[TRICK] Enable A2DP BT Protocol for video

Search This thread

fabcal

Mar 17, 2008
Cagliari
With this trick i suggest a simple way to enable audio routing for watch video in bluetooth a2dp device.

Needed:
- device unlocked
- wp7 root tools

Open wp7root tools and go in this key:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Zune\Playback\Video\A2DP\CapsSet1
Change dword value DisableA2DPPLayback from 1 to 0

Now your device send audio of video like youtube, internet,or stored in memory in a2dp device if connected via bluetooth

Tested on my Samsung Omnia 7 with Vodafone Bluetooth stereo earphone and with my Sony A2DP BT car stereo in my car.

With this trick i suggest a simple way to enable audio routing for watch video in bluetooth a2dp device.

Needed:
- device unlocked
- wp7 root tools

Now your device send audio of video like youtube, internet,or stored in memory in a2dp device if connected via bluetooth

Tested on my Samsung Omnia 7 with Vodafone Bluetooth stereo earphone and with my Sony A2DP BT car stereo in my car.
Hi,
it does not work on htc hd7

spokanedj

Feb 1, 2006
Awesome. I just tried with a video podcast and Motorola Bluetooth headphones and the audio did play through the blutetooth headphones. Now why didn't they just make this a setting or change it!?

fabcal

Mar 17, 2008
Cagliari
Important notice!

I see if wifi signal is too low bluetooth not working correctly (my car stereo show disconnected device after few seconds). Suggest to listen video even downloaded in phone's memory. I missing write reboot is needed after change value. Ehm... i think for missing settings function this is commercial strategy. I see more settings implemented in registry but for commercial strategy these features are released over time or because they have not been tested or have a certain advantage in being able to communicate the dates of signatures. Even if enabled tethering works but is not active yet officially. Same goes for the voice search bing. Tomorrow I will create another discussion where I say what keys to edit the search for local bing (3 icons). The one I have not yet found is just to enable voice search of bing. That works by modifying the system language in English, even if all other items are located with your language. I hope google translator work better for my translations. Scuse me for my bad english

zard

Jul 19, 2005

Needed:
- device unlocked
- wp7 root tools

Thank you so much for this. It took me a few weeks later to remember that I had did the registry change but not tested it. I finally tested it a few days ago and it works on my HD7. I was able to listen to the audio from my videos through my BT earpiece.

gfreek

Apr 4, 2005
This missing feature on wp7 was bugging me for while! Nice hack fabcal, many thanks!:D Not sure why MSFT disabled this feature??:confused:

minep

Mar 6, 2011
You did error in:
\C_apsSet1
Need change to:
\CapsSet1

I did this on LG E900 with MFG. Tomorrow I will test this with bluetooth.

addicus

Mar 13, 2006
Inland Empire, California
Thank you so much for this. It took me a few weeks later to remember that I had did the registry change but not tested it. I finally tested it a few days ago and it works on my HD7. I was able to listen to the audio from my videos through my BT earpiece.

If wp7tools isn't for HTC products how did you do this on your HD7? Please detail so I can follow the way.

kwill

Jun 15, 2006
Austin, TX
Just got around to finally testing and it works perfect on my HD7!! Thanks a lot for this. ANd you need to be interop unlocked and use the registry editor from Schaps (touchexperience) to make the change. Flash Dotcompt's rom and then all you need to do is install registry editor.

JVH3

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 24, 2008
Minneapolis
www.twitter.com
WORKS!!! Made change on my LG Quantum.

Thanks for this. I haven't really needed it, because my bluetooth device is my car stereo. I don't have bluetooth headphones. But, it still bugged me that I couldn't do it.

I am going to test this when i get in my truck before I leave work.

Oddly, the initial value was not 1. it was 27397520. (Actual original value)

When I first tested it, this did not work for me. I changed the value. Then I tested it. Then I shut down my phone and restarted. Then tested again. It still did not work.

Later that night, I checked the value in the retgistry. It was 1, not 0.

I changed it to 0, like I did earlier. But this time I powered down right away.

After restarting. I checked the value. It was still 0. I tested it.

It Worked!!!

I think the key to this is make the change. Reboot immediately. Check the value (probably not necessary). Then connect to bluetooth.

I think connecting to bluetooth before rebooting resets the value to 1.

So, just apply the change and restart the phone right away.

Thanks again for posting this.

LG phones have a built in registry editor which is in the MFG app. You just need to acticate it and then use the password.

Last edited:

wpxbox

Oct 24, 2011
Kolkata
For Samsung Phones, If you get error code 0×81030120 while deploying wp7 root tools, install this internet connection sharing app and then wp7 root tools will be installed easily.

It turns off the flag which is used for interop unlock.

Last edited:

gfreek

Apr 4, 2005
I presume ChevronWP7 wont be sufficient to enable this?

Very good question!

I'll be soon will be getting the HTC Titan and having it Chevron Unlocked but this will not be interop unlocked and so that I can use the registry editor from Schaps to enable this feature, so how do we go around this?

What about trying this method from here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10474729&postcount=1 Will this work? anyone tried this with 2nd gen HTC WP7 phones?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Needed:
    - device unlocked
    - wp7 root tools