[TOOL] Nexus 7 (2013) All-In-One Toolkit v1.0 [7-30-2013] [PERM ROOT][Noob-Proof]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Nov 5, 2010
Minor Snags (and the solutions to them)

First off, let me say thank you to the Dev. I appreciate the work you put into this, truly.

For those who are having problems or have additional questions, I will offer my advice.

Q: Do I used this Before or After the System Update?

A: I cannot speak for others, but I used this All-in-One tool Before installing the System Update that the Nexus automatically downloaded. (If someone else can chime in on this, it’d probably help some confused user.)

Q: The command prompt window/ADB window/Something says that the device is "Offline." What do I do?

A: Yeah, I ran into this and I was a bit baffled. It would seem that the “adb.exe” file, located within the “Tools” folder is outdated. Why others did not run into this I cannot say, but I doubt very much that I had a newer adb.exe sitting around on my system than is included here. Supposedly any version after 16 will suffice, but I used the adb.exe found in this package: http://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools_r16.0.1-windows.zip

Once you unzip the folder, find adb.exe, and copy/paste the file into the Tools folder of this All-in-One. Now try running the All-in-One utility again.

If the device still registers as offline, try typing in the command prompt window

adb kill-server

After you hit enter, type:

adb devices

It will take a second for the daemon to boot up, but once it does you /should/ have be prompted on the Nexus 7 to approve debugging from the PC it is hooked up to. (I checked the little tic box that offers, “Always allow from this computer?”)

Once you hit Yes (Always allow), you should be good to follow on with the procedure.

Q: I did all this, I got into fastboot, and..nothing happened?!

A: I don’t remember exactly what this was about, but I rebooted into Android (use the volume buttons to scroll; do not freak out that the touch screen isn’t working; use the power button to select “Start”), closed down everything on my PC that related to the All-In-One utility, and started it again at the “Reboot into bootloader” step. From there on, all has been well.

Again, I hope this helps anyone else who runs into these issues. Thanks again to Hasoon2000 for making this newbie friendly from the start.

Kindly,

Reactions: hasoon2000

akarol

Jun 16, 2010
Orlando
First off, let me say thank you to the Dev. I appreciate the work you put into this, truly.

For those who are having problems or have additional questions, I will offer my advice.

Q: Do I used this Before or After the System Update?

A: I cannot speak for others, but I used this All-in-One tool Before installing the System Update that the Nexus automatically downloaded. (If someone else can chime in on this, it’d probably help some confused user.)

Q: The command prompt window/ADB window/Something says that the device is "Offline." What do I do?

A: Yeah, I ran into this and I was a bit baffled. It would seem that the “adb.exe” file, located within the “Tools” folder is outdated. Why others did not run into this I cannot say, but I doubt very much that I had a newer adb.exe sitting around on my system than is included here. Supposedly any version after 16 will suffice, but I used the adb.exe found in this package: http://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools_r16.0.1-windows.zip

Once you unzip the folder, find adb.exe, and copy/paste the file into the Tools folder of this All-in-One. Now try running the All-in-One utility again.

If the device still registers as offline, try typing in the command prompt window

adb kill-server

After you hit enter, type:

adb devices

It will take a second for the daemon to boot up, but once it does you /should/ have be prompted on the Nexus 7 to approve debugging from the PC it is hooked up to. (I checked the little tic box that offers, “Always allow from this computer?”)

Once you hit Yes (Always allow), you should be good to follow on with the procedure.

Q: I did all this, I got into fastboot, and..nothing happened?!

A: I don’t remember exactly what this was about, but I rebooted into Android (use the volume buttons to scroll; do not freak out that the touch screen isn’t working; use the power button to select “Start”), closed down everything on my PC that related to the All-In-One utility, and started it again at the “Reboot into bootloader” step. From there on, all has been well.

Again, I hope this helps anyone else who runs into these issues. Thanks again to Hasoon2000 for making this newbie friendly from the start.

Kindly,

Turns out the problem is not the device but with ADB itself. You must update to the latest ADB files in order for the RSA key prompt to come up. I finally got it to work after searching "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" on Google and downloading the latest files from the xda-developers thread that comes up. I believe the ADB files that are contained with this AIO Toolkit are not the latest one.

