[APP][4.0+] Play: The all in one Music streaming application

What would be a suitable alternative to the current name "Play" for this application?

• StreamIt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • mStream

• StreamX

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • PlayIt

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Other (Please Reply with a suggested name)

• Total voters
Search This thread

andrew749

Oct 16, 2011
Woodbridge
Play-Feature.png

Hey guys. This is my second application that is being launched on the Play Store.

Play

Play uses a variety of sources to search for songs and then presents you, as a user, with all the various links to the song streams. These links can be saved for later so you can stream the best versions of a song that you find and create a makeshift library. The application uses google to search for album art and is completely headless; nothing is stored on the device except for links to the various songs. Check out the video Here to get a brief overview of how the app works. The application is DMCA compliant as all the feeder sites actively take down any links which receive a DMCA complaint.

Play is also open source. Here is the repo should you want to contribute to the project:

I am looking for beta testers who would like to help me diagnose whatever issues are present in the application. If you would like to become a tester, please visit the Google + community, join and click the link to become a tester. Within the application there is a link to take you to Google+ in the sidemenu.

**The application requires android 4.0+
**Please note that some links do not function on Android L.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

This is still a work in progress so there will bound to be bugs. Please don't be too harsh.

XDA:DevDB Information
[APP][4.0+] Play: The all in one Music streaming application, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
andrew749

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0.8
Stable Release Date: 2014-08-21

Created 2014-08-21
Last Updated 2014-08-21

andrew749

Oct 16, 2011
Woodbridge
help with name

OK so here's the issue. Play is not discoverable on the play store because of all the google branded apps occupying the top results. Does anyone have a suggestion for a new name that will help make the app name more unique and easier to search for?

TheAtheistReverend

Mar 29, 2010
Minneapolis
OK so here's the issue. Play is not discoverable on the play store because of all the google branded apps occupying the top results. Does anyone have a suggestion for a new name that will help make the app name more unique and easier to search for?

How about "SourceMusic" or "Musix" or "Jookbox" or "ThePlayer" or "XenithPlayer"?
I could just keep going and going.

Reactions: andrew749

andrew749

Oct 16, 2011
Woodbridge
Coming soon.

Next up on the update list is adding more information to the song results. i.e. artist name, album image, song length, album info.
Anybody know any good providers which can provide this information.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Play-Feature.png

Hey guys. This is my second application that is being launched on the Play Store.

Play

Play uses a variety of sources to search for songs and then presents you, as a user, with all the various links to the song streams. These links can be saved for later so you can stream the best versions of a song that you find and create a makeshift library. The application uses google to search for album art and is completely headless; nothing is stored on the device except for links to the various songs. Check out the video Here to get a brief overview of how the app works. The application is DMCA compliant as all the feeder sites actively take down any links which receive a DMCA complaint.

Play is also open source. Here is the repo should you want to contribute to the project:

I am looking for beta testers who would like to help me diagnose whatever issues are present in the application. If you would like to become a tester, please visit the Google + community, join and click the link to become a tester. Within the application there is a link to take you to Google+ in the sidemenu.

**The application requires android 4.0+
    **Please note that some links do not function on Android L.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

This is still a work in progress so there will bound to be bugs. Please don't be too harsh.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [APP][4.0+] Play: The all in one Music streaming application, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    andrew749

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0.8
    Stable Release Date: 2014-08-21

Created 2014-08-21
    Last Updated 2014-08-21

How about "SourceMusic" or "Musix" or "Jookbox" or "ThePlayer" or "XenithPlayer"?
    I could just keep going and going.
    How does StreamNow sound

Like the sound of that. Just be careful of other apps like StreamNow Lite or StreamNow+

StreamingNow?
    StreamIt?
    Streamy?
    Stream-a-lama-ding-dong?:silly: