[Q] Texting from PC a la MightyText for Android? (Or wired solution?)

Search This thread

DaedalusZR1

May 2, 2011
I did search through this forum with permutations such as 'text from pc,' 'pc texting,' etc., to no luck.

Is it possible to use your PC to initialize and read texts on a WP8 device? With Mightytext it just ran as a background service on Android and would use an OAuth token to forward your texts through their site. That was useful due to the fact I didn't have to plug my Nexus directly to a PC... that being said, even a wired solution would be fantastic. I haven't found anything online, but I don't know if I'm search 'correctly,' since other (Android) solutions will pop up first.

Any ideas?

jjuki

Mar 7, 2012
I did search through this forum with permutations such as 'text from pc,' 'pc texting,' etc., to no luck.

Is it possible to use your PC to initialize and read texts on a WP8 device? With Mightytext it just ran as a background service on Android and would use an OAuth token to forward your texts through their site. That was useful due to the fact I didn't have to plug my Nexus directly to a PC... that being said, even a wired solution would be fantastic. I haven't found anything online, but I don't know if I'm search 'correctly,' since other (Android) solutions will pop up first.

Any ideas?

I don't think this is possible because of the restrictions of the platform, e.g. the app cannot send text messages on its own, user always has to hit send.

symwpapps

Mar 25, 2013
Apps cant read sms as well. if it were possible, we could get more innovative sms apps like those on android.

kdkoch

Apr 28, 2013
With the updates coming to WP 8.1, including changing your messaging app, will it now be possible to have something like Mightytext?