[Q] stuck on G1 boot screen (different than others)

Search This thread

tlgtrn

Jul 11, 2011
I am stuck on the G1 boot screen. this is the same part, but I've tried home+power, camera+power, vol down+power, call+power and any other combination.

Only when I hold the action(mouse like button)+power I can see blue led is on

please help on that

frankdrey

Dec 28, 2011
Hmmm try plug the phone into the computer and keep trying different combinations until you get FASTBOOT USB in red at the top left of the g1 screen

I'm not exactly sure how to get into this but I know I've got into it a few times when it was plugged in

Please tell us if you get it

tlgtrn

Jul 11, 2011
I was trying to update spl or radio I dont remember which one cause this. I will keep trying.

tlgtrn

Jul 11, 2011
well, actually i did not loose power, but it stock on boot screen on update and I remove battery desperately. its been 1 month I can not use my g1

frankdrey

Dec 28, 2011
well, actually i did not loose power, but it stock on boot screen on update and I remove battery desperately. its been 1 month I can not use my g1

Well you bricked when it got stuck on the boot screen
If it got stuck that means you flashed the wrong spl/radio

Sent from my Dream/Sapphire using Tapatalk

TheShortybro

Mar 18, 2012
You can get into fastboot mode by pressing POWER + CAMERA and plug in your phone with USB. I was so dumb enough that my brother almost cried when i not even soft-brickes his phone, after one friggin' year of research, i saw that i just need to flash another ROM. If that doesn't work, then I am sorry, your phone is bricked. If you can remember what radio/spl-combo you flashed, i can do more research.

TheShortybro

Mar 18, 2012
Or do you even know what ROM you flashed????

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Well there you have it, mostly, it has to reboot and get stuck on the splash screen, then it reboots into recovery. That may be the cause of your brick. Another problem is, that all those guides are not so exact at telling their readers what to do. Next time you're following a guide, just look at the maker of the thread if he's at least a senior member.