[Q] Google # and T-Mobile Number Question?

Search This thread

tvos

May 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Friends,

I use google as my main phone number and forward it to my t-mobile number for incoming calls. To avoid confusions with changing phones, numbers I keep my google number static so that I don't need to let everyone know that I have a new number.

How can I make calls out using my google # so that people will always see that number and not t-mobile? At current, I block my t-mobile from caller id, but sometimes it can be hassle or make people nervous.;)

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank You,

tvos

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
bump anyone?

please advise and thank you

tvos

I thought that using the Google Voice app would give you the option when making calls to "Use Google Voice for every call, Don't use Google Voice to make calls, or Ask me each time." If I remember right, when you use the Google Voice app to place calls, the service calls you first. Once you answer, it then places an outbound call showing your GV number.

GrooveIP works purely over data (WiFi, mobile data) and definitely uses your GV number.

tvos

May 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
I thought that using the Google Voice app would give you the option when making calls to "Use Google Voice for every call, Don't use Google Voice to make calls, or Ask me each time." If I remember right, when you use the Google Voice app to place calls, the service calls you first. Once you answer, it then places an outbound call showing your GV number.

GrooveIP works purely over data (WiFi, mobile data) and definitely uses your GV number.

thank you.. i will definitely try this... if memory serves me right and if it is like the computer. google calls you and then places the call. i would imagine it would be the same format.

tvos

tvos

May 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV

I am going to try GV Phone, the other app I didn't see anywhere to make calls, only initiate text messing. You then could select the recipient to call. So we shall see how this works..

Again, thank you!

Dave