Mobile data doesn't activate when wifi off

Search This thread
Jul 21, 2011
Having a real hard time withbswitching between wifi and 3g, anyone help? When I turn off wifi after a few hours of use, the mobile data wont come back without a reboot. I have tried cycling airplane mode, and it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Only way to get back is with a reboot.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App

m0unds

Apr 23, 2010
Having a real hard time withbswitching between wifi and 3g, anyone help? When I turn off wifi after a few hours of use, the mobile data wont come back without a reboot. I have tried cycling airplane mode, and it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Only way to get back is with a reboot.

does it happen regardless of where you are? my first charge had data issues, it would only grab carrier data 1 out of maybe 10 times i rebooted and/or turned wifi off, and when it did, it took hours. replacement device still has trouble reacquiring carrier data at my home, but it's fine everywhere else. fwiw, when i researched my issue, i saw tons of anecdotal reports of people having their sim replaced by vzw and not having any further data issues.

Jul 21, 2011
Thanks for the reply. It seems to happen regardless of location unfortunately. I am trying to use Llama or Y5 to control wifi but its not very effective when 3g wont come back on!

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011

What have you done to your phone? what is your current setup? Maybe it's time for you to flash back to factory stock to see if the issue resolved and take it from there.

cnoevl21

Feb 26, 2010
OnePlus 8T
You don't happen to be using juice defender or something like that? When I used it, I was having all sorts of problems getting data to come back on. Ditched JD and all is well.

FrancisV

Sep 23, 2011
I use Tasker to switch between 4g and Wifi. I haven't experienced any issues even though I switch back and forth several times a day. Could your problem be a defective phone or the radio firmware? Personally I run a rooted Stock EP4D and have no complaints.

jco23

Nov 17, 2011
same experience for me when using Auto Wifi on eclipse.

no problems after switching back to Tweakstock