[Q] Problem with new SD card.

Search This thread

iTzSam

Jul 20, 2012
Dhaka
So far i have been using the old sd card that came with my Arc S. Its been working fine but ive ran out of memory. So i bought a new 32gb MicroSD HC card. Its class 4. This one to be specific -

SanDisk 32GB Micro SD HC Memory Card
SDSDQM-032G-B35

I inserted my new sd (empty) into the phone. When the phone started, there was a Sh*t ton of lag. I basically couldnt do anything. You could say the sd card froze my phone. Is this normal ? keep in mind, the sd card was empty. I got scared and immediately removed the SD card. I put in my old sd card, it still lagged but i waited for about 30 minutes and it was just fine. Its been fine ever since. I have copied all the contents of my old sd card onto my pc and then onto my New SD card. I'm confused on whether to put it in or not. Will it harm my device? As far as i know, Arc S supports 32GB. My phone isnt rooted or anything. Just official Sony ICS if that helps in any way.

Thanks for the help guys.

ninehuss

Feb 13, 2012
Manila
Xiaomi Poco F3
Changing SD Cards

So far i have been using the old sd card that came with my Arc S. Its been working fine but ive ran out of memory. So i bought a new 32gb MicroSD HC card. Its class 4. This one to be specific -

SDSDQM-032G-B35

I inserted my new sd (empty) into the phone. When the phone started, there was a Sh*t ton of lag. I basically couldnt do anything. You could say the sd card froze my phone. Is this normal ? keep in mind, the sd card was empty. I got scared and immediately removed the SD card. I put in my old sd card, it still lagged but i waited for about 30 minutes and it was just fine. Its been fine ever since. I have copied all the contents of my old sd card onto my pc and then onto my New SD card. I'm confused on whether to put it in or not. Will it harm my device? As far as i know, Arc S supports 32GB. My phone isnt rooted or anything. Just official Sony ICS if that helps in any way.

Your phone stucked/froze after insertion of new empty microsd since your phone is basically looking for the previously installed applications and games when it started.

By copying all the contents of your old microsd to your new microsd before inserting this to your phone will prevent the freezing upon startup, although minor lagging will be encountered a few hours or so while some syncing is done.. I did it your way when I upgraded from 16GB Class 4 to 32GB Class 6 (although not all the files, i left out the videos/mp3s/dcim since i can copied them back later) and encountered no problem. So go on, insert your 32GB microsd already:laugh:

Reactions: iTzSam

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Changing SD Cards

SDSDQM-032G-B35

Your phone stucked/froze after insertion of new empty microsd since your phone is basically looking for the previously installed applications and games when it started.

By copying all the contents of your old microsd to your new microsd before inserting this to your phone will prevent the freezing upon startup, although minor lagging will be encountered a few hours or so while some syncing is done.. I did it your way when I upgraded from 16GB Class 4 to 32GB Class 6 (although not all the files, i left out the videos/mp3s/dcim since i can copied them back later) and encountered no problem. So go on, insert your 32GB microsd already:laugh: