Lost recovery

Search This thread

RJV3

Mar 8, 2012
New York City
I was updating my twrp recovery from 2.7.0.1 to 2.7.1.0 using flashify.
I noticed flashify was unable to begin downloading the recovery image, so I do loaded it from the Internet browser.

Now when I try to reboot into recovery, I get the download screen instead.
Can't manually boot into recovery either as I get an error message saying the same.

Can someone assist me here?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I was updating my twrp recovery from 2.7.0.1 to 2.7.1.0 using flashify.
I noticed flashify was unable to begin downloading the recovery image, so I do loaded it from the Internet browser.

Now when I try to reboot into recovery, I get the download screen instead.
Can't manually boot into recovery either as I get an error message saying the same.

Can someone assist me here?

Try extracting that TWRP zip you downloaded and get the Recovery.IMG file from it.

Then use Flashify's option to flash a recovery image. Find the one you extracted and you should be good. Course you can make sure your SuperSu is all set too like previously mentioned.

RJV3

Mar 8, 2012
New York City
Try extracting that TWRP zip you downloaded and get the Recovery.IMG file from it.

Then use Flashify's option to flash a recovery image. Find the one you extracted and you should be good. Course you can make sure your SuperSu is all set too like previously mentioned.

Did exactly that and got twrp back. But trying to install the latest version 2.7.1.0 and flashify just hangs.
Extracted the image file but it doesn't update to 2.7.1.0 and still on 2.7.0.1. Odd

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Did exactly that and got twrp back. But trying to install the latest version 2.7.1.0 and flashify just hangs.
Extracted the image file but it doesn't update to 2.7.1.0 and still on 2.7.0.1. Odd

You could try getting the latest one from here http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/jfltevzw

And try using that file with Flashify....