External SD CWM backup?

Search This thread

Aquethys

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 26, 2011
Colorado
Hi guys,
I have my clockwork mod folder on my external SanDisk 16gb sdhc...does anyone know how to be able to restore this way? Does the backup have to be on internal storage? I don't see a "mount ext sd" option in mounts...
While I'm asking this..
When you move apps to external do they no longer show up in your app drawer...? I'm using go launcher but it seems they disappear when I move them to external sd card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using xda premium

dudejb

Feb 16, 2007
Montreal
by default from what I read CWM uses the internal SD card but I believe I heard some people mentioning on the forums that you can modify something in the kernel or a config file somewhere to change this. Unfortunately I do not know how sorry.

drewdown757

by default from what I read CWM uses the internal SD card but I believe I heard some people mentioning on the forums that you can modify something in the kernel or a config file somewhere to change this. Unfortunately I do not know how sorry.

Ive looked through every kernel thread and just about every rom thread and dont see anything about being able to switch it over to using your external sd card for backups....it sux but guess its not possible yet

dudejb

Feb 16, 2007
Montreal
There is a few posts in the CWM thread that talk about swapping the internal SD for the External SD.
Can you please mount external sdcard instead of internal one.
/etc/fstab:
Code:
#/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 /sdcard vfat rw
/dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /sdcard vfat rw

then he says he did it like this below:

Thanks, but not needed. I swapped my internal/external storage and this recovery now perfectly fits for me - my .android_secure is backed up by backup tool now - that's only why I asked.

How about adding
Code:
/dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /sdcard/external_sd vfat rw
/dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /sd-ext ext4 rw
to the fstab ?

This may do what you want?

Reactions: djwhitts

dudejb

Feb 16, 2007
Montreal
Yes it would be easier to leave it as it is. Lol. I have modified the fstab in Linux but not on my phone. If it is the same type of file you need to make sure you are opening it as root and there should already be a line with your current file system being mapped and simply replace it with the new line.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is a few posts in the CWM thread that talk about swapping the internal SD for the External SD.
    Can you please mount external sdcard instead of internal one.
    /etc/fstab:
    Code:
    #/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 /sdcard vfat rw
    /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /sdcard vfat rw

then he says he did it like this below:

Thanks, but not needed. I swapped my internal/external storage and this recovery now perfectly fits for me - my .android_secure is backed up by backup tool now - that's only why I asked.

How about adding
    Code:
    /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /sdcard/external_sd vfat rw
    /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /sd-ext ext4 rw
    to the fstab ?

This may do what you want?