This thread

blunttedsmurf

Nov 24, 2008
Hello All, I am Vgeezy....

As the title states, I have modded the huluplus.apk to work on any android device. It does not, I repeat does not require root!! YAY!!! No it does not give you free access to hulu plus, you still have to get a paid subscription to view the paid content. But if you don't have paid subscription, you can still view the free gallery. Enough talking I hope you enjoy this. Here's my video proof that it does work:

IF YOU HAVE AN AD BLOCKER ON YOUR DEVICE, THE HULU APP WILL JUST BUFFER OR FC. DISABLE YOUR AD BLOCKER WHILE USING THIS APP. IT'S BLOCKING THE ADS HULU BROADCAST, SO IT WILL NOT PLAY.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DEVICE.

Click on video link to see proof....

Mod HuluPlus.apk Video

ModHuluplus.apk

Landscape Mod Huluplus.apk

Last edited:

optikalblitz

Mar 11, 2009
Confirmed working on Galaxy Nexus (LTE), Asus Transformer TF101.

NOT Working on Logitech Revue - I think this has to do with GTV being stuck in Landscape mode 100% of the time. The splash page of Hulu+ forces whichever device into Portait orientation but since GTV doesn't have it, it gives me an error about it, and press any key to exit.

I wonder if there are any tricks around this. Any possibility that the app can be forced to attempt to display the splash and video selection pages in landscape when a device lacks portrait orientation?

Either way, great work.

ocdtrekkie

Jul 6, 2010
So... landscape devices should use the landscape one?

EDIT: Using landscape version, works great on Xoom LTE.

Last edited:

Orical

May 22, 2011
Boston
Confirmed working on the MY Touch 4G (Official MIUI TDJ Release), Installed in seconds with no errors.

I don't use Sense or CM7 so I'm not sure about those ROMs but if it worked on MIUI it should work on the rest. Good work man, looks great.

adampdx

Jan 23, 2011
Portland, OR
Seems to be working in landscape on my Transformer Prime with dock. I am having some connectivity issues, but who knows what that's about... :p

Edit: The connection issue seemed to be caused by AdAway. I disabled ad blocking, rebooted, and all is well. Can anyone confirm that ad blocking makes this not work, and are there any work arounds? I'm happy with it working at all, truth be know!

Last edited:

djeaton

Mar 13, 2011
Canton, GA
www.amazon.com
I'd love to get this to work, but sometimes it won't stop buffering on the Acer A100 tablet and eventually gives you an error to check your internet connection. Some shows seem to start up fine though.

Last edited:

emarkd

Nov 12, 2010
Hulu's app has always had issues with adblockers, even when I was using an officially supported device. Just remember to disable it before you watch.

This apk works great on my galaxy nexus. Thanks dev!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello All, I am Vgeezy....

As the title states, I have modded the huluplus.apk to work on any android device. It does not, I repeat does not require root!! YAY!!! No it does not give you free access to hulu plus, you still have to get a paid subscription to view the paid content. But if you don't have paid subscription, you can still view the free gallery. Enough talking I hope you enjoy this. Here's my video proof that it does work:

IF YOU HAVE AN AD BLOCKER ON YOUR DEVICE, THE HULU APP WILL JUST BUFFER OR FC. DISABLE YOUR AD BLOCKER WHILE USING THIS APP. IT'S BLOCKING THE ADS HULU BROADCAST, SO IT WILL NOT PLAY.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DEVICE.

Click on video link to see proof....

Mod HuluPlus.apk Video

ModHuluplus.apk

Landscape Mod Huluplus.apk
    If you add "ads.hulu.com" and "p.hulu.com" to your whitelist in adaway you'll still be able to block ads from other apps. I know i get tired of rebooting the phone when i want to turn off ads to watch hulu. Hope this helps.

Sent from my MT4G running MIUI4v ICS
    Ask and Ye shall receive. I posted the landscape mod in my first post.
    I Was having the buffering issue, too. Even though i didnt have any ad blocking software. I Fixed it by downloading adaway then disabling ad blocking through it.

Sent from my Adam using XDA