[LWX49K&LDZ22D&LCA43] Rooting made easy

Search This thread

[NUT]

I'm not believing my eyes just yet, but honestly... :eek:

Want root? Well, then I have some good news for you:

THERE IS NO REASON TO UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER TO ROOT YOUR SMARTWATCH 3!

The fastboot mode is available on locked bootloader...

And the best news I can come up with right now? It allows hot booting custom kernels! :victory:

Code:
~$ adb reboot bootloader
~$ fastboot oem unlock
(bootloader) : WARNING: Unlocking your device will void your warranty
(bootloader) : and erase your personal data from the device.
(bootloader) : Run "fastboot oem unlock" again to confirm.
(bootloader) : Device still locked. 
OKAY [  0.008s]
finished. total time: 0.008s
~$ fastboot reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.001s
~$ adb shell
shell@tetra:/ $ su
root@tetra:/ #

I can't believe it myself, but it's TRUE! :cool: :victory:

I have rooted my device using the TWRP from this thread, this is what I did:

1. Made sure I had the developer options enabled;
  2. Enabled the ADB debugging option;
  3. Made sure the device accepted my PC as authorized;
  4. download the TWRP image from this thread (for 5.0.2) or from this post (for 5.1.1);
  5. Download Wear-SuperSU-v2.46.zip;
  6. adb reboot bootloader, saw it actually boot to fastboot... this is how I looked at that time: http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001047815/gobsmacked-15792349304_xlarge.jpeg;
  7. fastboot boot unofficial-twrp-2.8.3.0-tetra.img (incredibly I saw it boot TWRP! Well... this is like the face my colleagues where watching me pull at that moment: http://mcp53.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/gobsmacked.jpg?w=500);
  8. adb push Wear-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /sdcard/ (installed the zip in recovery);
  9. Reboot to system from TWRP;
  10. Did root test;
  11. Was seriously gobsmacked.

keep-calm-and-let-s-party-people.png

I'm investigating the possibility to have recovery on the locked device right now, which is actually something I did for many Xperia Z series devices already :angel:

Last edited:

Elpatii

Oct 20, 2012
France
Well, the good thing is, you can have root while you won't lose your warranty. Because unlocking bootloader === lost warranty.

What else we can do, the sky is basically the limit... or, the resolution is, of course :p
Oh nice! :)
And with root in this Smartwatch, what do you think that we can make of more?

[NUT]

Oh nice! :)
And with root in this Smartwatch, what do you think that we can make of more?

Well, one of the things we might be able to do is create an app or a ROM modification, which will run on the phone smartwatch itself, allowing you access to the internal storage by USB cable, because that's not possible without a phone right now. Knowing Google, it was done by design, but it won't be hard to update the ROM to allow access to the internal storage through USB.

I'll be trying to get a recovery working on the device without overwriting the one in the recovery partition, which should then allow us to easily flash ROM modifications.

Last edited:
Reactions: mattnmag

Elpatii

Oct 20, 2012
France
Well, one of the things we might be able to do is create an app or a ROM modification, which will run on the phone smartwatch itself, allowing you access to the internal storage by USB cable, because that's not possible without a phone right now. Knowing Google, it was done by design, but it won't be hard to update the ROM to allow access to the internal storage through USB.

I'll be trying to get a recovery working on the device without overwriting the one in the recovery partition, which should then allow us to easily flash ROM modifications.
Oh yeah, it's would be nice!
Continue to share your discovery :p

abbychauhan

Dec 20, 2013
JAIPUR
Well, the good thing is, you can have root while you won't lose your warranty. Because unlocking bootloader === lost warranty.

What else we can do, the sky is basically the limit... or, the resolution is, of course [emoji14]
Dude Great to see you here, i am very excited now as our SW3 will go in right direction, i have Asked Jerpelea about the Development of SW3 and he said it will start soon.
Also its a request Plz make a custom Kernel for this watch to Calibrate the Colors saturation and Gamma as its same yellowish Display as Honami had.