Hasoon2000, could you please update the ADB files to avoid people from having this issue in the future? If anyone needs the link to the latest ADB files, just click on the link below:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42407269

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

I would definitely add to the OP that a Factory Reset is necessary if not flashing a new ROM while rooting or you'll be stuck on boot.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: hasoon2000

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
v1.0.1 Released! 7-31-2013
- Updated ADB/Fastboot so the toolkit should now work with the device.
- Added more info to the message box. If you don't flash a ROM, you MUST do a factory reset within the custom recovery, or else the device will be soft bricked!

Download is in Post 2.

corythug

Aug 2, 2011
PA
- Added more info to the message box. If you don't flash a ROM, you MUST do a factory reset within the custom recovery, or else the device will be soft bricked!

Download is in Post 2.

That's why mine bricked! Lol. Sorry it was really messing with me trying to figure out what went borked.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

turdbogls

OK, so I had the old download, replaced ADB with the latest one and everything went as planned. I really appreciate the hard work man. I could not, for the life of me, get my phone to communicate with ADB. never had problems before with other Nexii(nexus'?)
but this worked really good. unlocked, rooted, custom recovery. I am again comfortable with my android tablet (felt so lost on Stock/locked) lol

fstbusa

Jan 6, 2011
Not that it matters a whole lot, but I get this error when trying to open any of the links..... Its something to do with my home computer because it works fine on my work computer.

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
That's why mine bricked! Lol. Sorry it was really messing with me trying to figure out what went borked.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Luckily, someone said to do a factory reset!

OK, so I had the old download, replaced ADB with the latest one and everything went as planned. I really appreciate the hard work man. I could not, for the life of me, get my phone to communicate with ADB. never had problems before with other Nexii(nexus'?)
but this worked really good. unlocked, rooted, custom recovery. I am again comfortable with my android tablet (felt so lost on Stock/locked) lol
Everything went good with the toolkit after you updated the ADB Files?

Not that it matters a whole lot, but I get this error when trying to open any of the links..... Its something to do with my home computer because it works fine on my work computer.

That's strange. Your default web browser should automatically open it.

fstbusa

Jan 6, 2011
I fixed it by going into the program defaults and setting firefox as my default browser. Must have been some error/issue with my default browser.

ruvy01

Oct 29, 2010
Oregon, PNW
ok so i flashed the recovery using this toolkit but when i boot to TWRP it asks me for a password? never had that happen before...

ruvy01

Oct 29, 2010
Oregon, PNW
same here... because i dont know the password.

ok so i got it working. ended up flashing cwm then formatting then reflashed twrp and flashed a separate superuser works like a charm. thanks

Last edited:

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
It won't let me do factory reset. It says 'failed'.

Did you do a factory reset in TWRP? If not, you were supposed to.

same here... because i dont know the password.

ok so i got it working. ended up flashing cwm then formatting then reflashed twrp and flashed a separate superuser works like a charm. thanks

Link to CWM so I can add it in?

Sent From My HTC One via Someone's Room ;)

jeffc83

Aug 4, 2010
Philadelphia "burbs"
I cant even get my damn pc to even recognize the n7...no problems with dozens of devices and this had to be the first. cannot update driver nor will the uninstall technique work. Could it be W8 64?

jell3d

Dec 10, 2007
I need to stop working on other toolkits at the same time... I tend to do that mistake lol. I'll fix and reupload it. Luckily I didnt make it official.

I still have a problem though...

unlocked bootloader, check
installed TWRP, check
Entered TWRP, it asked for a password... cancel
Can't factory reset or sideload.

Installed CWM, check
Wiped everything wipable, check
still softbricked

installed TWRP again, still asking for password... can't wipe or sideload.

any thoughts?

thanks

fadi33

Oct 28, 2008
I still have a problem though...

unlocked bootloader, check
installed TWRP, check
Entered TWRP, it asked for a password... cancel
Can't factory reset or sideload.

