[GT-I930x/T/N][SHV-E210*][SHW-M440S] CF-Auto-Root

Search This thread

cammel

Jan 18, 2008
Buenos Aires
@chainfire as you probably know, in every stock jelly Bean firmware update that has been released for the international galaxy S3 I9300 after installing jb, when you enter to stock recovery the android robot is laying down on his back with a red exclamation mark on it, it happened on every single jb firmware that I (and lots of other people's) tried. If you go back to ics then the android robot on stock recovery is fine.
The thing is that today I updated to the newest Spain jb release (DLJ4) and of course after flashing with pc Odin my root was gone, so I flashed this new auto root tool from you (for the first time cause I always used cf-root) without any issue, but I got surprised that after flashing this auto root tool and entered to stock recovery again (the one is installed after flashing this auto root tool) the android robot was fine and not lying dead like it was before rooting it! Is there any explanation for this? Is a different recovery versión the one is flashed with auto-Root? Cause it also doesn't have one option called adb ot something like that...
Thanks a lot in advance for the help!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Muaddib69

karwankar

Oct 10, 2011
how to install zip files in cwm recovery in this autoroot?

@chainfire as you probably know, in every stock jelly Bean firmware update that has been released for the international galaxy S3 I9300 after installing jb, when you enter to stock recovery the android robot is laying down on his back with a red exclamation mark on it, it happened on every single jb firmware that I (and lots of other people's) tried. If you go back to ics then the android robot on stock recovery is fine.
The thing is that today I updated to the newest Spain jb release (DLJ4) and of course after flashing with pc Odin my root was gone, so I flashed this new auto root tool from you (for the first time cause I always used cf-root) without any issue, but I got surprised that after flashing this auto root tool and entered to stock recovery again (the one is installed after flashing this auto root tool) the android robot was fine and not lying dead like it was before rooting it! Is there any explanation for this? Is a different recovery versión the one is flashed with auto-Root? Cause it also doesn't have one option called adb ot something like that...

how to install zip files in cwm recovery in this autoroot?
mobile odin pro is required I dont have credit card for pro version any other option ???

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu

I think CF-Auto-Root actually includes the ICS recovery, not the JB one.

dredmann

Jun 14, 2012
I haven't tried it as I'm running CM10 at the moment but can I assume it can be installed with Heimdall like in version 6.4 using the same procedure
sudo heimdall flash --recovery recovery.img --cache cache.img ?

cammel

Jan 18, 2008
Buenos Aires
I think CF-Auto-Root actually includes the ICS recovery, not the JB one.

Ohhh...ok, but it can be used without any problem to root jelly bean firmwares I suppose... am I right?? Does the ICS recovery affect the phone in any way when used on a jb firmware?
Thanks a lot!!!

ZxCv84

Dec 26, 2008
No, I am rooted and my status is normal.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Same here, root, Zero counter, all normal.
Confirming that this works flawless with 9305N. Also Triangle away since 2.26. Thanks!

I had to do a factory reset, I guess something was wrong in my prior rooted phone enviroment.

Nightslayer

Feb 20, 2010
Hi, i just got my S3 and its my first android device so i never flashed a custom ROM.. however i've read a lot so im familiar with the most common terms..

i just rooted my s3 with chainfire auto root.. but he says that he no longer support.. customs recovery.. so my question its.. how do i wipe my s3 y how do i install the Omega Jelly Bean v31 which i already downloaded, is it necessary install CWM?

Thanks in advance!!

willows

Nov 19, 2006
i tried 29 times but my S3 still unrooted, please help me. I'm last time my s3 still ICS i rooted using CF-root 6.4 after i upgraded to JB i tried using CF-auto root but cannot.

Thanks

Pasci2

May 22, 2009
i tried 29 times but my S3 still unrooted, please help me. I'm last time my s3 still ICS i rooted using CF-root 6.4 after i upgraded to JB i tried using CF-auto root but cannot.

Thanks

I am having the same issue since I upgraded to JB (I9300XXDLJ1). I have tried the CF-Root 6.4 as well as the CF-Auto-Root v1.0 several times. The phone status goes from normal to modified after applying these patches. But I never get to see the SuperSU app icon. I also downloaded the SuperSU app from the Play store but the app keeps on crashing. I know for a fact that not rooted properly as Titanium Backup shows 'asking for root rights' and doesn't stop showing it. I have done a full unroot (via the SuperSU app) and a reflash of the CF and a reinstall of the SuperSU app but all to no avail. I cannot get my Galaxy S3 JB rooted :crying:

I am having the same issue since I upgraded to JB (I9300XXDLJ1). I have tried the CF-Root 6.4 as well as the CF-Auto-Root v1.0 several times. The phone status goes from normal to modified after applying these patches. But I never get to see the SuperSU app icon. I also downloaded the SuperSU app from the Play store but the app keeps on crashing. I know for a fact that not rooted properly as Titanium Backup shows 'asking for root rights' and doesn't stop showing it. I have done a full unroot (via the SuperSU app) and a reflash of the CF and a reinstall of the SuperSU app but all to no avail. I cannot get my Galaxy S3 JB rooted :crying:

I have the same issues as what the two of you experience too. Build number I9300XXDLJ1 too

rakosnicek

Sep 23, 2010
Hi when i use cf auto root and after this triangel away i still can see change counter 1 a status modified.

