[ROM]Cyanogenmod 9 Unofficial Alpha[4.0.3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
Flashing the ROM wipes data. I can confirm this because I flashed it over my previous setup wiping only the caches. On first boot, all of my apps and such were gone and had to be restored.

Maybe it's just because I am using BM to flash it but my data was not wiped. Weird... :)

*Did you download from Androidfilehost or that secondary link someone posted?

rank78

Dec 1, 2009
There isnt a widget. Its built into spb shell 3d. The app itself is expensive ($15) on the market. With some searching you should be able find it to try out. But performance is so much better with a legit and official copy.

I buy the apps i like so your on your own with searching.

But i will provide you with a video demonstration.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hVU84J1ShSQ

Thanks for the info, was hoping it was just a folder app to help organize my xoom.

bjones8515

Mar 11, 2011
southaven
Type this:

su
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/currents

in terminal emulator.
Or find that file (the path is everything after the > symbol ) and change the value and save the file. (make sure the file editor doesn't save a backup of it)

Smartass with a Dumb phone.

Awesome. Thanks man! Worked great

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using XDA App

SoraX64

Aug 23, 2010
Frederick, Maryland (Hood College)
In the latest build, the audio jack isn't registering my headphones.

Music only plays through the speakers, even with headphones plugged in. Unplugging them still pauses it though.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using XDA Premium App

netwokz

Jul 25, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
In the latest build, the audio jack isn't registering my headphones.

Music only plays through the speakers, even with headphones plugged in. Unplugging them still pauses it though.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using XDA Premium App
Have you looked in the OP? There is a ToggleHeadset apk you need to install to switch to headphones when needed.

svinyard

Jun 9, 2010
I know this is an Alpha but it seems to be a pretty nice one.

Currently on Warm 2.3 RL1 and its doing ok. I was wondering how this would do as a daily driver? I use my phone heavily for work and battery life is a big deal. I use GPS a lot as well.

xavier86

Aug 4, 2011
Rochester, NY

A$hr@j

Jan 13, 2012
Newton, MA
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I know this is an Alpha but it seems to be a pretty nice one.

Currently on Warm 2.3 RL1 and its doing ok. I was wondering how this would do as a daily driver? I use my phone heavily for work and battery life is a big deal. I use GPS a lot as well.

I already use this as my daily driver..and I LOVE it... I use GPS a lot too and for a better battery life, delete the Bluetoothhd file..

Sent from E3D on ICS- CM9

kenpen

Mar 24, 2011
Headset Work around in op
i cant get music to play tru my auxilary jack in car to phone ,will this help
and if so,do we flash(wipes first cache and dalvick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * I am not part of the Cyanogenmod Team
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9 to the HTC Evo 3D?, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

CyanogenMod:

Headset Work around:
    http://code.google.com/p/toggleheadset/downloads/detail?name=ToggleHeadset.apk

Other

Credits:
    Tripnraver
    Chad.goodman
    Preludrew
    Cayniarb
    Jayharper
    Cyanogenmod Team​

Bugs:
    Camera[Video/3d/etc]
    4G Wimax
    SDCard Mount To PC
    In call mute​

The CyanogenMod team would like you to know this is a Kang and to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    reserved for me

oh yes...phone gasm
    This is whack.. nothing seems to be working right... why would I take a perfectly functioning phone and switch to rom full of problems? I think i'll wait for official release from HTC there are too many bugs in this release. Thanks for nothing. Cyanogenmod always has crashes and bugs I think i'll use my bandwith somewhere else.

You need to find somewhere else to troll. I will not put up with this kind of bs at all.

---Jay---
    I just built cm9 from source :D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App