[MOD][GUIDE][TUTORIAL][DEVELOPMENT HOW TO STICKY]

Search This thread

ryedunn

Oct 15, 2010
Chicago
What happens if you try on MJ4?

Anybody having try the hotspot on the new update MJ4

I just tried this and I as others have stated it will get you past the initial error, and it will appear to be be working, but after a few seconds the popup message will finally appear telling you that you are not subscribed and turn off the Hotspot.

In the absence of formal parliamentary procedure where a vote isn't practical, Im going to say this is now "thirded"

Last edited:

rawdikrik

Sep 24, 2008
Arlington
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
A) why are we made to come back here to discuss different things?
b) the modified MMS build is pretty nice, but makes sending to people kind of annoying when they cant accept larger MMS. Is there any way to make it adjustable or make it a little smaller?

2mb seems to be the sweet spot where you have decent quality and most carriers will accept it. More than that and I think tMobile wont deliver, though sprint might.

Its just an inconsistent process throughout.

I would also really like it to be themed or at least have the message list inverted. all that white is killing me.

mjcollum

Mar 13, 2011
TEXAS
A) why are we made to come back here to discuss different things?
b) the modified MMS build is pretty nice, but makes sending to people kind of annoying when they cant accept larger MMS. Is there any way to make it adjustable or make it a little smaller?

2mb seems to be the sweet spot where you have decent quality and most carriers will accept it. More than that and I think tMobile wont deliver, though sprint might.

Its just an inconsistent process throughout.

I would also really like it to be themed or at least have the message list inverted. all that white is killing me.

A) I agree liked a separate thread for each.

B) would be awesome if could set a size limit for specific contacts.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: KnukLHead

rawdikrik

Sep 24, 2008
Arlington
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
A) I agree liked a separate thread for each.

There are separate threads for each, but mod keeps closing them and directing people to this mega thread for no reason.

B) would be awesome if could set a size limit for specific contacts.

Or even a single user adjustable setting in the app itself.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

tridogg97

Jun 27, 2007
ATLANTA
Wish I knew what tools to use to get mj4 native hotspot going cause I would work on it.

imritechere

Aug 29, 2011
Bulverde, Texas
Sec.Phone.apk

Is any willing to share a sec.phone.apk modded to kill sprint connection optomizer and increasing ringtones?
I have tried for 3 days to perform the edit but cannot get it right!

Last edited:

mjcollum

Mar 13, 2011
TEXAS
Wish I knew what tools to use to get mj4 native hotspot going cause I would work on it.

I might give it a shot this afternoon. The only part I've never really messed with was the odex file . But I bet someone explains how to do it somewhere.

Reactions: tridogg97

Frizzanko

Oct 22, 2009
I might give it a shot this afternoon. The only part I've never really messed with was the odex file . But I bet someone explains how to do it somewhere.

I would probably love you for a long time. I can't seem to get any app to work to get any tethering working. Maybe I'm being an idiot.
I love the native app though.

mjcollum

Mar 13, 2011
TEXAS

I would probably love you for a long time. I can't seem to get any app to work to get any tethering working. Maybe I'm being an idiot.
I love the native app though.

If someone wants to send me the services.jar located in system/framework from Freeza's deodexed mj4 rom I'll do that part right now and make an odex when I get home.. Otherwise will have to wait until I get back to the house to deodex mine first to make the changes. Must be deodex mj4 otherwise stock services.jar though.

Reactions: LMMT

Frizzanko

Oct 22, 2009
If someone wants to send me the services.jar located in system/framework from Freeza's deodexed mj4 rom I'll do that part right now and make an odex when I get home.. Otherwise will have to wait until I get back to the house to deodex mine first to make the changes. Must be deodex mj4 otherwise stock services.jar though.

Do you want the stock one from the ROM, or do you want the one that's already edited and enabled the hotspot?
I should have both somewhere

mjcollum

Mar 13, 2011
TEXAS
Do you want the stock one from the ROM, or do you want the one that's already edited and enabled the hotspot?
I should have both somewhere

Just the stock unmodified deodexed mj4 services.jar if you've got it would be great.
The edits are no big deal. Just have to learn how to make an odex and I think I know how to do that also though this will be my first attempt in a long while.

I'd just deodex mine or grab Freeza's rom but I'm stuck at work and can't spend too much time on this right at the moment. However I can sneak in the edits real quick and be getting ready to try for an odex version.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

Do you need the stock odex or just the deodexed?

I've got the stock odex.
I just need a deodex to make the edits on.
Would probably be better if I deodexed mine and did it that way but I'm impatient and won't get to that till this afternoon.