Installed CWM, check
Wiped everything wipable, check
still softbricked

installed TWRP again, still asking for password... can't wipe or sideload.

any thoughts?

thanks

Im having the exact same problem now. Get the twrp password, get the failed factory reset, cant sideload anything. flash cwm and factory reset, still no dice.

Dont know where to go at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post 1 - Information
    Post 2 - Downloads and Release / Change Information
    Post 3 - Bugs, Future Additions to the GUI, FAQ

I would like to add for those that like my toolkit, PLEASE DO NOT POST IT ELSEWHERE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

I have seen multiple sites who copy and paste my work to their site! If I do not approve of it, then do not do it! it will discourage me from adding updates since it is being used for their own benefits!

tl;dr.

If you post my work without permission, don't expect updates!

I created an easy to use GUI program for the HTC Amaze and I decided to make one for the Nexus 7 2013 Model. I spent a good over 10+ hours to learn how to script, watch videos on how to do it, working on it during school when I should have been listening lol and all that fun stuff. I am going to fix it and up and add more updates to it. You CAN place requests and I will try to fulfill it!

If this helped you out, Please press the thanks button and if you want, you can always donate!

FEATURES​

- Install ADB Drivers
    - Enter Bootloader (after it enters into bootloader, press the power button to enter Fastboot) REMOVED. No longer necessary.
    - Unlock Bootloader (Must place Unlock_code.bin in the folder)
    - Install Recoveries
    • User Provided Recoveries
    • TWRP WiFi
    • TWRP LTE
    Kernels
    • User provided kernels
    - Link to this thread
    - Link to PM me if you need a phone unlocked
    - Link to the Nexus 7 2013 Development thread
    - Boot Into Recovery/Bootloader/Phone
    - Flash kernel/recovery/RUU zip
    - APK Batch Installer (Credits to hamsteyr)
    - Donate to me (Hasoon2000) -> Donating to yours truly for putting time into this!

Here is a screenshot.

10oflv5.jpg

How To Use. THIS IS FOR THE PC ONLY. No plans ever for Mac or Linux. Sorry.
    1. Download the toolkit DO NOT RENAME THE FOLDER
    2. Download Winrar from here. Install it after you download it
    3. Extract the folder anywhere.
    4. Run the program.

Credits
    - The guys at the AutoIT help forum that helped me learn how to make the script!
    - Devs for making us ROMS!
    - The community for being awesome!
    - To everyone else I may have forgotten!

*DISCLAIMER*

I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.

DONATIONS​
    Downloads

Mod edit: Download links removed

Changes
    V1.0 Released! 7-30-2013
    - Initial Release

Bugs
    - Directory has to have one word.
    Ex:

Will Work. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Users\John\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

C:\Users\John_Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Will NOT work. Your directory will look something like this and buttons won't work when you press it.

C:\Users\John Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

If you have 2 words, put the folder in Drive C:

Ex. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Looking to add in the future
    - Kernels
    - More recoveries
    - Makes Requests!!!

FAQs

Q - Why Did you make this?
    A - To make life easier

Q - You are limited on features. Why?
    A- You can always make a request!

Q - Will this work on other devices?
    A - Only the fastboot commands, HTC Dev unlock (device specific) and the HTC drivers. Toolkit is made for the specific device.

Q - Will you support more devices in the future?
    A - If people REALLY want, I can make it happen. I just don't want to make anything that nobody would use.

Q - Awesome! Can I make a donation?
    A - Of course! Do not feel obligated though. If you would like to make a donation, you can click the button on my toolkit or under my username.
    This is my first time supporting a non-HTC device. This should work perfectly fine, but let me know. I never owned a Nexus and I will do my best to make this compatible!
    You are a gentleman and a scholar.
    Thank you sir :)

I'll give this a shot since the other Guide isn't working for me.

Edit: Yeah I cannot, no matter what I try, get my Nexus 7 drivers installed correctly. Odd.

Go to control panel -> Device Manager. Find your Nexus 7. Right click it and press uninstall drivers and delete the drivers with it (it will give you the option to delete them). Then, on top of device manager, press scan for hardware changes and it will find it and install the correct drivers.