[LINKS] Nexus One FRF72

Search This thread

ilanad

Jun 28, 2008
The reason your internal memory has dropped is due to the browser cached files go to settings,applications,manage applications,all applications,scroll down to browser,tap it,clear cache.hope this helps

I'm not that stupid. Of course it does. I cleared cache just before I installed FRF72 from 50 hence I feel confident that there was an increase in storage there

D

diversificationied

Improved garbage cleanup.

You had more garbage that others.

seeking

Jan 17, 2007
this might sound dumb but how do i install this update? I have the tmobile nexus one...will it work with that? thanks!

temperbad

Jan 13, 2009
portland
this might sound dumb but how do i install this update? I have the tmobile nexus one...will it work with that? thanks!

yes, are you rooted? if not download update, rename to update.zip, place in root of sd card. shut phone off, hold trackball and power till bootloader comes up, select recovery, then flash zip from sd, and flash the zip...

Or search and find other files if your rooted.

D

diversificationied

Lol, it's kinda sad cause it usually means it's at least a week away.

(I think that's how long they "test" out the rc builds minimum). =/

seeking

Jan 17, 2007
yes, are you rooted? if not download update, rename to update.zip, place in root of sd card. shut phone off, hold trackball and power till bootloader comes up, select recovery, then flash zip from sd, and flash the zip...

Or search and find other files if your rooted.

nah im not rooted, but thank you for the help. I didnt realize it was just like all the other updates. I appreciate it

platinumandroid

Apr 5, 2010
Orange County
@ilanad

Originally Postedby platinumandroid "The reason your internal memory has dropped is due to the browser cached files go to settings,applications,manage applications,all applications,scroll down to browser,tap it,clear cache.hope this helps." (@ilanad) " I'm not that stupid. Of course it does. I cleared cache just before I installed FRF72 from 50 hence I feel confident that there was an increase in storage there." You must be stupid cause that's not what I was saying dumdass the reason your internal memory has declined is due to a bug in froyo,I know there was an increase in internal memory in frf72 from frf50 but if you knew how to read I was telling you to check your browser cache Now and you will see that it is filling up to about 9 or so MB hence why you had an immediate increase in memory and now it has dropped.with this build you will see it necessary to clear the cache a few times a day if you want to see that extra memory. I suggest you read a post more clearly before you embarrass yourself again as I was just trying to help you.

DMaverick50

May 1, 2009
San Antonio, Tx
I repeat

FRF50 I had 28meg internal showing in SD and phone storage, now have 54meg.

After a few days, it's gone down to 42meg, but there is absolutely an increase.

I don't want to sound argumentative but you are the only user I've found to have seen the increase. I certainly could've missed some applicable posts but, with all due respect, I continue to have some doubts...

DMaverick50

May 1, 2009
San Antonio, Tx
Is there any chance that we are stillwaiting because Google is implementing features not in the test version? I haven't read about any bugs that should take this long to iron out, at least not according to the magic I've seen the devs in this forum alone conduct. Call me a dreamer...

D

diversificationied

Very small chance we get 82 as final, 83 will turn to Gingerbread!

Google will be announcing some sort of music business plan, hope it has to do with froyo streaming.

Also 83.

Last edited:

ttnurmi

Jun 23, 2010
I am experiencing instability :( with FRF72, I didn't had any problem with FRF50, Even one time my phone hangs and I forced to restart it, but everything back to normal after that. I think it should be some compatibility problem between the app I have and FRF72 specially Launcher Pro. Anybody else had any problem like that?

I have experienced the same problem. Installed FRF72 yesterday without any probs, today the phone has been very laggy and programs have crashed several time. The reason might also be Google Listen that was updated yesterday or Audible beta I installed yesterday.

yachiam

May 17, 2010
2.2 for EPE54B

I have a stock EPE54B (sms free).
Will the above 2.2 zip file work for it?
If no - is anyone know where I can find the right version?

ultimateb

Dec 8, 2005
I run FR72 and did have a few instances of the browser using 68MB. Crashing all sorts of things cause it ran out of space. Don't know how to reproduce unfortunately :(

Also it seems my exchange link is borked. Can't get it to work again. Ah well, that's what you get for using tests builds :)

teihoata

Jun 11, 2009
I run FR72 and did have a few instances of the browser using 68MB. Crashing all sorts of things cause it ran out of space. Don't know how to reproduce unfortunately :(

I use to have this problem nearly everyday, I didn't know what i was doing wrong either lol but yeah my phone says its low on space and its always the browser using up epic amounts of space.
Now Everytime I finish using the browser I just kill everything using advanced task killer or something.

JeepFreak

May 17, 2008
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Note that I did NOT have stock recovery at all I ignored most of that post and pulled down the rooter update only.

The difference is that the Cyanogen rooter breaks my wifi, this doesn't and I get root back. I used this do my initial update and then the alternative rooter to get root back. The initial update did NOT allow adb remount.

SC

I had the wifi problem too but this fixed it for me. Thanks!
Billy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    md5sum ... someone ?

i haven't found a sum anywhere, does someone have one ? i'd rather not flash an -uh-oh- ;-)