Pasci2

May 22, 2009
Has anybody been able to get the supersu app to appear on 4.1.1 after flashing with CF? I and several others can't get it to root properly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Check your device model ! Settings -> About device -> Model number. See the third post for exact supported model numbers. If your device is a totally different model, it will not work (may even brick) !

CF-Root is the root for "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock Samsung firmwares, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root.

Donate
    CF-Root has been available for many devices and has clocked over 8 million downloads. This is not even counting custom ROMs that already include it. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!). Imagine if every CF-Root user has donated me $1...

What's installed
    - SuperSU binary and APK
    - Stock recovery

Installation and usage
    Flash the CF-Auto-Root package as PDA in ODIN (details on how to do that are in next post), and your device should reboot into a modified recovery (signified by a large red Android logo) and it will install SuperSU for you and restore the stock recovery, and reboot back into Android.

If you don't get to the red Android logo, boot into recovery manually ("adb reboot recovery", or boot while holding Power+VolUp+Home).

Using this root increases your flash counter. You should run Triangle Away (see below) after rooting to reset the counter. Note that if you want to run custom kernels or custom recoveries, your flash counter will be set to 1 at every boot. Either configure Triangle Away to reset the counter at every boot (Play version only) or only reset the counter when you need to go into warranty.

Did you see the red Android logo during rooting, but SuperSU does not appear? This may sometimes occur due to left-over files and settings, however, you can usually install SuperSU from Google Play at this stage and it'll just work.

Not included - Triangle Away
    Triangle Away can be used to reset the flash counter after installing CF-Root. The flash counter keeps track of how many custom firmwares you have flashed, as this voids warranty. (No idea what this about ? Read up on it, you will want to use this !)

Not included - adbd Insecure
    As this CF-Root does not include a custom kernel, adb shell does not have root access by default (you can still get it by typing su inside the shell), nor is adb remount supported, nor will adb push and adb pull work on system files. adbd Insecure can be used to remedy this situation. (No idea what this is about ? Don't worry about it !)

CF-Auto-Root homepage
    http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/

CF-Auto-Root main thread
    [CENTRAL] CF-Auto-Root
    For requests for new roots and generic discussion - please keep device specific discussion in the thread you are viewing now.

No CWM and such ?
    I have personally moved away from permanent custom recoveries, and I am no longer supporting them. On newer devices they cause flash counter and OTA flashing issues. If you really want one, others do provide versions of CWM and TWRP for most devices. Personally I just use Mobile ODIN to install ZIPs and Titanium Backup for my backup/restore needs. I do always want root though, and as such I'm still supporting CF-Auto-Root as quick way to root.
    ODIN Installation (detailed)

- Follow these instructions to the letter. Do not touch any buttons or checkboxes that are not listed below to touch!
    - Unzip the attached Odin3-vX.X.zip file
    - Download and unzip the CF-Auto-Root-....zip file (see posts below this one)
    - If you end up with a recovery.img and cache.img file, you've extracted twice. You need to end up with a .tar.md5 file - don't extract that one
    - (USB) Disconnect your phone from your computer
    - Start Odin3-vX.X.exe
    - Click the PDA button, and select CF-Auto-Root-....tar.md5
    - Put your phone in download mode (turn off phone, then hold VolDown+Home+Power to boot - if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button, or run adb reboot download command)
    - (USB) Connect the phone to your computer
    - Make sure Repartition is NOT checked
    - Click the Start button
    - Wait for Android to boot
    - Done (if it took you more than 30 seconds, you need practise!)

- NOTE: Sometimes the device does *not* boot into recovery mode and root your device. Just do the entire procedure again if this happens. If it still will not install root and such, make sure that in Odin "Auto Reboot" is not checked. Then after flashing, pull the battery, and boot with VolUp+Home+Power button to boot into recovery manually. This will start the install process.

New to Samsung? Unfamiliar with Odin? Think all the above is a hassle? Get used to it. It's very simple, and us Samsung folk use Odin (or Mobile ODIN ;)) for everything! It's so very very convenient once you get used to it. Notice the 30 second comment above? For experienced users, the entire process indeed takes only 30 seconds!

You may now optionally want to install and run Triangle Away to reset the flash counter.
    2013.05.20 --- CF-Auto-Root

SuperSU: v1.30

Download:

GT-I9300: CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.zip
    GT-I9300T: CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0du-gti9300t.zip
    GT-I9305: CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.zip
    GT-I9305T: CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3dv-gti9305t.zip
    GT-I9305N: CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3swexx-gti9305n.zip

SHV-E210K: CF-Auto-Root-c1ktt-c1ktt-shve210k.zip
    SHV-E210L: CF-Auto-Root-c1lgt-c1lgt-shve210l.zip
    SHV-E210S: CF-Auto-Root-c1skt-c1skt-shve210s.zip

SHW-M440S: CF-Auto-Root-m0skt-m0skt-shwm440s.zip

--- History ---

2013.05.20: SuperSU v1.30
    2013.02.20: SuperSU v1.05
    2012.12.02: SuperSU v0.98
    2012.10.26: SuperSU v0.96
    I've updated the I9300 download with the ELLC recovery.
    All CF-Auto-Root's have been updated with SuperSU v1.05 today !