Reactions: [NUT]

supercurio

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
May 31, 2010
Chambéry
spectrastudy.com

RJASSI21

Oct 20, 2013

And the best news I can come up with right now? It allows hot booting custom kernels! :victory:

Hi ive been trying to work this out above you said that there is away to root the watch on locked bootloader could you explain how? I can get into fastboot but theres no way to install TWRP on locked bootloader how would I flash the superuser zip on locked bootloader. Can it be done? Your method you explained is an unlocked bootloader method and with the stock recovery you can only sideload update.zips correct me if im wrong. Can you please explain the locked bootloader method??? Can it not be done on the latest build LCA43???

Hi ive been trying to work this out above you said that there is away to root the watch on locked bootloader could you explain how? I can get into fastboot but theres no way to install TWRP on locked bootloader how would I flash the superuser zip on locked bootloader. Can it be done? Your method you explained is an unlocked bootloader method and with the stock recovery you can only sideload update.zips correct me if im wrong. Can you please explain the locked bootloader method??? Can it not be done on the latest build LCA43???
fastbooting hotboot only. no flashing of custom recovery. only flash wear supersu after hotbooting.

˜xperia z3,d6653,5.1.1,v71,tapatalk

Reactions: [NUT] and RJASSI21

RJASSI21

Oct 20, 2013
fastbooting hotboot only. no flashing of custom recovery. only flash wear supersu after hotbooting.

Ok thanks for that

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

Just one other thing how can I check I have successfully rooted my device?

[NUT]

RJASSI21

Oct 20, 2013
Or use ADB Shell to use the su command to gain root access.

Ok thank you both the root features in es are very limited so its hard to tell I will try the su command later on thanks for that NUT

Edit: I did try TWRP on the latest firmware in the end LCA43 and it was successful im still yet to see if root was successful I dont have a superuser app is this normal?

Last edited:
Reactions: [NUT]

[NUT]

Ok thank you both the root features in es are very limited so its hard to tell I will try the su command later on thanks for that NUT

Edit: I did try TWRP on the latest firmware in the end LCA43 and it was successful im still yet to see if root was successful I dont have a superuser app is this normal?

Yes, there is no app for wear (yet).

Reactions: RJASSI21

RJASSI21

Oct 20, 2013
Hi I dont think my smartwatch is rooted I ran the command but it just prints nothing I also tried system app mover app but it just keeps showing the looking for root message I cant grant root how do I do this I flashed the zip 4 times and moved it over twice what am I doing wrong?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    ~$ adb reboot bootloader
    ~$ fastboot oem unlock
    (bootloader) : WARNING: Unlocking your device will void your warranty
    (bootloader) : and erase your personal data from the device.
    (bootloader) : Run "fastboot oem unlock" again to confirm.
    (bootloader) : Device still locked. 
    OKAY [  0.008s]
    finished. total time: 0.008s
    ~$ fastboot reboot
    rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.001s
    ~$ adb shell
    shell@tetra:/ $ su
    root@tetra:/ #

I can't believe it myself, but it's TRUE! :cool: :victory:

I have rooted my device using the TWRP from this thread, this is what I did:

1. Made sure I had the developer options enabled;
    2. Enabled the ADB debugging option;
    3. Made sure the device accepted my PC as authorized;
    4. download the TWRP image from this thread (for 5.0.2) or from this post (for 5.1.1);
    5. Download Wear-SuperSU-v2.46.zip;
    6. adb reboot bootloader, saw it actually boot to fastboot... this is how I looked at that time: http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001047815/gobsmacked-15792349304_xlarge.jpeg;
    7. fastboot boot unofficial-twrp-2.8.3.0-tetra.img (incredibly I saw it boot TWRP! Well... this is like the face my colleagues where watching me pull at that moment: http://mcp53.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/gobsmacked.jpg?w=500);
    8. adb push Wear-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /sdcard/ (installed the zip in recovery);
    9. Reboot to system from TWRP;
    10. Did root test;
    11. Was seriously gobsmacked.

keep-calm-and-let-s-party-people.png

I'm investigating the possibility to have recovery on the locked device right now, which is actually something I did for many Xperia Z series devices already :angel:
    This all works on the latest Android Wear build as well
    And what if u want to use ur watch with another phone? u ll have to fectory reset the watch, is there any way it can be used with another phone without factory reset?
    http://xdaforums.com/sitesearch.php?q=resetwearclient

Ok thanks for that

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

Just one other thing how can I check I have successfully rooted my device?

sideload an app and use its root feature. es explorer or terminal emulator