Reactions: tridogg97

tridogg97

Jun 27, 2007
ATLANTA
Just the stock unmodified deodexed mj4 services.jar if you've got it would be great.
The edits are no big deal. Just have to learn how to make an odex and I think I know how to do that also though this will be my first attempt in a long while.

I'd just deodex mine or grab Freeza's rom but I'm stuck at work and can't spend too much time on this right at the moment. However I can sneak in the edits real quick and be getting ready to try for an odex version.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

I've got the stock odex.
Would probably be better if I deodexed mine and did it that way but I'm impatient and won't get to that till this afternoon.

Lol

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

I've got the stock odex.

Can't you just download freeza and extract the deodex file

mjcollum

Mar 13, 2011
TEXAS
Lol

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Can't you just download freeza and extract the deodex file

I most certainly could. Or I can deodex my stock file wich would be quicker. Which is what I will do this afternoon when I get home. Just figured there might be someone who already has it to save me the time.

LMMT

Apr 23, 2009
Houston area

Here is the services.jar, from freeza's stock rooted, de-odexed MJ4

Attachments

• services.jar
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: mjcollum

mjcollum

Mar 13, 2011
TEXAS
Here is the services.jar, from freeza's stock rooted, de-odexed MJ4

I'm on it. Will see what I can do. Will post deodex version shortly. And odex when I get home in a couple hours.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

here we go.
this should be a deodex mj4 hotspot mod.
but someone running stock deodex rooted mj4 will need to test for us.
just replace/overwrite file in system/framework/services.jar
took me an extra minute the offsets apparently changed from mi5 version.
if we can get confirmation it works i will try for an odex version this afternoon.
guess i might as well create a thread for it so more people see it.

GO HERE PLEASE FOR COMMENTS test results ect on this.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46980618#post46980618

Attachments

• services.jar
    2.5 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a Sticky Thread for ALL "HOW TO" Guides as related to Android Development for the Sprint Variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Any Future Guides for the Galaxy Note 3 will be added as they appear.

Other Devs, please feel free to post your guide in this thread, and we can add a link to this O/P to your GUIDE post in this thread.

If this thread starts getting lots of questions, we can start a Q&A thread. Ok, onto the guides.

DEV HOW TO GUIDES:

-NATIVE HOTSPOT MOD - by @JoshBeach / @StrongSteve - Guide is HERE!

-4IN1 REBOOT OPTIONS - by @freeza - Guide is HERE!

-CRT SCREEN OFF EFFECT - by @freeza - Guide is here!

-UNCOMPRESSED MMS AND OTHER MESSAGING APP MODS - by @freeza - Guide is HERE!

-REMOVE SPRINT CONNECTION OPTIMIZER - by JoshBeach - Guide is HERE!

-SPRINT DATA 1X/3G MOD -by @JoshBeach - Guide is HERE!

-REMOVE ROAMING NOTIFICATIONS - by @JoshBeach - Guide is HERE!

-REMOVE INCREASING RINGTONES - by @JoshBeach - Guide is HERE!

-REMOVE BATTERY FULL NOTIFICATIONS - by @JoshBeach - Guide is HERE!

-SOUND BOOST MOD - by @das7982 - Guide is HERE! twitter @bash_array

-DISABLE KNOX SECURITY SHEILD - @das7982 - Guide is HERE! twitter @bash_array

-DISABLE KNOX SECURITY SHEILD - @viperboy - EASIER METHOD FOUND HERE!

-CHANGE DPI IN APPS - @chaosrecords - Guide is HERE!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [MOD][GUIDE][DEVELOPMENT HOW TO STICKY], a ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    JoshBeach, freeza, viperboy
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean

Version Information

Created 2013-10-21
    Last Updated 2013-11-09
    Freeza reservation

One for freeza
    Steves reservation

Strong steve reservation
    First off I must say thank you to ya'll for your awesome work.i really really appreciate it as I am sure many others do too.
    However I have mixed feelings about this from a user's perspective. While it is nice to have all these in one spot, will all discussion and help for all of these be provided in this thread? I know for me anyway I can usually puzzle through what I'm doing. However it is nice to be able to read through the posts on a topic and see what other people have had to do. Mostly afraid this will then become a bit harder to read through when looking at a specific mod. Just my thoughts.

Edit.
    Maybe the solution could be an "official" thread for each mod in the QA section. Most problems and questions could probably be answered by other users with a minimum of intervention. And would help keep the devs section clean. Once again just an idea.

From my Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Edit.
    Maybe the solution could be an "official" thread for each mod in the QA section. Most problems and questions could probably be answered by other users with a minimum of intervention. And would help keep the devs section clean. Once again just an idea.

From my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Like this Idea.... :)